Joiner/Carpenter Salary

pauline

Guest simmo50

would like to know this myself as we head to perth in august, been looking around on different sites and get a rough guide of $35-$40 per hour, a 40 hr week would be about $1600 tops times 50 weeks equals £85k

im hoping this is easily achievable. i think this is working as a subby

i reckon if you worked for a company it would be nearer the $65k mark

please let us know if this sounds about right someone!!!!

would like to know this myself as we head to perth in august, been looking around on different sites and get a rough guide of $35-$40 per hour, a 40 hr week would be about $1600 tops times 50 weeks equals £85k

im hoping this is easily achievable. i think this is working as a subby

i reckon if you worked for a company it would be nearer the $65k mark

please let us know if this sounds about right someone!!!!

Hi simmo

My OH worked sub contracting in shopfitting , kitchen fitting and some other projects and got between 30 to 40 dollars an hour. He spent a bit in fuel travelling and when working in Perth those car parks can be expensive.

When subcontracting you will need to spend some on public liability insurance too, shop around for the best deal.

Hope that helps

Sam

• 1 month later...

yep average wage would be around 35 to 40 an hour but i wouldnt bank on 50 weeks per year, when they break up for xmas some companies could be quiet until end Jan thats what we have found since we came over. also if you are self employed then the bank holidays you would be off and not paid for them. Best bet is to contact likes of employment agencies to ask advice