Liverpool ** fan clubs/meeting places in Canberra

Breezer

Hi Everyone,

Really sorry for not being on here sooner and replying. Thankfully I have been busy with my work and family settling in to ACT.

I read a reply to my initial message about LFC opening/accepting International LFC Fan Clubs. I contacted LFC who did update me last year (I think I mentioned the criteria for setting one up) and I never followed through with it.

I note some LFC fans mentioning about meeting up and watching a game or two. I'm happy to meet and get behind a great club , albeit 11,000 miles away!

If anyone wants to see a particular game this season place a message on this thread and maybe a few of us could meet and watch the game?

Great to see the Pool doing so well this season. YNWA!

Cheers

Breezer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, the remaining games are below. The ones in red are just ones I won't be able to see (I'm a single dad and those are weeks I have my boy). I'll have a look around for venues to see who might be showing them.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Day[/TD]

[TD]Date[/TD]

[TD]KO[/TD]

[TD]Competition[/TD]

[TD]Opposition[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sat[/TD]

[TD]25/1/14[/TD]

[TD]2345[/TD]

[TD]FA[/TD]

[TD]Bournemouth (A)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Wed

[/TD]

[TD]29/1/14

[/TD]

[TD]0200

[/TD]

[TD]EPL

[/TD]

[TD]Everton (H)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Mon

[/TD]

[TD]3/2/14

[/TD]

[TD]0030

[/TD]

[TD]EPL

[/TD]

[TD]West Bromwich Albion (A)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sat[/TD]

[TD]8/2/14[/TD]

[TD]2345[/TD]

[TD]EPL[/TD]

[TD]Arsenal (H)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Wed

[/TD]

[TD]13/2/14

[/TD]

[TD]0200

[/TD]

[TD]EPL

[/TD]

[TD]Fulham (A)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Mon[/TD]

[TD]24/2/14[/TD]

[TD]0030[/TD]

[TD]EPL[/TD]

[TD]Swansea (H)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sun

[/TD]

[TD]2/3/14

[/TD]

[TD]0200

[/TD]

[TD]EPL

[/TD]

[TD]Southampton (A)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sun[/TD]

[TD]9/3/14[/TD]

[TD]0200[/TD]

[TD]EPL[/TD]

[TD]Sunderland (H)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sun

[/TD]

[TD]16/3/14

[/TD]

[TD]0200

[/TD]

[TD]EPL

[/TD]

[TD]Manchester United (A)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sun[/TD]

[TD]23/3/14[/TD]

[TD]0200[/TD]

[TD]EPL[/TD]

[TD]Cardiff (A)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sun

[/TD]

[TD]30/3/14

[/TD]

[TD]0200

[/TD]

[TD]EPL

[/TD]

[TD]Tottenham (H)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sun[/TD]

[TD]6/4/14[/TD]

[TD]0100[/TD]

[TD]EPL[/TD]

[TD]West Ham (A)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sun

[/TD]

[TD]13/4/14

[/TD]

[TD]0000

[/TD]

[TD]EPL

[/TD]

[TD]Manchester City (H)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sun[/TD]

[TD]20/4/14[/TD]

[TD]0000[/TD]

[TD]EPL[/TD]

[TD]Norwich (A)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sun

[/TD]

[TD]27/4/14

[/TD]

[TD]0000

[/TD]

[TD]EPL

[/TD]

[TD]Chelsea (H)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sun[/TD]

[TD]4/5/14[/TD]

[TD]0000[/TD]

[TD]EPL[/TD]

[TD]Crystal Palace (A)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sun

[/TD]

[TD]12/5/14

[/TD]

[TD]0000

[/TD]

[TD]EPL

[/TD]

[TD]Newcastle (H)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Steve Maunsell

Hi Steve

Great to hear from you.

Ouch - I note the big games are in Red thus you are unable to make it. Family first though I totally understand!

Let me know what venues you find for the above dated you can watch the match and I will have a look at which one's I can make it to.

Cheers

Breezer

Hey Breezer

I haven't heard back from the Labor Club (City or Belco) but heard back almost straight away from The Lakes who said:

We do show a variety of sporting events here at Gungahlin Lakes including the English Premier League, however I cannot guarantee which games we will be showing and at what times.

