Is IELTS result mandatory prior to your PR application ?

Sydneytina

Hi all,

I have a question about IELTS result. Here is my situation: My Graduate skilled visa (485) is about to expire in 15 days and I've failed to get 8 bands across all components in IELTS. Now I'm short of 10 points. Can I file my PR application and keep trying to get 8 bands in IELTS. If I'm successful in getting a positive outcome before I get a case officer then can I use that result for my application or will my visa be refused? I've spoken to to RMA but have got different answers from them. Can anyone help??

All advice appreciated. Thanks in advance.

u might run the risk of being refused if you dont score 65 points based on evidence dated earlier than your application submission date.

for secondary applicant - it is often excused to a later date though (28days in my case from CO allocation) .

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf

page 21

Before you lodge your application

You need to ensure you are able to provide evidence of your English language ability. IELTS hasan academic test and a general training test – unless you are required to do otherwise by yourassessing authority you only need to take the general training test.If you wish to provide your IELTS test result as evidence of your English language ability, you onlyneed to provide the Test Report Form (TRF) Number that is on your IELTS certificate.What you will need to submit as evidence of your English language ability depends on the numberof points you would like to be awarded for this skill.

Test results must be no more than2 years old at the time you apply.

Hi all,

I have a question about IELTS result. Here is my situation: My Graduate skilled visa (485) is about to expire in 15 days and I've failed to get 8 bands across all components in IELTS. Now I'm short of 10 points. Can I file my PR application and keep trying to get 8 bands in IELTS. If I'm successful in getting a positive outcome before I get a case officer then can I use that result for my application or will my visa be refused? I've spoken to to RMA but have got different answers from them. Can anyone help??

All advice appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your reply. However in the online application where you have to give details for IELTS result, it is mentioned that you can provide your result up untill the decision time of your application. When I spoke to a RMA he said its a grey area...I'm confused. Would love to see comments from George, Alan and other reputed agents who are active on this site.

this refers to the Scan copy of TRF - i suppose, u can upload anytime before your CO allocation or at CO request when he finds it missing in your Document upload.

You could however call/email DIAC directly Monday morning to check.

Thanks for your reply. However in the online application where you have to give details for IELTS result, it is mentioned that you can provide your result up untill the decision time of your application. When I spoke to a RMA he said its a grey area...I'm confused. Would love to see comments from George, Alan and other reputed agents who are active on this site.

this refers to the Scan copy of TRF - i suppose, u can upload anytime before your CO allocation or at CO request when he finds it missing in your Document upload.

You could however call/email DIAC directly Monday morning to check.

You have to read the website as well as the prompts from the e visa application.

Have a look at http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/885/eligibility-english.htm particularly this bit "Your test results must be from a test you sat no more than two years before the day you lodge your application."

What the evisa application prompt says is that you can provide your evidence of competent English at any time before a decision is made but should do so within 28 days.

The regulations require that if the evidence is an IELTS result it is from a test you sat in the two years before making the application for any application made on or after 1/7/11.

Regards