176 visa lodged January 2012

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi good luck, we are going to be applying for the 176 visa, after hopefully getting wa state sponsorship, - did you wait to get your state sponsor back then apply for the visa . did you use an agent, if you did it yourself where did you get the forms from

sorry got loads of things to try and get my head round at the moment.... when you get your case officer will you then apply for the medicals and police checks

x

hi good luck, we are going to be applying for the 176 visa, after hopefully getting wa state sponsorship, - did you wait to get your state sponsor back then apply for the visa . did you use an agent, if you did it yourself where did you get the forms from

sorry got loads of things to try and get my head round at the moment.... when you get your case officer will you then apply for the medicals and police checks

x

Hi and thankyou we waited until we had state sponsorship before we lodged the visa we used an agent so many people say its easy enough to do on your own but to be honest at some stages I think we would have struggled! We have been advised to wait until we have a case officer until we go for medically and police checks!

Good luck with the state sponsorship and hope all becomes clear if your doing the forms yourself

Emma

Yay congrats! Apparently 176's are getting case officers in around 4 weeks. Ive seen they're quite speedy compared to 175's. We'll be lodging ours soon, we are just waiting to receive confirmation of our skills assessment, and then will apply for Victoria SS. Hoping it will be much smoother than the skills assessment which was a complete nightmare. Did you do yours online or via post? Were not using an agent for our 176 as its just me and my partner.

176 visa with wa state sponsorship lodged this morning! Has anyone else lodged in January 2012 yet? If so where are you heading? Hope it's not too long of a wait before we hear from a case officer!!!

Emma & Sam

Hey I lodged mine on the 7th.....still waiting for a CO...

what i have found there are very few people who lodged their 176 visa in Jan.

Ours has been done online via the agent we used got it all set up to track the progress already I'm such an impatient person and now I have to wait again hope we do get a case officer within the 4 weeks! We should have lodged on the 8th but we had a piece of evidence missing but everything came together eventually! My skills assessment ended up taking 12weeks as I got caught up with the july 11 changes!

Emma

Ours has been done online via the agent we used got it all set up to track the progress already I'm such an impatient person and now I have to wait again hope we do get a case officer within the 4 weeks! We should have lodged on the 8th but we had a piece of evidence missing but everything came together eventually! My skills assessment ended up taking 12weeks as I got caught up with the july 11 changes!

Emma

Fingers crossed you get a quick issue! The way its going, I dont think you'll have very long to wait at all. Good luck! x

Yay congrats! Apparently 176's are getting case officers in around 4 weeks. Ive seen they're quite speedy compared to 175's. We'll be lodging ours soon, we are just waiting to receive confirmation of our skills assessment, and then will apply for Victoria SS. Hoping it will be much smoother than the skills assessment which was a complete nightmare. Did you do yours online or via post? Were not using an agent for our 176 as its just me and my partner.

Did you know you can apply for Vic SS whilst waiting for the result of your trade assessment?

We did ours at the same time, and had confirmation of our Vic SS after about 8 weeks.

Just waiting for TRA to pull their fingers out and sort out my wife's trade assessment

176 visa with wa state sponsorship lodged this morning! Has anyone else lodged in January 2012 yet? If so where are you heading? Hope it's not too long of a wait before we hear from a case officer!!!

Emma & Sam

Hiya Emma and Sam

We have filled in most of the 176 form, just need to pay and upload docs and will be submitting in the next few days.

We received Vic SS mid december and were shocked that it only took 5 weeks! We have talked about moving to OZ for ages and now its a possibility I feel really nervous - anyone else feel like this? We haven't told family yet so maybe i'll feel better when its all out in the open although I know they'll be devastated about not seeing the kids. We are going to tell them when we've lodged the application. Have you told everyone?

We are hopefully heading for Melbourne, hubby a software engineer (main applicant) and i'm a secondary science teacher and we have 3 year old twins :-)

Look forward to hearing about you and all the other Jan applicants.

Emma xx

How could you not tell anyone !!! Lol we decided we were going ahead with moving to oz nov 2010 we managed to keep it to ourselves until just after Christmas the same year!(how crap are we) We're nervous but seem to have an excited day then a nervous day where we think how upset we're going to be leaving family behind! We don't have kids yet so at least it's just us there going to miss! :-) i am a nurse and sam is a joiner... good luck for when you decide to tell them all I'm sure it will be fine

Emma

Hi and thankyou we waited until we had state sponsorship before we lodged the visa we used an agent so many people say its easy enough to do on your own but to be honest at some stages I think we would have struggled! We have been advised to wait until we have a case officer until we go for medically and police checks!

Good luck with the state sponsorship and hope all becomes clear if your doing the forms yourself

Emma

all the forms are available on DIAC website... just search for the forms u need in the search tab

Just waiting on my sponsorship reference from NSW, and then will be putting in the visa application. Got the online form done and saved, just need that magic number and we're ready to go...

hi, just seen your post and sounds like you have done the forms yourself? I am hoping to eliminate an agent, and been looking on the diac website, think the correct form is 1276 - Was wondering if you are the main applicant, do you have to fill in other forms for family members How easy was the form Also noticed your location was swindion same as us cheers

Hi Emma

We're right at the begining with this....my heads spinning with all this info and what to do! We're just about to apply for Victoria SS and then from what Ive read we will need to do a skills assesment? We will then apply for our 176:& It seems a lot of money to pay when you might not be granted a visa?? We don't want to use an agent but I'm finding it stessfull already!

