176 visa lodged January 2012

Guest Sianburton

My husbands a carpenter so not high priority. They generally seem to be taking two weeks max at the moment which has caused us the opposite issue. Our intention has always been to leave next Jan as we hvae two weddings at the end of the year we dont want to miss. As shipping takes so long we are stopping in South America for 6 weeks on our way (As long as things dont kick off in Argentina too much) but, heres the issue, if everything is submitted and approved in the next 2 weeks we wont have time to stop in South America and get to Australia within the year. So I'm now in the strange position of having to delayit by holding on to Police Checks till middle of Feb. Crazy situation NEVER thought we'd be trying to slow it down lol

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that Emma!

Glad it went ok telling your parents.......think I'm gonna leave it a wee bit longer- like you when we apply for the visa!

Well the boys were very excited till I mentioned that I have applied to Wanted Down Under, think it suddenly seemed too real for my youngest? he took a deep breath,put his head under the blanket and announced that he no longer wants to go!..... goodness what do you do? thinking of doing a reccie anyway even if we don't get on WDU so fingers crossed it's enough to make him change his mind:/

Michelle X

This may be a silly question, but how do you know you have a case officer? When i log on to the DIAC tracking page, it just say 'prosessing has begun' i only lodged on Friday so just wondering what to look out for...Are they more likely to go through my agent?

We lodged on Thursday and I wondered the same thing! But when our agent emailed us to say it had been lodged she also said she would let us know when we had been allocated a case officer! I hope it's quick like some on here!!!

Emma

We lodged on Thursday and I wondered the same thing! But when our agent emailed us to say it had been lodged she also said she would let us know when we had been allocated a case officer! I hope it's quick like some on here!!!

Emma

Thanks Emma

Have you tried loggin onto the DIAC tracker?

only about 10times per day lol nothing has changed yet not that I know what will change on there! Are you obsessive with it or is just me? Haha I can do nothing but think about visa

Emma

No, i am obsessed too! Only checking once per day though at the moment. Like you i dont really know what to look for...

Hi guys

We submitted our 176 application last Saturday - yay! We got an email acknowledging our application with a list of forms that we have to upload onto the eVisa site. All of them we uploaded straight after we paid the fee and submitted the application - except the form 80 and 1221. They did not asked for these forms at the end of the eVisa process when we uploaded birth certificates etc. Forms 80 and 1221 are PDF and so we cannot save them to upload so looks like it will mean posting them or scanning the completed forms in and uploading the scanned images.

What I want to know is...

do we need to include these forms (as most of info is same as eVisa application form) and if we do...

how do we get them to DIAC?

Any help greatly appreciated. Really confused!

Thanks

Emma

I just completed form 80 and scanned it in. Just make sure you're using the one that was updated for 2012 (it'll say © 2012 at the bottom)... I accidentally did the wrong version lol.

You can scan it in and attach the scanned in version.

I just completed form 80 and scanned it in. Just make sure you're using the one that was updated for 2012 (it'll say © 2012 at the bottom)... I accidentally did the wrong version lol.

You scared me slightly there thinking we d completed the wrong one!! Just checked.grand! We did correct one. It would have been a pain having to fill it out again and rescan!

Nope, no agents here. Doing it all myself. As I type this, I'm just uploading my last outstanding documents (form 80s for both of us).

I think that for those of us that lodged around 20/21/22 January, we will only hear from a CO late next week. Some people probably took the Friday off as well to make a long weekend, and I'm sure the DIAC is no exception.

But it's getting close :) I can feel it! hehe

DIAC received our application last Monday (23rd) and we have a case officer today! Cant quite believe how quickly its all happening. Uploading form 80's tonight after a funfilled form filling weekend :-)

Very exciting xxx

Well done...how many points did you have, trying to work out if they are prioritising! i lodged on the 20th Jan and still waiting for CO.