Partner Visa 2nd stage (Onshore)- docs sent - let the wait begin!

Qflyer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eurasianessa

Hi! My PR was granted yesterday according to VEVO, so 7th of May. My eligibility date was the 15th of April and they received my paperwork on the 26th of February. So, from my eligibility date, it took 3 weeks for the PR to be granted. Although it doesn't necessarily make much difference in my life, I do feel relieved that the wait is over as it is quite a stressful wait regardless. Best of luck everyone!

Guest Naddy

weld one that is very god news and what a good run in terms of time and how long it took : ).

out of interest are we supposed to have verification that they received our application? I'm pretty sure i signed a form to do this i don't know , i sent it in a few weeks ago haven't herd anything so am just waiting to hear of a decision whenever they make it

Guest GeorgeD

I got my application emailed to me, so I didn't get a postcard (they only send you one with the documents via post)

I emailed them on the day my application was due, also the day the post should land with them...they (Brisbane Processing Centre) said that they were still processing mail from 3 weeks earlier and hadn't even opened mine. A bit worried by this, I phoned and was told not to worry, yes they had a backlog of 3 weeks or so (due to various holidays, Easter, Anzac day, etc) and all mail was stamped on the date received, but not opened until ready to process. They told me to wait and call back in 3 weeks to check it had arrived. I asked, but what if it didn't arrive, I'll be three weeks late then...they told me, don't worry, it'll be fine...and anyone who has ever dealt with any goverment agency anywhere in the world will know how terrifying those words are!

Guest phillis28

Hi all

So I checked VEVO yesterday (I have been checking 3+ times a day for the last 3 weeks) and my PR got granted yesterday :) Absolutely stoked :) Was a very stressful wait! Good luck everyone, hope yours all get granted soon. Here is my timeline:

January 20th - Recieved docs from DIAC

February 4th - Returned docs (Police check, 2 stat decs, copy of mine and my partners passport)

February 24th - Recieved acknowledgement card

April 21st - Eligibility date

May 17th - PR granted!!!!! (3 weeks 2 days from eligibility date)

Guest GeorgeD
Hmmmm, well I sent mine off in January and I've heard nothing back although I did receive my postcard saying it would take 6-8 months and to contact them if I hadn't heard anything after 8.

Just your luck...there are always reports of them taking a few weeks and others of the full 6-8 months. I wonder if it depends which processing centre you apply to? I applied to Brisbane on 30th April, haven't heard a peep from them.

Just your luck...there are always reports of them taking a few weeks and others of the full 6-8 months. I wonder if it depends which processing centre you apply to? I applied to Brisbane on 30th April, haven't heard a peep from them.

Yep, mine is at Brisbane as well. I expect they just divvy them up to different people when they arrive and it depends on how long people take to process them. Mine was a paper application as well and initially done through the New Zealand office. Not sure whether that makes a difference or not, they might try and process online applications quicker maybe. Who knows. :biggrin:

Guest Naddy

oh dear, i had to download application forms from my email i did fill in the post card but i have not herd anything since, i sent to melbourne office so maybe again a backlog who knows

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, I had to update some personal details with the Brisbane office so asked how the processing times were going. I didn't realise they work on them from the original lodgement date, not the date you submit your second stage info. lol.

So Brisbane Office is currently assessing applications that were lodged in January 2010 in case anyone is interested. :biggrin:

Guest GeorgeD
Ah, I had to update some personal details with the Brisbane office so asked how the processing times were going. I didn't realise they work on them from the original lodgement date, not the date you submit your second stage info. lol.