As a general rule, provided there are no other customers using TV's or areas of the club (for sound reasons), staff will change TV's and sound upon request. The manager’s discretion will extend to these decisions as well as whether or not they use the projector.

I can say from personal experience that we are rarely busy in the TAB / Sports viewing area at the times you mentioned so if you ask a staff member they will more than likely accommodate you.

Siren's a good bar but they close at midnight. The Lakes closes at 4am.

So there's a couple of weekend games coming up. Next wknd KO on Sat night 25th at 1145pm vs Bournemouth in the FA Cup 4th round and then on Sat 8th Feb KO at 1145pm vs Arsenal in the EPL. The Foxtel TV guide says that ESPN is showing the FA Cup but doesn't list the teams but the Reds is the only one at that time. The guide doesn't go into Feb to see what games are on but it doesn't sound like it'd be a problem.

I'm keen for either/both of those. Any takers?

UPDATE: Just went to confirm with them and they don't have ESPN so no FA Cup. Looks like the next game is Arsenal on Sat 8th.

Edited by Steve Maunsell

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I havn't been on here in ages... I live in Woden and I'm Interested in watching the Lpool games or even just catching up (if a club has been formed) and talking over Lpool progress... were we all become managers for an hour or so and say what way we would do it.... That's what we done in Ireland in my old supporters club back home. In my eyes the biggest match of the season is on this Saturday. Liverpool V's Arsenal. I hope to hear from somebdy

YNWA

Hi a friend of mine has recently been elected Australia's Liverpool Football Club fan support president (or something like that - what do I know, I'm a girl!) - I am sure he'd be happy to look into whether there is any sort of focal point for fans in the ACT - drop him an email Matthew@e-football.com.au and hopefully he'll be able to point you in the right direction. I'll send him a message about this thread anyway and hopefully he'll drop in and reply!

Hi Guys, I will see if I can get a pass out from my Good Lady on Saturday night to wqatch LFC v Arsenal. It will be agreat game. I will keep you posted. I would suggets The Lakes Gungahlin as a good spot to watch it as its open until 4am. Unless anyone else has a venue they can recommend?

YNWA

Breezer

• 3 weeks later...

On the lpool website it says for starting up an official supporters club these are some of the requirements

Official LFC Supporters Clubs must not be run for personal financial gain.

 The Supporters Club Branch must have a minimum of 50 Branch members.

 A minimum of 15 Branch Members must also be LFC Official Membership holders. For more information please go to: http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/membership/benefits/join-now

It's a bit disappointing because I don't think we can muster up 50 members.

Hi all this thread has just caught my eye, I did just start a similar thread before I saw this one. I am not a Liverpool fan as such (Palace 'till i die, i'm afraid lol) but I do like to watch all the English teams play as much as I can (kind of reminds me of home a bit i guess) .....admittedly though I did support Liverpool during their recent tour to Australia last year as I see that they are doing a lot internationally to represent English Football which I like a lot! :-)

I'm not sure if you guys have managed to organize a bar or anything to watch some games? but if you have I would definitely be interested in adding to your numbers and watch a few games with you all if I am welcome? ....maybe as an honoury supporter or something :-P

Give it a go, you may be surprised how many of us there are out here

QUOTE=flumpsmcgrath;1936456826]On the lpool website it says for starting up an official supporters club these are some of the requirements

Official LFC Supporters Clubs must not be run for personal financial gain.

 The Supporters Club Branch must have a minimum of 50 Branch members.

 A minimum of 15 Branch Members must also be LFC Official Membership holders. For more information please go to: www.liverpoolfc.tv/membership/benefits/join-now

It's a bit disappointing because I don't think we can muster up 50 members.

Here's an updated fixtures list for the rest of the season. There's been a couple of changes.

Red is when I have my boy so I'm unable to make it. Feel free to get together without me - United this Sunday would be a great game. I'm keen to watch any game, even Cardiff in a coupla weeks. Anyone interested, let me know.

