Rachael R

Coming over to Fairview

We are coming over to validate our visa in March and we are staying in Fairvew. Can anyone tell me what it is like and if there are things to do close by or there? we have got four kids so need to keep them happy.:biggrin:

Guest Pixie10

Hi Rachael, sorry cant help much as not sure were fairview is! Only been here 2 weeks ourselves and we are in the Warradale/Oakland Park area which is fantastic! But just wanted to say the city is great- parks everywhere and a zoo and of course the beautiful River Torrens. Also Glenelg Jetty rd and Brighton jetty rd areas are lovely with lots to do and beaches are gorgeous. There are dolphin cruises/wine tours etc. Why not have a look at google maps strret image, also google adelaide tourist board and check out Poms in Adelaide website.

Goodluck x

Hi Rachael - do you mean Fairview Park? Just up the road from us in Highbury and a really nice area. In fact, when we first arrived, Fairview Park was the primary school we liked best but we couldn't find any good rentals nearby so ended up buying in Highbury instead!

Close by to there are the big shopping mall at Tea Tree Plaza which has everything you could possibly want, including the O-Bahn stop which is great for getting into the city and out quickly, plus more shops at Golden Grove - which also has indoor pool, skate park, etc; a great open air swimming pool complex at Ridgehaven; great British pub at Tea Tree Gully - the Fox n Firkin; good sports clubs and gyms nearby including soccer, tennis, gymnastics etc etc (a good site to look at is http://www.northeast.net.au); great indian restaurant near the Fox n Firkin (Ruby Raja) and good (although quite pricey) chinese opposite the Tea Tree Gully hotel; fantastic library opposite Tea Tree Plaza for free internet access if you need it; nice golf course at Fairview Park; lots of good local primary schools and high schools; some of the best food supermarkets in Adelaide (Coles, St Agnes and Foodland, Surrey Downs); the Barossa within about 30 minutes drive; Semaphore beach within about 40 minutes drive; Cudlee Creek Wildlife Park about 20 minutes drive as well to go cuddle a koala and feed some 'roos; Morialta Waterfalls and park about 20 mins drive away; ummm..... that kind of thing anyway!!

Hi Rachael,

We have just moved to Adelaide from the uk on 12th jan so its all pretty new to us too.

We are living in hope valley which is only 15 mins away from fairview. I did go up that way few days ago, chicken was on offer in foodland lol, nice shopping centre there, but like Diane say tea tree gully is huge and has just about everything there.

How old are your kids? We have Callum 13, Ella nearly 9 and Aliyah is 15 months.

Maybe we could meet up when you get here and get settled.

I'll pm my email and mobile so that if you want too you can get in touch.

Kelly x

TRA lodged - 12/11/09, TRA passed - 09/12/09, SA SS lodged - 31/12/09, SS granted - 25/1/10, visa (176) lodged - 4/2/10, CO - 10/2/11, VISA GRANTED - 22/08/2011

Sorry not been on for a while, My kids are 11, 8, 4, 2 hard work. Yes if would be great to meet up.