Health & safety qualifications

Guest cannon family

Guest cannon family

Can anybody tell me if NEBOSH Occupational health and safety qualifications are recognised in Oz ?? :err:Or has anyone had any experience in the health and safety job market out there??

Are there any qualifications in oh&s worth getting before i come out?

thanks Dez.

Can anybody tell me if NEBOSH Occupational health and safety qualifications are recognised in Oz ?? :err:Or has anyone had any experience in the health and safety job market out there??

Are there any qualifications in oh&s worth getting before i come out?

thanks Dez.

Don't know what NEBOSH is but it might be recognised if its a nationally recognised qual in UK???

Each state will be different. Employers in QLD with 30+ employees must have a WHSO (workplace health and safety officer?). This person is often a foreman or someone like that who has undergone some OH&S training pertaining to the OH&S regulation and Act. I haven't done it but it seems that its all about understanding the act and following the regulation including risk assessments etc.

I did the NSW workcover course on OH&S for managers and supervisors (which basically as I recall informs at to what point you're liable to go to jail... always nice to know :)). Google Workcover. These courses are relatively short courses not really intended for OH&S professionals.

I worked with a guy recently (QLD) who worked as an OH&S professional and he carried some sort of photo license but didn't actually see it properly so can't tell you much more about it. There won't be too many of those type of jobs around... high risk industry to the environment... his main duty was to keep the EPA at bay.

I've got a friend who worked for the EPA (environmental protection agency) some years ago. Many of these people have science degrees and masters as a matter of course and they aren't necessarily industry focussed (google EPA).

As for getting quals before coming out? Don't know, sorry. You might consider doing your construction blue card if coming to QLD... its a very basic course which is required to allow you to enter construction building sites. Its intended mainly I think as an awareness course for school leavers and migrants from non-safety conscious countries. BlueDog Training do blues cards.

Sorry really don't know if this is much help other than background info?

Guest theweekshousehold

Hi

Just looking at a course in OH&S and logged onto this site and this was the top message how weird

I have only just arrived in Oz and have 3 small children who are not in school yet. I was looking at doing a distance learning course a Certificate AV in OH&S.

I have not worked in the industry but worked at Vodafone for a few yrs which was all into setting up procedures for lots of things.

Is this course worth doing will it be recognized in the workplace, any advice please feel free, what money can you command if completed this course,,,,,,,,

Thanks

Sara

Archived