RSMS 857 visa issues

Guest wearytraveller

That's what I found on google. In clause 857.212(1) they said that we can't apply while holding student visa.. And my owner said to me the same thing that tomorrow he is going to take over my lawyer and he will make change in my file.... I'm not sure what will happen with me..

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I found on google. In clause 857.212(1) they said that we can't apply while holding student visa.. And my owner said to me the same thing that tomorrow he is going to take over my lawyer and he will make change in my file.... I'm not sure what will happen with me..

I don't see what part of the goobledygook above says that this is about not being able to apply for the RSMS visa whilst on a student visa. The explanatory notes, suggest it is a change to do with New Zealand citizens.

Thanks for reply rupert. Change means that he will request to immi to change my file status from onshore to offshore bcos it is not only me in my company we have 6 more case same as me on which behalf my owner is going to take over my lawyer... Thanks

Thanks for reply rupert. Change means that he will request to immi to change my file status from onshore to offshore bcos it is not only me in my company we have 6 more case same as me on which behalf my owner is going to take over my lawyer... Thanks

Are you actually reading any of these replies? That change is nothing to do with student visas, it is to do with New Zealand citizens. Even if it were something to do with students, what is your "owner taking over as your lawyer" going to do?

Hi all. Last night I spoke with my owner and he ask me fill and sign the form no. 424c and 1022 and said that tomorrow he is going to immi office to change my visa subclass from 857 (onshore)to 857/119(offshore). Bcos he doesn't want that next 6 employes including me won't get rejected with their visas. Is it possible to do so. I'm not sure. If anyone knows about this then please let me know. Thanks

Yes, and your employer didn't know about that, and nobody would expect him to. But your agent is being paid to know. You need to be questioning your agent about all these things. If they are mara registered you may have cause for complaint. Whatever you end up doing, his mistake will most likely end up costing you money.

• 2 months later...

yes he is. but i spoke to immi regarding this , they said that mara is a different association then them. They said it is not going to worth for me if i do complaint bcos that will only help me to penalized that agent but nothing going to change in my decision.

This is true, but you might be able to claim back some of your costs from him. He told you that you were eligable. He charged you money for his service and all of that money is wasted. If you are going to apply again then why should you have to pay again? Definatly complain to mara.

Did you find out any more details on that clause?

yes i already asked money what ever he charged and already got back. yes i spoke to my case officer regarding this and he said that is just bcos of my study was continued at the time of lodgement it had been refused. but my case officer approved my nomination as i know it is my boss part but still it is with my name and he said it is valid for six months. as now my student visa finished on 15th march on same day i have applied 457 bcos my boss already got SBS approval from immi. is it possible to apply another rsms after 457 approval. and if apply new rsms i need to fulfill new immi policies . as i know i dont have 6 in ielts neither TRA. so to apply do i need both or just 6 in ielts enough. thanks