Partner Visa 2nd stage (Onshore)- docs sent - let the wait begin!

Qflyer

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my paperwork yesterday (I applied 22 Feb 2011).

Seems pretty straightforward:

1) certified copies of passports for sponsor and applicant if they've changed since original application.

2) police check for applicant of any country they've lived in for more than 12months since 1st stage grant (i.e. Australia for me) - If there are dependants under 18 then sponsor would need a check too, and any dependants over 18 would also need one.

3) stat decs from sponsor and applicant

4) stat decs from two Australian citizens/PR with certified copies of their passports - This seems to be new, I had heard previously that they just asked for contact details of two witnesses.

5) fill out the enclosed form - very short, mainly details of things like any travel since first stage grant, any close relatives resident in Australia, etc.

I have 60days to respond to the letter.

I just received my paperwork yesterday (I applied 22 Feb 2011).

Seems pretty straightforward:

...4) stat decs from two Australian citizens/PR with certified copies of their passports - This seems to be new, I had heard previously that they just asked for contact details of two witnesses.

Yes, I had to do this too. It is really awkward asking people to provide certified copies of their passports or birth certificates.

Guest GeorgeD

Yes, the stat decs look new. I only had to give contact details, as did two other people I know. None of our witnesses were contacted.

I wonder if it is different for 309 vs 820 original applications? My two friends and I were all offshore applicants originally.

• 1 month later...

hey,

in reference to stat decs.....are these just random unofficial letters written by people who know you stating they are aware of your relationship...or...is a stat dec an official, standard form that the person who knows you fills in????

• 1 month later...
Yes, the stat decs look new. I only had to give contact details, as did two other people I know. None of our witnesses were contacted.

I wonder if it is different for 309 vs 820 original applications? My two friends and I were all offshore applicants originally.

The paperwork for my OH subclass 100 visa, which he received in Jan 2013, only asked for stat decs from him (applicant) and me (sponsor) and contact details for two Australian citizens.

We posted the application to the Brisbane office (they supplied an addressed envelope). We got the acknowledgement card back in the post on the 4th March, just waiting to hear back from them... but officially they said 6-8 months processing time.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got mine in the post, it was granted 5 weeks after eligibility date. Melbourne processing centre. Seems like they must have cleared a backlog, either that or they're fast-tracking the clear-cut cases (we're now married and we'd just bought a house prior to submitting second stage documents).

Just got mine in the post, it was granted 5 weeks after eligibility date. Melbourne processing centre. Seems like they must have cleared a backlog, either that or they're fast-tracking the clear-cut cases (we're now married and we'd just bought a house prior to submitting second stage documents).

Congratulations! :hug:

• 2 weeks later...

My husband was granted his Temporary Partner Visa in Nov of 2011. We had planned to move to Australia in Feb 2012 but kept pushing it back and we are still here in Ireland, though we finally have our tickets booked to fly out in June. The paperwork arrived for the Second Stage Visa last week. It was sent to my mum and dad's (which is fine, that's our contact address in Australia) and they sent it on to us here in Ireland. Will it matter at all that we haven't moved yet? By the time the visa is granted we will have. Hubby validated his visa at the start of last year.

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted for a while but I just wanted to add our timeline details in case it might be useful.

OH's eligibility date was 13/04/2013. Two months prior to this he received a letter from DIAC asking him to complete some forms (stat decs) and submit a new police check. We submitted these in the first week of April along with the self-addressed proof of receipt card, which was returned to us in the mail a week or two later. We were very surprised to receive the visa grant letter mid-May, only one month after his eligibility date, especially as the original letter from DIAC said not to contact them to check on the progress until at least 6 months had passed!

Hi guys, I am on second stage of partner visa provision time and I would be eligible for permanent partner visa in about 6 months now.

I arrived in Australia in September 2012 and am living with my husband since then in Sydney.My husband is an Australian citizen who works and studies here in Sydney.

Recently I've got a job offer from Queensland , very interested to accept it due to its high salary and the position itself.

It’s a full-time job and unfortunately my husband could not relocate with me but encouraged me to accept the opportunity. so , sadly we will have a 6 months period of living apart .

my question is If I accept the job and move to Queensland without my husband , travel back to Sydney each weekend and keep all of my flight details and telephone records , how this situation could affect my PR status ? could our relationship be considered as not genuine and continuing ? i am very concerned and really need advice to decide whether I should accept the job and move to Queensland without my husband or not.

i am very concerned and really need advice to decide whether I should accept the job and move to Queensland without my husband or not.

Sadly, we can't give that advice. You'd need to speak to a migration agent and/or DIAC. Remember, though, that the primary purpose of your temporary partner visa is to allow you to live in Australia with your husband, not to allow you to work in lucrative employment in Australia. Whether or not being together at weekends would be seen as sufficient evidence of living together, or whether taking a job in Qld would be seen as sufficient grounds for you to live apart is not a judgement I would like to predict.

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I'd add our info to this thread for completion.

