You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

rockola57

Rip off Britain V Rip off OZ!

Well when i was back in 'Ole Blighty "Rip Off Britain "was an oft used phrase!However,it has not escaped my attention that the Aussies are just as adept at this phenomenon as anything experienced in the UK !In fact,i would go as far as to say they have taken it to a new level!D'ost thou concur?:swoon::wink::wink:

Guest sh7t man no way

both countrys are basically the same rocky--given the chance they both will rip you off--its down to the individual to be aware of this--greed is the guilty party in this

Rocks, have you been buying paint at Bunnings again???

Well when i was back in 'Ole Blighty "Rip Off Britain "was an oft used phrase!However,it has not escaped my attention that the Aussies are just as adept at this phenomenon as anything experienced in the UK !In fact,i would go as far as to say they have taken it to a new level!D'ost thou concur?:swoon::wink::wink:

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

Guest GeorgeD

We did recently, at Bunnings. And the new Masters place in Wynnum, and also a local paint manufacturer's place. It's still sore to sit down...

You bought a 4L tin of paint then?

We did recently, at Bunnings. And the new Masters place in Wynnum, and also a local paint manufacturer's place. It's still sore to sit down...

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

Guest GeorgeD
You bought a 4L tin of paint then?

Yes. Black (for wooden beams) Ouch.

10L tins of Dulux white were also around $150...compared to 25GBP today on the B&Q website for 10L of Dulux white paint. It doesn't even go on very well...took us more than one of these for one bedroom.

Did I say Ouch?

Guest Guest26012

The lady in the cafe didn't draw a heart on my latte today!! I feel totally ripped off!

Flea my good mate!Don't even get to going there!:elvis:They are "avin a laff"ere!B&Q 10 quid for ten litres of Good Crown Emulsion!Bunnings 60 dollars upwards for 4 litres of decent emulsion!:cry: Why oh why?Are we gettin' :Randy-git:!

Mate, I doth concur. Quick example for you. 'gourmet' pies at local 'supermarket' today. You know, the size of a pukka pie. $4. And get this, there were some reduced ones, ie getting on a bit, 'quick sale still fresh', 10% off.:twitcy:

My Brain Hurts!

Ah, but you have more free family events (well we went to a few when we visited Melbourne) and you don't have to pay an arm and leg for parking when you get there. We had to fork out £108 for a one day family visit to Warwick Castle, including the dungeons and Merlin tower.

Add £17 for lunch (didn't get organised in time to take a picnic which we usually do) and £8.00 for parking - bargain. It also tipped it down all day, so we didn't get to see any of the outdoor events.

Mate, I doth concur. Quick example for you. 'gourmet' pies at local 'supermarket' today. You know, the size of a pukka pie. $4. And get this, there were some reduced ones, ie getting on a bit, 'quick sale still fresh', 10% off.:twitcy:
:notworthy:Pies n food !:shocked:Jeehayzus H!Local store by us sellin' so called near to sell by date bread etc,and it's actually out of date!Even the use by date as well!:err: Stale old shyte yer wouldn't even give to the pet rat,and the cheeky sh..heads reduce the price by 10%!The only reason i like it here in OZ is because yer dont have to wait long before another hoowinker tries to have you off,and that in turn opens the door for me to have a good moan!It is our duty to the Sovereignty to uphold the tradition as Whinging Poms!

:notworthy:Pies n food !:shocked:Jeehayzus H!Local store by us sellin' so called near to sell by date bread etc,and it's actually out of date!Even the use by date as well!:err: Stale old shyte yer wouldn't even give to the pet rat,and the cheeky sh..heads reduce the price by 10%!The only reason i like it here in OZ is because yer dont have to wait long before another hoowinker tries to have you off,and that in turn opens the door for me to have a good moan!It is our duty to the Sovereignty to uphold the tradition as Whinging Poms!

:biglaugh:. It's endemic in the retail culture. Shaft the consumer whenever possible.

Nowt wrong with a good old whinge. Doesn't mean you don't like living here, just there's certain things are slightly ridiculous....

My Brain Hurts!