The Lakes in Gungahlin seems to be a good venue. They responded quickly to let me know about opening hours & TVs etc. I still haven't head from the Labor Club in a couple of months!

Now we have a Palace supporter interested the game on Sat 3rd/Sun 4th of May would be good to watch.....maybe not for Mathix ;)

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Day

[/TD]

[TD]Date

[/TD]

[TD]Kick Off

[/TD]

[TD]Competition

[/TD]

[TD]Opposition

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sun

[/TD]

[TD]16/3/14

[/TD]

[TD]0200

[/TD]

[TD]EPL

[/TD]

[TD]Manchester United (A)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sun[/TD]

[TD]23/3/14[/TD]

[TD]0200[/TD]

[TD]EPL[/TD]

[TD]Cardiff (A)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Thur

[/TD]

[TD]27/3/14

[/TD]

[TD]0700

[/TD]

[TD]EPL

[/TD]

[TD]Sunderland (H)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Mon

[/TD]

[TD]31/3/14

[/TD]

[TD]0200

[/TD]

[TD]EPL

[/TD]

[TD]Tottenham (H)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Mon[/TD]

[TD]7/4/14[/TD]

[TD]0100[/TD]

[TD]EPL[/TD]

[TD]West Ham (A)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sun

[/TD]

[TD]13/4/14

[/TD]

[TD]0000

[/TD]

[TD]EPL

[/TD]

[TD]Manchester City (H)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sun[/TD]

[TD]20/4/14[/TD]

[TD]2100[/TD]

[TD]EPL[/TD]

[TD]Norwich (A)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sun

[/TD]

[TD]27/4/14

[/TD]

[TD]2305[/TD]

[TD]EPL

[/TD]

[TD]Chelsea (H)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sun[/TD]

[TD]4/5/14[/TD]

[TD]0000[/TD]

[TD]EPL[/TD]

[TD]Crystal Palace (A)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Mon

[/TD]

[TD]12/5/14

[/TD]

[TD]0000

[/TD]

[TD]EPL

[/TD]

[TD]Newcastle (H)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Mon

[/TD]

[TD]28/7/14 tbc

[/TD]

[TD]??

[/TD]

[TD]Friendly

[/TD]

[TD]Crystal Palace (H)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Thur

[/TD]

[TD]31/7/14 tbc

[/TD]

[TD]??

[/TD]

[TD]Friendly[/TD]

[TD]Manchester City (H)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sun

[/TD]

[TD]3/8/14 tbc

[/TD]

[TD]??

[/TD]

[TD]Friendly

[/TD]

[TD]AC Milan

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by Steve Maunsell

Haha maybe not a good game to watch for me.. but it will still be good to come and sink a couple over the game all the same! :-)

the fixtures look good Liverpool have some big games coming up (palace mainly lol) you've got Man city n Chelsea which i think would be great to watch plus a few others I would like to see if there is anyone else going, do you guys watch every game together or do you just go to certain ones?

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the Arsenal v Man City game live on Foxtel, great game and great result for Liverpool providing they can beat Spurs this evening.

Must get together for the Liverpool v Chelsea and City games - anyone got any suggestions?

Hi Guys, life has been hectic for me of late. Finally bought our first home here in ACT. Move in this weekend.

I'm up for watching the City and Chelsea games, subject to family commitments and work as some games are shown early Monday morning. Maybe a little closer to the game I can confirm this.

How would The Gungahlin Lakes suit everyone? Its usually open until 0400hrs.

Great result beating Spurs 4-0. Top of the EPL. Maybe, just maybe.....

Cheers

Hi all! I'm not an expat or anything.

Just a Liverpool supporting Uni student. Me and a friend have both been looking for places

to watch the run-in matches, as all ours are on Sunday nights from now on.

Would be keen to get together with a bunch of people wherever possible. I'm based at Uni in Bruce but could possibly travel.

Until now have just been streaming but would much prefer a larger group, particularly for City and Chelsea games.

Update; a bunch of supporters are gathering at the Hellenic Club in Woden on Sunday night to watch us play City and maybe have a few beers.

We have a facebook group that I can add people to if you want, as there is an event created on there with more information.