Shipping a dog from Belfast to Perth, WA

Guest sammyjmc

Guest sammyjmc

Hi Everyone,

We're moving out to Perth on 1st July, a friend of ours was going to look after our German Shepherd for a few months then ship him out to us once we we're settled but has now pulled out and we're now left looking at our options for him.

Firstly, i'm not sure where to start looking. Does anyone know of any shipping companies in Northern Ireland who ship pets? Or does anyone know of any decent kennels who would have him for a few weeks/months and then ship.

Secondly, does anyone know what the procedure is for shipping pets and where do I start?

Thanks in advance for your help, any advice would be appreciated

visa applied:03/06/11, medicals:20/07/11, visa (176) granted: 03/08/11, Flights booked:01/07/12

Dear SammyJMC

We can help with advice or plans, whatever you prefer.

Really quickly, you need to get your dog a rabies vaccination and then rabies blood sample, your vet in Northern Ireland can do the rabies work. We can then book a flight from Heathrow to Australia - if you need to, we can board him while we do the final blood samples within 30 days of the flight and then fly him over. There really are many options here.

FYI - flight ticket and crate will be around £3200 plus any costs for vet fees/boarding/quarantine as you need.

You are very welcome to give me a call and we can chat through this really easily.

Bob