176 visa lodged January 2012

I know its all VERY onfusing. You start to wonder can you understand english at all.

Are you claiming points for workexperience???

Basically if you have time and have a differnt assessing body. Then yeh sure why not get the points test advisory letter. But I SWEAR to you...at the moment ...you dont need this letter...it is recommended but not mandatory. Its only a letter to support a claim. We debated and worried over this for 3 weeks! DIAC themselves said not needed. Id say inthe future it will be though as apparently DIAC want the assessing body to verify whether the work experience is valid / relevant or not.

Dont worry I know they are on the same page. If you are only now apply for the skills assessment then yeah pay the extra money and get the points ltest letter but you dont need it! its a bonus!

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its all VERY onfusing. You start to wonder can you understand english at all.

Are you claiming points for workexperience???

Basically if you have time and have a differnt assessing body. Then yeh sure why not get the points test advisory letter. But I SWEAR to you...at the moment ...you dont need this letter...it is recommended but not mandatory. Its only a letter to support a claim. We debated and worried over this for 3 weeks! DIAC themselves said not needed. Id say inthe future it will be though as apparently DIAC want the assessing body to verify whether the work experience is valid / relevant or not.

Dont worry I know they are on the same page. If you are only now apply for the skills assessment then yeah pay the extra money and get the points ltest letter but you dont need it! its a bonus!

I've already applied for the skills assessment 2 months ago. I'm worried this will add further delay to whats already looking like a 4 month wait for the result.

Yes I'm claiming points for work experience. Whats the best way to prove the experience? is it payslips etc? Can I use my the employer statements that I used for the skills assessment? Thanks ack

I've already applied for the skills assessment 2 months ago. I'm worried this will add further delay to whats already looking like a 4 month wait for the result.

Yes I'm claiming points for work experience. Whats the best way to prove the experience? is it payslips etc? Can I use my the employer statements that I used for the skills assessment? Thanks ack

YOu could still apply for the points test advisory letter??

So going on the basis you dont REALLy need it.

We are proving our work experience with- employer references (Yes- all same stuff we sent of to VETASSESS basically) along with wage slips covering the entire period and bank statements. With only sent of a selection of payslips from each year as was paid fortnightly so that would have been too many but attached what we hope is enough.

Whos your assessing body?? VETASSESS we know from experience are terribly slow. But other bodies arent

YOu could still apply for the points test advisory letter??

So going on the basis you dont REALLy need it.

We are proving our work experience with- employer references (Yes- all same stuff we sent of to VETASSESS basically) along with wage slips covering the entire period and bank statements. With only sent of a selection of payslips from each year as was paid fortnightly so that would have been too many but attached what we hope is enough.

Whos your assessing body?? VETASSESS we know from experience are terribly slow. But other bodies arent

ok thats good, I was hoping it will be the same stuff used for the skills assessment. I'm using TRA, after 5 minutes on the phone they finally admitted that the current wait time is 4 months. They're very backed up with applications.

I'm not sure if I'll get the points advice. It's an extra $300, I know thats insignificant compared with the other fees.

4 months wooooo....ouch! That was more or less same as us for VETASSESS.

yeah $300 aint much really the problem is the waiting time!!!

You could if you wanted ring them and ask them to do points test advisory letter when they look at your application- since they havent done it yet might not be another 4 month wiait if you know what I mean.

We were up the walls with worry when we found out about that letter in late Dec! And with our VIC SS already applied for and gotten we just didnt have the time.

UP to you wht you do. But at least you know you dont need this letter. TO be honest I think its bit of a racket and I know others think the same

4 months wooooo....ouch! That was more or less same as us for VETASSESS.

yeah $300 aint much really the problem is the waiting time!!!

You could if you wanted ring them and ask them to do points test advisory letter when they look at your application- since they havent done it yet might not be another 4 month wiait if you know what I mean.

We were up the walls with worry when we found out about that letter in late Dec! And with our VIC SS already applied for and gotten we just didnt have the time.

UP to you wht you do. But at least you know you dont need this letter. TO be honest I think its bit of a racket and I know others think the same

Its seemed like about 8 months already! Yeah, if they can supply the letter together with the results it might not do any harm. I might give them a ring.

Hi guys, we applied for Wa Ss 176 visa 10th Jan, we received our CO on the 20th! We have meds this Friday and our agent have advised us we should have our visa 1-2 weeks later so it's all happened extremely quick for us!

Good luck to you all xx Kate

Guest Lucy Furness

Hi!

We lodged our visa on 18 Jan this year through our agent. We went for State Sponsored in WA and got accepted for SS within 24 hours, which was awesome!! We've had to apply for the 475 regional state sponsored as we fell just short of the 65 point pass mark as my agent wouldn't file for 8 years on my husbands work experience as an electrician (even though he's been working for 8 years), so we are a bit disappointed as the 475 is a temporary visa, which we can apply for perm after 2 years of living in regional WA. For the 5 more points we'd have got the 176 option. Grrrrrrr!

