Do Ozzies really think like this?

thewebweazel

I completely agree. For me political correctness is just another term for good manners, respect and sensitivity. My awareness of the term really came in the 1980's when established casually racist and sexist views started to be discredited for what they were - offensive, divisive and rooted in the past. It meant that society at large (although by no means everyone) reached some kind of consensus as to what was appropriate in terms of the kind of language people were expected to use. Society having those kinds of expectations of it's citizens was never going to stop them holding prejudices, but it did send out a warning that voicing those prejudices wouldn't go unchallenged.

Very well put!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest57588
yeah mate, sorry, been busy at work: setting up a crisis line for Aussie battlers disenfranchised by asylum seekers taking over their moral high ground.

Seriously though, that is no way to refer to us 'Ambivalents'

:biglaugh:

Guest guest57588
yeah mate, sorry, been busy at work: setting up a crisis line for Aussie battlers disenfranchised by asylum seekers taking over their moral high ground.

"They come over here with their culture and cuisine, speaking in foreign and parking their BMWs on our moral high ground......" :mad: