How much are our cockers going to cost us

Hi

been pointed your way. We are at a real early stage of moving but we are starting to put a budget together for the move. It would be great if you could give us an approx price for getting them out there. They are small cockers (approx 10-12kg). At the moment we are favouring a joint crate with a separating wall to give the nervous one some reassurance. We understand it would be based on today's price and will change but it gives us some idea. If you could include approx costs for quarantine it would be great.

Thanks

Hi and welcome

I bought my dog out here three years ago, and the full cost of everything was 3and a half thousand. It doesnt matter on the size of the dogs, they are all classed as the same. Get in touch with petairs, most people I know have used them. They where wonderful did everything we wamted. Hope this helps

Anita

I'm afraid it DOES matter on the size of the dog for shipping, because they charge per volume on the planes, so whoever gave you that information was wrong I'm afraid. The charge for Quarantine is the same though, maybe that's where you're getting confused.

(I know this because Satch came out and cost a lot more than another friend's Jack Russell)

I also found the easiest way to get quotes was to call up :)

I'm afraid it DOES matter on the size of the dog for shipping, because they charge per volume on the planes, so whoever gave you that information was wrong I'm afraid. The charge for Quarantine is the same though, maybe that's where you're getting confused.

(I know this because Satch came out and cost a lot more than another friend's Jack Russell)

I also found the easiest way to get quotes was to call up :)

Hi sorry to hear that but when we came out in 2009 it cost our friends who have a yorkshire terrier the same amount, as us and we have an America bull dog x boxer. We also got told u can,t bring boxers x and that was wrong as we did. Things might have changed but with everyone I have spoken to in the past we have all paid 7000 dollars weather its a small dog or a big dog :)

:biggrin:

My bitch is about 6-7kg and will cost us £995 to ship out, and then a further £800 or so in kennel fees. That's without vet fees though, which I expect to cost up to another £200 at least.

With the quotes, you're asked to give very specific information such as height, measurements, and weight, so I very strongly doubt that all dogs are the same cost no matter what the size. I'm sure that someone with a Newfoundland would find it more expensive than someone with a Chihuahua.

Also, Boxers aren't too bad but some companies are hesitant to ship braco breeds (snub-nosed) because they can find it difficult to breath in warmer conditions, so may cost more insurance-wise. This is what I've read and researched, anyway!

As a groomer I would really recommend you get your Cockers clipped off before you go (including ears) as it'll be very hot over there and in kennels they may become matted. My Schnauzer will end up beardless (blasphemous in the Schnauzer world!) but if it means she isn't being bothered by matts or knots when she comes home then it's a risk I'll take.

As a groomer I would really recommend you get your Cockers clipped off before you go (including ears) as it'll be very hot over there and in kennels they may become matted. My Schnauzer will end up beardless (blasphemous in the Schnauzer world!) but if it means she isn't being bothered by matts or knots when she comes home then it's a risk I'll take.

Agree with you there, Riley goes like a sheep when his hair is long. Cleo is a lot sleeker and straight hair.

Kathleen and Craig

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes the cost is affected by the volume of the crate needed, so the bigger the dog the more it costs.

If you email me on bob at petairuk dot com then i can do you a good quote today - can you include number and names of dogs, sizes (heights to top of head and length from tip of nose to base of tail (dont include the tail) and your location in UK, and i will get you a quote so you can do budgeting over this weekend.

Thanks

Bob

Guest GlennNatt

Hi K&C, just to let you know that i contacted Petair last week with regards bringing over our rather large 1 year old Newfoundland. He is 10 stone in weight with the body to match as you can imagine and for their Gold package they quoted us £5200, that was with quarantine though and a second flight to Brisbane!!! i don't think any dog would cost much than our boy, hope it helps a bit for ya!!

Glenn