We're now waiting for a case officer, which is driving me crazy! I'm living hope, obsessing about Oz 24/7!!!

I'm more concerned about passing the medicals than anything else, having had some problems in the past (12 years ago!) but hopefully we'll get through it!

My agent says that the 475 is being processed very quickly, so fingers crossed!

Good luck with yours, and keep us posted!

Guest Lucy Furness
Hi guys, we applied for Wa Ss 176 visa 10th Jan, we received our CO on the 20th! We have meds this Friday and our agent have advised us we should have our visa 1-2 weeks later so it's all happened extremely quick for us!

Good luck to you all xx Kate

Wow!! That was QUICK!!!! My husband did his vetassess same day as yours! I have some hope now! :)

Guest Anxiety
Hi!

We lodged our visa on 18 Jan this year through our agent. We went for State Sponsored in WA and got accepted for SS within 24 hours, which was awesome!! We've had to apply for the 475 regional state sponsored as we fell just short of the 65 point pass mark as my agent wouldn't file for 8 years on my husbands work experience as an electrician (even though he's been working for 8 years), so we are a bit disappointed as the 475 is a temporary visa, which we can apply for perm after 2 years of living in regional WA. For the 5 more points we'd have got the 176 option. Grrrrrrr!

We're now waiting for a case officer, which is driving me crazy! I'm living hope, obsessing about Oz 24/7!!!

I'm more concerned about passing the medicals than anything else, having had some problems in the past (12 years ago!) but hopefully we'll get through it!

My agent says that the 475 is being processed very quickly, so fingers crossed!

Good luck with yours, and keep us posted!

Hi Lucy, I really feel what you're feeling now, I'm also so stressed, living the dream of starting a new live in Oz.

Regarding work experience, if you can provide the evidence of working these 8 years, then why not?! Did vetassess recognize his work experience or not? If they did then you should claim them as it'll make a big difference from a TR to a PR.

Ann

Guest Lucy Furness
Hi Lucy, I really feel what you're feeling now, I'm also so stressed, living the dream of starting a new live in Oz.

Regarding work experience, if you can provide the evidence of working these 8 years, then why not?! Did vetassess recognize his work experience or not? If they did then you should claim them as it'll make a big difference from a TR to a PR.

Ann

Hi Ann

Hi Ann

I wish we could have got the PR, but my agent was adamant that he could safely only apply for the 5 years experience. Not sure what Vetassess came back with, perhaps I should check, but as my agent did it all it's hard to know. We gave proof of everything from paychecks to letter of employment from 2003/4 so it's frustrating! She reckons he couldn't have been ''qualified'' in the early days, even though he was out working as a self employed sparks from day one! We fought with my agent over this, and she won!

Now our application is lodged I guess we'll just have to go with it for fear of being shoved to the back of the queue.

Cheers! And best of luck :biggrin:

Has anyone that lodged SS for WA under a 176 visa been asked to provide evidence that they have sufficient funds in their bank account. An agent told me that I would need to provide evidence the equivalent to $15,000 AUD to support my application. Is this true

We were told by our agent to put $20,000 or more as any less and they won't think you'll have enough!

You can include sale of cars, personal savings etc but at no point will they ask for proof of this so don't worry! Ours was passed in two days no questions asked and we are in fact only taking $10k!

Thanks Kate

@Ms Petite - they ask you the question at the time you apply for state sponsorship. You can provide an estimate of the amount you will have when you go to WA. You won't be asked for proof and the DIAC will also not ask for proof at the time of lodging.

Guest Sianburton

I know fortuately we already had our medicals booked for this Saturday. Police checks are on their way back to us too so at this rate we may have our visa granted in the next few weeks!!!!!:angel_happy_face_ha

Case officer allocated this morning after 8 days :jiggy:

FLIPPING HELL!!!!

I wonder though did your application go to a faster centre. Isnt there two Adelaide and cant recall other place.

Anyway as DOno say GO GO GO ..... woooooo

We're having a slight interlude to get the hound checked for any outlawed diseases before we stump up for the visas. Unfortunately, he's just developed an aversion to needles, so needs to be sedated with tablets before the vets will be able to get blood out of him :mad:. In other news, NSW sponsorship approval paperwork arrived today! :)

@Heather - it's based on which visa you lodged. If you lodged a 175, you will wait probably 6 to 9 months. For the 176s it seems a bit quicker (1 to 2 months).

Yes i know its the type of vias but just sounded rather quick and scary although its what we all want. Just thought they might be prioritising on occupation and areas.