We haven't told anyone yet either, just keep dropping hints that we have been thinking about it. We've applied to Wanted Down under too...... so we'd better warn them eh?

We're also heading for Melbourne my OH is a ICT Network manager and I am a hotel manager, we have two boys aged 14 and 10. It would be so fantastic to have jobs lined up ready for when we get out there- really nervous about turning up there with no job or home!:0

Have you looked at any of the subarbs yet if you have what are your thoughts on them?

Michelle XX

Did you know you can apply for Vic SS whilst waiting for the result of your trade assessment?

We did ours at the same time, and had confirmation of our Vic SS after about 8 weeks.

Just waiting for TRA to pull their fingers out and sort out my wife's trade assessment

Its a little dangerous putting in for SS as if you receive a postive outcome the SS is only valid for 12 weeks in which time you have to lodge your visa.

Hi Emma

We're right at the begining with this....my heads spinning with all this info and what to do! We're just about to apply for Victoria SS and then from what Ive read we will need to do a skills assesment? We will then apply for our 176:& It seems a lot of money to pay when you might not be granted a visa?? We don't want to use an agent but I'm finding it stessfull already!

We haven't told anyone yet either, just keep dropping hints that we have been thinking about it. We've applied to Wanted Down under too...... so we'd better warn them eh?

We're also heading for Melbourne my OH is a ICT Network manager and I am a hotel manager, we have two boys aged 14 and 10. It would be so fantastic to have jobs lined up ready for when we get out there- really nervous about turning up there with no job or home!:0

Have you looked at any of the subarbs yet if you have what are your thoughts on them?

Michelle XX

Hiya Michelle

The whole process is quite complicated but tbh most of the hard bit has to be done by the applicant so we decided to do it ourselves to save cash. You need a skills assessment to apply for Vic SS and the ACS took 10 wks to process ours and VIC SS only 5 wks so it might be an idea to get your skills assessment in ASAP. You need official transcripts of degree certificates to apply for skills assessment (which took 4 wks from manchester uni) and letters from all your employers over the last 10 years to verify what you did etc.

We told my parents on Saturday which went better than I thought and we have just applied for our 176 visa woo hoo!

Like me you should be OK with an OH in IT cos all forms are online and most difficult bit is scanning and uploading photos :-)

Are your boys excited?

Emma x

How could you not tell anyone !!! Lol we decided we were going ahead with moving to oz nov 2010 we managed to keep it to ourselves until just after Christmas the same year!(how crap are we) We're nervous but seem to have an excited day then a nervous day where we think how upset we're going to be leaving family behind! We don't have kids yet so at least it's just us there going to miss! :-) i am a nurse and sam is a joiner... good luck for when you decide to tell them all I'm sure it will be fine

Emma

Well told my parents on Saturday and got a better reception than we had anticipated. Just lodges our 176 woo hoo!

Where are you heading? Getting quite excited now.

Emma

Its a little dangerous putting in for SS as if you receive a postive outcome the SS is only valid for 12 weeks in which time you have to lodge your visa.

I would assume the SS only becomes valid once you have sent in your trade assessment and been given your SS reference number?

Hi Shazb,

I've done all the forms - they're not too difficult, and you'll need to fill them in if you have an agent anyway - you'll be alright without an agent if you have a simple application - e.g., no serious criminal convictions or health concerns. There's one main form to fill in which covers all family members (even ones who aren't migrating), you're right, this is the 1276. Have you already got your skills assessment / IELTS / sponsorship sorted? If not yet, then worry about those first, as you'll have plenty of time for form-filling while you're waiting for those... :)

Good luck!

Vince

I would assume the SS only becomes valid once you have sent in your trade assessment and been given your SS reference number?

Hi Pswebb,

Emm...now you have me stumped ...im not sure about that.

When we applied to VIC for SS we had have all this done already. Then when we got our VIC ss we had 4 months in which to lodge our 176 visa. Also lets say for some reason your visa application becomes invalid and for arguments sake your SS says 1.01.2012 then you have the 4 months to get everthing fully sorted. We rand DIAC and they said once your SS comes through its best to straight away lodge youe visa applic incase they invalidated it and youd to reapply

Hi, could somebody help me. Edit: to put it more simply, do I just do a normal TRA Migration Skills Assessment for a 176 visa? Or do I need to apply for the Migration Points Advice too?

And the Migration Points Advice application form seems identical to the Migration Skills Assessment form. I'm very unclear on this! :wacko:

Thanks

Hi, could somebody help me. Edit: to put it more simply, do I just do a normal TRA Migration Skills Assessment for a 176 visa? Or do I need to apply for the Migration Points Advice too? Thanks

If this is the same thing this seriously concerned us also. DIAC request that you must have your skills assessed- thats ok we all know that...so in our case it was VETASSESS. Got that done and dusted but now DIAC are RECOMMENDING that if you are seeking to claim points for work experience that they recommend only that you obtain a points test advisory letter from your assessing body to support your claim for work eperience points.

We rang DIAC about this....was this points test advisory letter really needed as we didnt have it and VETASSESS are serioulsy slow and if we did need it we'd never have it back in time. Anyway DIAC said it is not mandatory as they will decide if you have the relevant work experience but if you had this letter it would help.

Hope that helps