Excavator Sponsorship ''is it still possible''

irishexcavator

is it still possible to get sponsored by a company for us excavator operators, or are we just dreaming, i wonder will things get better for excavator operators in the future. if anybody is in the no please share your comments
From what I have heard its very hard at the moment for excavator operators to get sponsorship. I have heard that there is no shortage of Australian operators and plenty more chapping at the door that have just got their operator tickets. Hopefully this will change in the future but I think its tough for you guys at the moment unfortunately

David

I dunno tbh. Some people have told me they dont have the guys to fill the jobs and its the government that are holding things back and the mining companies are suffering for it. If you look online then you will find articles to back this up. I'll try send one in a minute. I would also imagine that some of the normal construction companies are suffering if everybodys interested in the mine big bucks. dont know this for sure though.

Read up on enterprise migration agreements, these seem to be the things that are for machinery operators but there just doesnt seem to be many companies that have them at the moment. Maybe it'll change in the future

Shhhhhhh dont let anyone see that lol or you'll have the moral brigade on your back. If you've got your aussie tickets then i think that will make it easier for you, theres one or two members on here that might know of any companies who might be able to help, i'll see if i can find anything out. best thing to do is just save or just get organised incase you have to leave within a month or two. Keep applying for jobs and emphasize that you've got your aussie tickets and you've already worked over there so your not going to go over and moan that its hard work or about the heat lol. might help

I dunno tbh. Some people have told me they dont have the guys to fill the jobs and its the government that are holding things back and the mining companies are suffering for it. If you look online then you will find articles to back this up. I'll try send one in a minute. I would also imagine that some of the normal construction companies are suffering if everybodys interested in the mine big bucks. dont know this for sure though.

Read up on enterprise migration agreements, these seem to be the things that are for machinery operators but there just doesnt seem to be many companies that have them at the moment. Maybe it'll change in the future

Normal construction plant is a lot smaller than mining plant though. On a construction site excavators generally range from 13 tonnes to 30 tonnes whereas mining excavators are more I'm the range of 75 - 100 tonnes. I'm not sure if you would need specific tickets for such large plant.

Normal construction plant is a lot smaller than mining plant though. On a construction site excavators generally range from 13 tonnes to 30 tonnes whereas mining excavators are more I'm the range of 75 - 100 tonnes. I'm not sure if you would need specific tickets for such large plant.

Im not sure.. I know that when dave worked on the really big ones he had his coal certifications or whatever you call them cos he was on the coal mines. When he worked on normal construction then he was usually only on upto 50tonne. Irishexcavator will have a better idea than me lol especially if he already has his aussie tickets

excavators are much the same weggie, just bigger insize. i bet ya that any1 body that could handle a mini excavator would have no bother with a 100 ton machine. the actions are all the same

thats what dave used to tell me all the time, i wasnt sure if he was talking rubbish lol. He said that sometimes the little diggers were the hardest because it was more detailed work if that makes sense? is the word final trim? he preferred driving the big ones

thats what dave used to tell me all the time, i wasnt sure if he was talking rubbish lol. He said that sometimes the little diggers were the hardest because it was more detailed work if that makes sense? is the word final trim? he preferred driving the big ones

the mini diggers aint as smooth, they tend to be more jumpy

Im not sure.. I know that when dave worked on the really big ones he had his coal certifications or whatever you call them cos he was on the coal mines. When he worked on normal construction then he was usually only on upto 50tonne. Irishexcavator will have a better idea than me lol especially if he already has his aussie tickets

Black coal competencies are what they're called, basically a TAA assesses you (normally on site) and then issues you with it, they used to have numbers starting MNCO or MNCG, but they've gone over to RII numbers now. there's a civil construction one and a mining one. As far as I know there's only a universal size BCC ticket, but a seperate one to go on to the hyraulic/rope shovels.

I've noted that several trainers for mining won't pass you off with the excavator ticket until you've worked as a dump truck driver; basically as you're loading them they want you to know what it's like from the dumpie viewpoint, but couldn't tell you if that was widespread or a money-making ploy from the various trainers.

Black coal competencies are what they're called, basically a TAA assesses you (normally on site) and then issues you with it, they used to have numbers starting MNCO or MNCG, but they've gone over to RII numbers now. there's a civil construction one and a mining one. As far as I know there's only a universal size BCC ticket, but a seperate one to go on to the hyraulic/rope shovels.

I've noted that several trainers for mining won't pass you off with the excavator ticket until you've worked as a dump truck driver; basically as you're loading them they want you to know what it's like from the dumpie viewpoint, but couldn't tell you if that was widespread or a money-making ploy from the various trainers.

Eera. You defo are the person with the knowledge when it comes to the mining industry! :wink:

Here is the shortened version of what i was talking about...

[h=2]Project Agreements[/h]For large resources and infrastructure projects.

Projects in Australia’s booming resource, oil and gas sectors require workers in numbers and skill areas that the local population cannot provide.

Project Labour Agreements allow such projects to meet their workforce needs and give companies contracting to these projects access to semi skilled workers.

Project Labour Agreements are sponsorship contracts negotiated with the Australian Government which allow employers to sponsor overseas workers to Australia.

These agreements enable large resources and infrastructure projects to meet their planned workforce needs and allow project owners and their contractors to access semi skilled occupations such as drivers, plant and machine operators. These workers are not usually available under standard 457 visa programs.

In 2010 the Government changed the application process allowing employers to negotiate directly with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship. Further changes are expected in 2011.

Proposed Changes

The Federal Government is also currently considering the introduction of Enterprise Migration Agreements, a special form of labour agreement recognising the resource sector’s particular needs and unique standing within the Australian economy. The changes were recommended by the National Resources Sector Employment Taskforce.

The Government is currently consulting with industry on the proposed changes. If adopted, the Enterprise Migration Agreements will act as overarching agreements for high value projects. For further detail on the proposal please contact Migration Agreements Australia partner Karen Crockford.

Copyright © 2010 Migration Agreements Australia