Our 2 year mark from initial 309/100 application is late September and we received our paperwork for the 2nd stage application about a week ago.

They've asked for the following:

1) Stat decs from myself and my OH about our relationship

2) Details of any changes if applicable (marriage, children, name change, new passport etc)

3) Australian police certificate

4) Overseas police certificates if lived overseas for 12 months or more since application (not applicable to us)

5) Certified copies of both of our passports

So far it looks far simpler than the first stage application which is a bit of a relief as it took so long to get all of the support together for that one!

Of course, there's always a chance they could turn round and ask for more support once we've lodged the initial paperwork but will keep you updated on that one.

Best of luck to everyone who's waiting :biggrin:

• 5 months later...

Hi llessur,

It's been around 6 months since your last posted here .I guess your PR's already granted ....so congrats !

have you asked to provide stat decs from two Citizen or PR residents ? have you ever been contacted by your case officer for further documents?

I've just received a letter and they only asked for stat decs from my husband and myself , Police cert and evidence of any changes plus certified copies of passports.

thanks

Hi llessur,

It's been around 6 months since your last posted here .I guess your PR's already granted ....so congrats !

have you asked to provide stat decs from two Citizen or PR residents ? have you ever been contacted by your case officer for further documents?

I've just received a letter and they only asked for stat decs from my husband and myself , Police cert and evidence of any changes plus certified copies of passports.

thanks

Hey Betty,

It has indeed - I think it took about 2.5 months from submitting the second stage paperwork to the PR being granted.

I had absolutely no contact with a case officer - all they asked for was the same as you, stat decs from me and my partner (careful with those as the forms are slightly different for the applicant and the partner - we didn't notice but luck was on our side and we has filled them out the right way round!) the police checks and a short form regarding changes etc. We didn't hear from them at all until the PR was granted.

It's an easy process compared to the first stage - was so glad we didn't have to go through all that again!

Best of luck with getting yours sorted out! :biggrin:

Hey Betty,

It has indeed - I think it took about 2.5 months from submitting the second stage paperwork to the PR being granted.

I had absolutely no contact with a case officer - all they asked for was the same as you, stat decs from me and my partner (careful with those as the forms are slightly different for the applicant and the partner - we didn't notice but luck was on our side and we has filled them out the right way round!) the police checks and a short form regarding changes etc. We didn't hear from them at all until the PR was granted.

It's an easy process compared to the first stage - was so glad we didn't have to go through all that again!

Best of luck with getting yours sorted out! :biggrin:

Thanks for your reply :) .

The Stat decs forms for the applicant and partner are different but the questions are same. aren't they?

I couldn't find any main differences... anything important that we should be aware of ?

Do you know if DIAC ever contacted your two referees to ask about you guys?

Thanks for your reply :) .

The Stat decs forms for the applicant and partner are different but the questions are same. aren't they?

I couldn't find any main differences... anything important that we should be aware of ?

Do you know if DIAC ever contacted your two referees to ask about you guys?

I think on ours the questions were slightly different - there was one extra one for the applicant from memory (but I might be wrong on that). The titles of the forms stated 'applicant' and 'partner'. I'm sure it's not a big deal but it would be annoying to fill it out the wrong way and delay the process :wink:

As far as I know none of our references were contacted at either stage of the process - think our application was fairly straightforward though.

I can't think of anything else that might crop up - the only other issue we had was that we only sent a copy of my partner's Aussie passport and not her British one too (she has dual citizenship). They asked for a copy of the British one as well which set us back a few days - just something to think about in case either of you has dual citizenship...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Guys, my wife has 309 provisional spouse visa. We want to send form 929 change of address to immi. My question is to what address do we post this form to?

Our country's Australian Embassy which processed the original application for provisional visa or or city's immi office?

It says at the immi site:

You can also advise the department by submitting a completed form relevant to your change of circumstances.

See:

Form 1022 Notification of changes in circumstances (250KB PDF file)

Form 1023 Notification of incorrect answer(s) (248KB PDF file)

It's been a while for me so the caveat is that this advice may be outdated.

However, my visa grant letter from Jan 2012 stated:

Changes to your contact details

As we will need to contact you in relation to your Partner (Residence)(Class BS) application, it is important that you tell us immediately about any changes to your contact details (addresses, telephone numbers, email address).Changes to address should be notified to DIAC by the client by calling 131 881. The change can be accepted once the client has answered identity questions.

Alternatively, you may download the change of contact form 929 from the website at http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/929.pdf and post it to the Partner (Permanent) Processing Centre Brisbane, GPO Box 9984, Brisbane, Queensland 4001, or send as an attachment by email to qld.pp.processing@immi.gov.au .

I followed the advice and emailed the 929 form to processing centre in Brisbane. However, I also emailed my original CO in London just to let her know - she replied and said she'd updated her records. Belt and braces approach. All bases covered.

In their reply the Brisbane guys also sent me a little update as to when I'd hear from them regarding the SC100 application - any update is a bonus.

If it helps I was onshore in Oz at the time my address changed.

Best of luck!

Edited by llessur