Partner Visa 2nd stage (Onshore)- docs sent - let the wait begin!

Qflyer

Hi George, they say 6-8 months from the date 2 years after your original 309 application, but I think they're running a bit early as I lodged in mid Jan 2010 originally and was granted on 7 June. I was away on holidays and didn't know about it until a couple of weeks ago, so it was a bit of an unexpected surprise!

Hope you're not waiting too much longer...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Naddy

sorry i think i sent my visa application off in april not may, and i had my visa for temp visa granted beginning of june 2010, so my perm visa took about 2 and a half months in total from when i sent it and from when the two years was up i think it would be about 4/5 weeks that perm res has been granted. must really get written confirmation

• 1 month later...
Guest GeorgeD

Has anyone had their second stage granted recentrly? And if so, when did you originally apply, and which state are you in. I'm bored with waiting for mine now!

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone had their second stage granted recentrly? And if so, when did you originally apply, and which state are you in. I'm bored with waiting for mine now!

Sounds like we submitted ours around the same time, your slightly ahead of me, so guess we are looking at earlist Christmas, lastest next March.

ive not heard form a CO or anything as yet, have you?

Recon they do them the month they are due. Ill be emailing them come late dec to ask whats happening i guess

Good luck :)

Sounds like we submitted ours around the same time, your slightly ahead of me, so guess we are looking at earlist Christmas, lastest next March.

ive not heard form a CO or anything as yet, have you?

Recon they do them the month they are due. Ill be emailing them come late dec to ask whats happening i guess

Good luck :)

A woman in my wife's work applied for her 309 just after me in June 2010, submitted her second stage paperwork 6 weeks ago and was approved last week! Brisbane office as well. Random as usual!

And no, I haven't heard from a CO or had any communication. I did call them to make sure they had received my application, and yes they had, but nothing more than that.

Edited by GeorgeD

A woman in my wife's work applied for her 309 just after me in June 2010, submitted her second stage paperwork 6 weeks ago and was approved last week! Brisbane office as well. Random as usual!

No fair !

That must have been super annoying for you, recon we are in the waiting til christmas pile then :(

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen a 2nd stage partner visa approved in the last month? Just looking for any encouraging news...but secretly expect it to be around Christmas if I'm lucky!

Man... my search skills in the forum totally suck. I created a new thread for this!

I got my 2nd stage docs last week. We applied in Nov, approved in March and activated it in May (gotta finish up work contract, pack and all!). We thought we'll be getting the docs sometime next year, until i got the documents in the mail (the envelope has no indication it was from DIAC), opened it up and got shocked - thinking i've been evicted lol until i read the full document :P

So basically, no more evidence needed? Just stat dec, police clearance, copy of passport, etc.

Guest GeorgeD
Man... my search skills in the forum totally suck. I created a new thread for this!

I got my 2nd stage docs last week. We applied in Nov, approved in March and activated it in May (gotta finish up work contract, pack and all!). We thought we'll be getting the docs sometime next year, until i got the documents in the mail (the envelope has no indication it was from DIAC), opened it up and got shocked - thinking i've been evicted lol until i read the full document :P

So basically, no more evidence needed? Just stat dec, police clearance, copy of passport, etc.

I was just about to post the link to this thread...then saw you had spotted it!

Yes, my understanding is that you only have a few bits of paper to fill in. A guy in my office went through the same process almost a year ago now and that's all he did. He doesn't even think the people he put as references were contacted. I'm still waiting (applied May 2010 originally, start of May 2012 for 2nd stage)...heard nowt so far...

Haha, yeah. So let me get this straight, the police check is just for the applicant not sponsor and no evidence needed? Just fill in the forms they've sent in the pack (i need to include my new passport, aha!), police clearance for me and stat decs from both of us?

Guest GeorgeD
Haha, yeah. So let me get this straight, the police check is just for the applicant not sponsor and no evidence needed? Just fill in the forms they've sent in the pack (i need to include my new passport, aha!), police clearance for me and stat decs from both of us?

Yup,

That's all I did...although I (the applicant) have no kids...so if the applicant did have kids then the sponsor may (I am not 100% sure) need to do a police check...for example, this is true for the first stage so it may also be true for the second. If the kids belong to both applicant and sponsor then no police check needed.

And one little update...I've been away for a gew days and a letter arrived from DIAC on Wednesday granting my SC100 Permanent Residency!

Method of notification was letter (still no email from them) so make sure they have an up to date address for you. The people I listed for stat decs about our relationship weren't contacted by DIAC. No evidence supplied or requested. Just the form, the Police Check and our stat decs,.

I'm now a Permanent Resident!

• 2 weeks later...

