176 visa lodged January 2012

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EEK!!! So exciting.

Lodged on 21/01/2012... still waiting for a CO but I still thing Tuesday/Thursday :) I had 75 points (70 if they decide not to give me the 5 points for work experience) so I don't think they are prioritizing based on that...

I think they just split out the applications into chunks and then allocate them in batches across teams. Some teams will perform better than others (or, some applications just take longer to process). Either way... a few days won't hurt anyone!

Excitement!!

What happens when you get a CO by the way?

Is it the way that I imagine it... a bell rings, music plays and fireworks go off? Or do you just get an e-mail or something?

I think all of that, Dono...The CO is the person who checks all your docs and requests more if needed and then does the final grant i believe! Like the doctors receptionist...lol its the link to your visa...

Guest Australianinwaiting

Hi everyone,

We just submitted our 176 application last night (Sunday). Bit worried though. Just uploaded our basic documents, but haven't had an e-mail from DIAC yet. Should we get an automatically generated one?

I've logged in and printed off the payment receipt, but will have to go back on at some point today or tomorrow and upload husband's former contracts, payslips etc for work experience points. That will be fun.

Fingers crossed!

Hi everyone,

We just submitted our 176 application last night (Sunday). Bit worried though. Just uploaded our basic documents, but haven't had an e-mail from DIAC yet. Should we get an automatically generated one?

I've logged in and printed off the payment receipt, but will have to go back on at some point today or tomorrow and upload husband's former contracts, payslips etc for work experience points. That will be fun.

Fingers crossed!

Welcome to our world...

LOL.. yes. A permanent state of refreshing e-mails and web pages.

What I mean is - do you get an e-mail saying "Hi, I'm your CO!" or do you just start seeing your documents changing from "required" to "met" online?

I'm not sure if they email introducing themselves, in fact i dont really know when you know from the tracking page as to when you have a CO! Presumably something obvious changes.

I think they just split out the applications into chunks and then allocate them in batches across teams. Some teams will perform better than others (or, some applications just take longer to process). Either way... a few days won't hurt anyone!

Excitement!!

Hi Mate's:

I will also join in the race... I applied 176

on 23rd jan 12

I'm not sure if they email introducing themselves, in fact i dont really know when you know from the tracking page as to when you have a CO! Presumably something obvious changes.

They do send an email saying you application has entered further processing.It will give you the CO name and tell you which team they are from. It will also give an email address by which you can contact the case officer. There will be pdf docs attached asking you for any further info they want such as the form 80, or in my case loads of stuff

Hope this helps

Millie x

Well done...how many points did you have, trying to work out if they are prioritising! i lodged on the 20th Jan and still waiting for CO.

Hi

With sponsorship we have 80 points, not sure why we have CO - maybe each CO gets allocated a few cases and some work faster than others? You'll probably get your visa before us cos we're still sorting out the form 80! Hopefully upload it tonight.

Emma

Hey daydreamer88 we lodged the same day...havent heard anything yet.

Heatherlaw I feel your impatience :)

we'd 65 points .Come on CO!!

Hiya ack

Am sure you will hear very soon, we are still messing about with form 80 as I realised i'd made another mistake! I seem to lose all my ability to follow instructions when filling in forms lol!

Emma

Hi HeatherLaw

We got an email from our CO introducing herself with info about what info we need to give and all docs to be emailed to her.

Emma

Well I couldn't sleep last night. At all. I just lay there imagining getting emails and seeing things on the net change to "met"... lol.

I'm knackered today. Really really looking forward to getting a CO... got medicals tomorrow!

Im with you on that one Dono!!! I'm shattered been off for 2weeks and done nothing but refresh my emails too... I thought it would be today for us but still no email :-( it can't be much more of a wait lol

Guest Australianinwaiting

Just a quick question. We got our confirmation e-mail last night and it indicated we needed to complete and attach a couple of forms. One, the 80 form, is very long and we have to do a copy each. Do I simply complete them and then scan and upload each page separately or is there an easier way?

Thanks all