Australian International Airport Body Scans

Guest The Pom Queen

I worry about X rays in general and radiation from everything so more radiation worries me.

I would not like too have extra added during a flight.

Having said that.............

I would much rather myself and everyone else be scanned, before getting on a plane, due too security risks. My family are on that plane and other people families are on other planes and they deserve to have had everything done possible, to ensure safety from other people.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I worry about X rays in general and radiation from everything so more radiation worries me.

I would not like too have extra added during a flight.

Having said that.............

I would much rather myself and everyone else be scanned, before getting on a plane, due too security risks. My family are on that plane and other people families are on other planes and they deserve to have had everything done possible, to ensure safety from other people.

I work in the Therapeutic X-Ray business and am around this stuff daily, I wear a Dosimeter Watch and a TLD which can measure my cumulative exposure and I am nowhere near the limit. This is the most regulated business in the world.

I would be more worried about natural occurring Radiation such as Radon which exposure can occur in the mining industry or in old buildings.

Guest littlesarah

JoandJon

I was joking about the 'journal' (sarcasm being the lowest form of wit, so I got what deserved)! Part of my work these days involves research, and I get a bit touchy about how scientists are so often portrayed by purveyors of 'natural' products as biased and corrupt. Especially given that such people are usually not even trying to find data to back up their claims. But that's a soapbox I think I'll stay off, for now...

Oh thank god you were joking littlesarah!! Sorry I didn't twig ** slaps self **

I looked at the website and the first though into my head is definitely better off not being written here 'cos I'm sure I'll offend someone. (stop it jo, NO, you can't.... NO I'm sure it's not full of alien abductions and conspiracy theories)

Bah, soapboxes are fun, you stay on yours as long as you like!!

And now, I'm off to save the world from being destoryed by evil radiation sources.

:)