Shipping from Ireland - reputable companies!

Oldmarried - Thank you for your two cents! It has really changed my outlook on things. Any reccomendation on a company yourself?

@Kianobeano - Melbourne to Perth is like from here to New York so I don't think sharing will work. I think its a good idea. Oldmarried seems to know the ins and outs of the shipping game, would appreciate his/her opinion on it...?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oldmarried

As I work in the industry I have my preferences but would not wish to break the rules of the forum by naming them. However I strongly recommend you use a FIDI member. You can read about this trade organisation and find members in Ireland here http://www.fidi.com/

Hi

We are moving from Dublin to Sydney in Sept. I got a quote from a firm AA Economy Worldwide Freight in Santry for €2,950. I just got an e mail quote for a 20 foot container. he didnt need to call to see us.

What quote did you get can i ask?

If there is anyone going to Sydney later this year we would happily share a container as we dont have too much stuff

regards

karl

Guest sunnydays4

Wow thats extremely cheap compared to quotes I got for 20ft container. I have just emailed them to see what they quote me. I am heading to Perth. Is this including the AQIS charge do you know. thanks

Hi

We are moving from Dublin to Sydney in Sept. I got a quote from a firm AA Economy Worldwide Freight in Santry for €2,950. I just got an e mail quote for a 20 foot container. he didnt need to call to see us.

What quote did you get can i ask?

If there is anyone going to Sydney later this year we would happily share a container as we dont have too much stuff

regards

karl

Hi

I dont know if it includes that...i dont even know what that is!!!

I have copied his e mail below

We provide an excellent seafreight service to Australia. Please find details below.

regards

karl

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Container Shipping

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Origin / Destination

[/TD]

[TD]From your Swords premises to Sydney, Australia.

Your side would load the container at your Swords premises after the driver drops it at your premises.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Price

[/TD]

[TD]€2950 for 20ft Container to Port/Local Warehouse in Sydney, Australia.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Transit Time

[/TD]

[TD]6 Weeks approx from day of shipping.

Agent contacts receiver once shipment arrives at destination.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Excludes

[/TD]

[TD]Local customs/handling in Sydney, Australia.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sailings

[/TD]

[TD]Designated excellent shipping service every Friday.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

The first 2 hours of loading time is included in the above price. If the 2 hours pass when loading the container in Swords the driver charges a waiting fee of €55 per extra hour after that but if you have a few people loading the container your end it shouldn’t take more than 2 hours, you might even get it done inside an hour depending on what you have.

Prices above are 0% Rated VAT. There is NO VAT. There is no VAT charged for Non-EU shipments.

We only need 24hrs notice to arrange booking.

Let me know if you wish to go ahead with a booking and I can send back over details of what we need.

If there’s anything else I can help with please don’t hesitate to ask!

Guest oldmarried
Hi

I dont know if it includes that...i dont even know what that is!!!

I have copied his e mail below

We provide an excellent seafreight service to Australia. Please find details below.

regards

karl

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Container Shipping

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Origin / Destination

[/TD]

[TD]From your Swords premises to Sydney, Australia.

Your side would load the container at your Swords premises after the driver drops it at your premises.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Price

[/TD]

[TD]€2950 for 20ft Container to Port/Local Warehouse in Sydney, Australia.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Transit Time

[/TD]

[TD]6 Weeks approx from day of shipping.

Agent contacts receiver once shipment arrives at destination.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Excludes

[/TD]

[TD]Local customs/handling in Sydney, Australia.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sailings

[/TD]

[TD]Designated excellent shipping service every Friday.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

The first 2 hours of loading time is included in the above price. If the 2 hours pass when loading the container in Swords the driver charges a waiting fee of €55 per extra hour after that but if you have a few people loading the container your end it shouldn’t take more than 2 hours, you might even get it done inside an hour depending on what you have.

Prices above are 0% Rated VAT. There is NO VAT. There is no VAT charged for Non-EU shipments.

We only need 24hrs notice to arrange booking.

Let me know if you wish to go ahead with a booking and I can send back over details of what we need.

If there’s anything else I can help with please don’t hesitate to ask!

Yes, the point is they provide an excellent seafreight service. There is a lot more to shipping household goods than just the seafreight. See my comments on previous pages regarding the difference between freight forwarders and removers.

Hi all ,shipping done, but let me say careline guys brill, only problem was I didn't book them :-) ,the company I did book got them without informing me,and surprise surprise can't now be got on the phone , o and its suppose to be one of the good companys

Hi all ,shipping done, but let me say careline guys brill, only problem was I didn't book them :-) ,the company I did book got them without informing me,and surprise surprise can't now be got on the phone , o and its suppose to be one of the good companys

How did Careline do your shipping if you booked a different company? And who cant be got on the phone?

original company aachener got them, unknown to me and they cant be got on phone, careline where great ,lads where very nice and done great job,guys in office not willing to budge on price they agreed with aachener who we booked

How did Careline do your shipping if you booked a different company? And who cant be got on the phone?

So you booked aachener? Why on earth did they then get careline to do it? They too busy! Thats bizare. thanks for that cos I had heard aachener good but that sounds like a headache i dont need! When u heading? Soon if the stuff is gone I imagine!!

Just throwing it out there:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/141851-shared-40-foot-container-ireland-melbourne-winter-2012-a.html#post1348413

Hi guys,

We are heading to Melbourne Nov/Dec this year and will be bringing belongings and a car with us.

I'm considering using Careline whom are very reputable. 20ft is circa €4500 and 40ft is circa €7000 (plus insurance plus customs). 6-8 weeks sailing time.

Careline have depots nationwide but I'd be using Limerick.

Just putting it out there. Even if you only had a few boxes it could save you money and in turn us money!

Let me know your interest.

Kieran

Guest Duckymomo

We've had surveys done with Careline, AMC and McGimpseys. We were very impressed by all but it's up to OH employer now to decide who we ship with. We will probably be going around Easter time.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sunnydays4
Hi girls, just wondering if you have any updates on your shipping, any decisions made?

we went with crown relocations, very happy so far. they have been on the ball. came last monday morning at 8 and were gone at 4.30. word of warning keep anything you dont want going in container in separate box/room. they ended up packing my charger for phone which was plugged into the wall plus 20 euro credit which was on mantlepiece, god love them think i had their head done in asking to reopen boxes lol.

Can anyone tell me the disadvantages of using groupage, ie the removal company bulks up your things into a 200ft container with others. We wouldnt have enough for a full 20 ft so the groupage cost from Dublin to Sydney was like €1,500, which included door to door delivery (exc insurance). This seems very good value but i see lots of people talking about much higher prices...am i missing something?

thanks

karl

• 1 month later...
Can anyone tell me the disadvantages of using groupage, ie the removal company bulks up your things into a 200ft container with others. We wouldnt have enough for a full 20 ft so the groupage cost from Dublin to Sydney was like €1,500, which included door to door delivery (exc insurance). This seems very good value but i see lots of people talking about much higher prices...am i missing something?

Hey karlom,

Who did u get your quote of for groupage?