Also, on the 2nd Stage process, got NPC back in around 12 days, everything done and dusted, sent Express Post on Friday, received by DIAC on Monday morning, so now our waiting game commences.

Eligibility date: 14/12/12

Everything received by DIAC (Melbourne): 15/10/12

We will see how Melbourne are at processing times. Can't expect much with the eligibility date so close to Christmas of course.

Guest GeorgeD

The form they sent to me by email didn't have this request for evidence.

If the paper form ahs been misplaced or damaged, call or email them and ask them to email you a copy. That's how I got my forms...they had posted them to an old address

Anybody here submitted their application in parts? I just realised the name on the police check is wrong/different!!! Problem with chinese names...

I called DIAC twice, first one said I can send the paperwork first and when they ask for another NPC (if they are not happy with the weird name) then I'll send it in. Second lady said i need to get it fixed..

So I'm not sure which option should I go with. I will be overseas for 2 weeks the week after this, I can put in my NPC app and quickly send it off when I'm back in Melb mid Nov (with only 7 days before the 60 days deadline). Or I can just send the paperwork with the existing NPC first (and reapply for a new one now) and send the new one over when we're back.

Suggestions? Will they reject a SC100 if the name on NPC doesn't appear to be correct (typo, etc)? Or will they request for a new one.. I'm freaking out here :(

Hi all,

Hope you still remember me.

The paperwork for the 2nd stage of my Partner Visa application arrived in the mail on the 9th of Jan, almost 2 months prior to my eligibility date for PR.

As has been noted here a couple of times, the 2nd stage is relatively straightforward compared to the first stage. All I had to include were:

- Stat decs for both myself and partner

- Contact details of 2 nominees who are aware of our relationship

- Photocopy of my passport (details page and page that includes signature)

- Photocopy of my partner's passport (or driver's licence from any Australian state or territory)

- AFP clearance for myself

- And police clearance if you've been to any country for more than 12 months cumulatively since grant of the SC 820

- Form 80 (thank goodness I kept of photocopy of the last time I had to do this - sure made life easier, all I had to do was copy and update as necessary)

And that's about it! We weren't asked to provide evidence along with the stat decs - in fact they were quite clear about all documents having to fit into the A4 sized envelope supplied.

I don't expect to hear anything until at least 90 days after my eligibility date, as stated on one of the documents (though I note that the website says to wait 6-8 months). So in for a long wait... Suppose it's no big deal as I've already got all the bells and whistles like work, Medicare, travel etc on my existing visa, but I just want it all to be over haha!

Hello Qflyer

I was reading your massage at the bottom of the massage there were showing some heading with dates that you have sent documents of this date and recive aknowlagement latter on that date and got eligibility latter on that date.

well i sent my documents as well on 27/09/12 as well, and recived aknowlagement card 10/10/12 . but after that did not recived any eligibility latter only recived fourm 80 and one more reqriment that i have to send AFP again as my previous AFP not showing my middel name. no big deal i applied new AFP allready .

I really want to know that what is eligibility date and when will applicant recive this, will i recive this (eligibility latter) after submitting form 80 OR there is more forms left to fill in future.

• 2 weeks later...

Well hubby got a call from Immi on friday to ask him some questions about using 2 passports (hes duel national) and they said everything was great and id have my PR within 30 mins. Yesturday recived my letter so 5 months on the dot i got my PR :)

Guest GeorgeD
Well hubby got a call from Immi on friday to ask him some questions about using 2 passports (hes duel national) and they said everything was great and id have my PR within 30 mins. Yesturday recived my letter so 5 months on the dot i got my PR :)

Congratulations!

The second stage is really painless, but still the relief when it all comes through is immense!

Hello Qflyer

I was reading your massage at the bottom of the massage there were showing some heading with dates that you have sent documents of this date and recive aknowlagement latter on that date and got eligibility latter on that date.

well i sent my documents as well on 27/09/12 as well, and recived aknowlagement card 10/10/12 . but after that did not recived any eligibility latter only recived fourm 80 and one more reqriment that i have to send AFP again as my previous AFP not showing my middel name. no big deal i applied new AFP allready .

I really want to know that what is eligibility date and when will applicant recive this, will i recive this (eligibility latter) after submitting form 80 OR there is more forms left to fill in future.

Hi there,

Apologies for the late response as I haven't been logging in recently.

Your eligibility date is 2 years from the day you originally lodged your application for the partner visa. You will be eligible for assessment for PR from your eligibility date and processing of your 2nd stage will occur on or after this date. You don't get a letter.

Hope that helps.

And a massive congrats to all who've had their PR granted since I last posted! :)

Edited by Qflyer