So Brisbane Office is currently assessing applications that were lodged in January 2010 in case anyone is interested. :biggrin:

That's crazy...Brisbane sent out my forms to an old address in mid Feb, giving me 60 days to reply. When I contacted them to see what I did next as I ahdn't heard from them, I was told the clock was already ticking, they emailed me the forms and I only had a few weeks to get my submission in. they gave me an extension of a week to get my forms in for end April. I originally applied at the end of May 2010...so basically they had me rushing about in a panic to get info back to them when they are, a month later, still processing submissions from four months earlier! You've got to love bureaucracy and red tape!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sweet tooth

Hi All,

Hey George D, you may remember me I was a few weeks behind you with the waiting for processing subclass 309 Visa back in 2010 and we had some discussions. I'm now up to the same stage as you all, received my documents in the post (end of April 2012) stating more information is required to process my subclass 100 permanent visa application due in 60 days for processing in Brisbane (not that there was a date on the letter mind). Due to send off my information this week so fingers crossed. It is slightly unnerving that you don't seem to have to provide much evidence unless there has been a major change in circumstance compared to stage 1 (309) processing but i assume they will ask if they need clarification on anything.

Fingers crossed for all those waiting!

Guest GeorgeD
Got my letter today and my subclass 100 visa was issued on the 14th June from the Brisbane Office:biggrin:

Congratulations! I think you said you sent yours off in Jan didn't you? 5 months? Could've been worse.

Did you need to give them any evidence other than filling in the form, and a couple of stat decs?

Congratulations! I think you said you sent yours off in Jan didn't you? 5 months? Could've been worse.

Did you need to give them any evidence other than filling in the form, and a couple of stat decs?

Yes I did, but it doesn't seem to matter when you send the second stage in, they process in order from the original (309) lodgement date. So Brisbane are now processing February 2010 lodgements.

They didn't ask for any further information from me.

Hi

can anyone tell me what the deal is with travelling on the temp visa when they are processing the second stage, mine all went in this month so ages to wait yet. But I'm off on holiday for a week in aug, am I meant to tell anyone that I'm going, and who as I don't have a co as yet? Any answers would be great, I know I can travel and don't have to even be in oz when it's granted just worried I guess :)

Guest Damian271

Hi we are jus getting the Subclass 100 paperwork ready. Just wondering if we need to refer to evidence we are submitting in the stat dec. I.e say see attachment 1,2 etc in the stat dec. Also we have not been asked for the 888s, just names of two people they can contact. Will it help speed up if we get 888s from the nominated people. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Guest GeorgeD

They don't ask for any evidence (no bills, receipts, etc), just for the applicant and sponsor to fill out two stat decs, plus the name of two other people willing to vouch for you if required. Those two can be the same or diffferent from your original application.

So you won't be referring to evidence...as you don't need to send any!

Guest GeorgeD

Little update on my timeline...I called DIAC today...just to make sure they had actually received my application. I had received the forms electronically and they don't send you the acknowledgement postcard. When I called the week after sending it in, they told me to leave it a few weeks as they hadn't opened the applications from a several weeks earlier yet!

Anyway, yes they have received my application (on 1st May), and the current processing time is 6-8 months for the Brisbane Processing Centre. The processing time starts when you become eligible for the second stage, that is, two years from your original application first time round. It doesn't matter when you got your paperwork back to them. The lady I spoke to said that for me, my processing time started on 18th May and will be 6-8 months from then. Allegedly.

Edited by GeorgeD

Hi

can anyone tell me what the deal is with travelling on the temp visa when they are processing the second stage, mine all went in this month so ages to wait yet. But I'm off on holiday for a week in aug, am I meant to tell anyone that I'm going, and who as I don't have a co as yet? Any answers would be great, I know I can travel and don't have to even be in oz when it's granted just worried I guess :)

All good to travel but you need to let them know. I sent them an email and got a response back a couple of days later to confirm that they've noted my travel dates on my file.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Naddy

hi all just letting you know i received a letter yesterday( 1oth july) from medicare informing methat immi had informed them that i have been granted permanent residency and they will be sending me a new card woohoo.

Now funny thing is i have not herd one thing, no return of acknowledgement card, emails or phone calls or paper mail from immigration since i sent in my application 25th may . how bizarre, hay ho for medicare : ) i might just ring immi to get some kind of written confirmation