I love yorkshire...

Splash77

Guest Guest 47403

I wasn't born in Yorkshire but love the place and have lived here for a few years now, nice youtube clip Julie Bradbury :Randy-git: would I ever :yes:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this then ......my day yesterday

5am start Brum to bolton .....bolton to altincham ( cheshire ) .....quick check of the satnav .....altrincham to derby via the dales ( buxton, matlock and bakewell ) .....derby to nottingham .

i could wax lyrical , but i would be lying ......most of it was spent on overcrowded roads ......peak district is ok .....but i wouldnt rave about it .......on a positive note i like Nottingham as a city ....and efforts are being made in derby .

p.s iam up in sheffield tomorrow at united for the f,a cup game .

Some parts of yorkshire are beautiful , especially north yorkshire , beverley is nice .....but some of its bloody ropey ......like everywhere else on the M1 -M6 corridor .......most of the beauty in England is south of Birmingham

And what may I ask is wrong with the Peak District:tongue::biggrin:. Now I'm offended. Not that I'm from there but my sister lives there and it's gorgeous.

Guest tterrier81

im originally from huddersfield, worked in the dales, at aysgarth and buckden, beautiful place and amazing sense of community which australia is lacking, my fav place i have ever lived though is york, if we ever made the silly decision to move back to uk then the only place i would live is york

I'm from Yourkshire and love it, but its not what it was, and I want to remember it how it used to be.

Too far gone now thanks to Blair, Brown and Harman.

Sorry cant agree on that one, one word....."THATCHER" ...she ruined our community's and closed all our pits...

Guest GoldCoastMag

Snap. Except I have never been back

Went back for 3 weeks in 92 after 22 years away, and couldn't get back here quick enough, now been away for 42 years and never want to return again.

Guest guest57588
Yes, Yorkshire is lovely..................spot the hill in the distance and guess where the missus is standing........sorry about quality......scans of mouldy prints

ffdf040.jpg

And where she's standing here:

underfall.jpg

Cracking pics both of them. Second one reminds me a bit of Malam, but I'm pretty sure it's not....I give up!

Guest The Pom Queen
Cracking pics both of them. Second one reminds me a bit of Malam, but I'm pretty sure it's not....I give up!

Agree, don't think it's Malham could it be one near the 3 peaks, Force Gill?

Sorry cant agree on that one, one word....."THATCHER" ...she ruined our community's and closed all our pits...

Wasn't it the APATHY of the british voters, or non voters, who allowed successive governments to bring the UK to its knees??

Blaming 1 person isn't quite de rigueur when most governments have contributed.

Cheers, Bobj.

Yes, Yorkshire is lovely..................spot the hill in the distance and guess where the missus is standing........sorry about quality......scans of mouldy prints

ffdf040.jpg

And where she's standing here:

underfall.jpg

"Ey oop...The first piccy is the clints and grykes above Crina Bottom, and the second is at Thornton Force on the Greta River.

Guess what?? My cousin owned this place, Crina Bottom:

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/156033

We used to stay there almost every Easter and Bank Holidays.A famous scientist wanted to buy it during WWII so he could get on with experimenting on secret projects to aid in the war effort.

Cheers, Bobj.

I reckon some would say that it was Scargill who closed your pits

your right ...some people do blame scargill ( or king arthur as he's known in our house )... but you need to read up on your history and learn about the devastation she caused, which still lingers on in these community's today....

And you've got your photos mixed up too! That was your missus walking in the Tassie high country :wink:

your right ...some people do blame scargill ( or king arthur as he's known in our house )... but you need to read up on your history and learn about the devastation she caused, which still lingers on in these community's today....

I don't need to read up on anything actually.................I said, "some people" not me.

"Ey oop...The first piccy is the clints and grykes above Crina Bottom, and the second is at Thornton Force on the Greta River.

Guess what?? My cousin owned this place, Crina Bottom:

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/156033

We used to stay there almost every Easter and Bank Holidays.A famous scientist wanted to buy it during WWII so he could get on with experimenting on secret projects to aid in the war effort.

Cheers, Bobj.

Ecky thump Bob, not like you to get one wrong. Yep, it's Thornton force but with Penyghent in the background facing t'other way, yous on t'other side of it........ya got the wrong clints and grykes..............it's the limestone pavement above............???????????

Passed that farmhouse many a time also

Guess this one..............clue...................sitting on a gold mine.

moneytree.jpg

Ecky thump Bob, not like you to get one wrong. Yep, it's Thornton force but with Penyghent in the background facing t'other way, yous on t'other side of it........ya got the wrong clints and grykes..............it's the limestone pavement above............???????????

Passed that farmhouse many a time also

Guess this one..............clue...................sitting on a gold mine.

moneytree.jpg

Is she, indeed!:wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

PS Penyghent...No wonder I couldn't see my hawthorn tree.:arghh: