From Mother of a Known Case of Cystic Fibrosis

Najia Nazir

Dear Friends,

I am a mother of 3 from Karachi Pakistan. I would like to inquire about the migration policy regarding children with genetic disorders. One of my sons has cystic fibrosis which is not an environmentally threatening disorder and he acquired it as his parents are first cousins. What are our family's chances of making it thru the medical procedures without getting halted for this particular reason?

My primary focus to opt for Australia is to seek better and improved environment for my child , along with state of the art medical facilities. Will my focus prove to be detrimental or helpful to my yet-to-be-lodged application?

Would require a through help.

Thanks.

Guest Guest31881

Hi,

Welcome to PIO.

My first recommendation would be to make sure you are eligible for a visa under current regulations and speak to a good migration agent. Your sons illness could be an Obstacle and you will need good professional advice and guidance to formulate your visa strategy if you are to succeed.

Guest The Pom Queen

There are two threads on PIO that you may find helpful

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/87251-will-cystic-fibrosis-keep-us-uk.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/95396-newbie-needs-advice-re-cystic-fibrosis.html

I am not sure what visa you would be applying for but like Colin has said I think you need to talk to an agent and also bear in mind that even if the visa is granted you may have to have some kind of health disclaimer.

good luck

Kate

Thanks for this prompt a response.

[h=3]I wish to apply under State Sponsored Migration List (SSML) ( 2011-2012 program year) for Skilled - Sponsored (Migrant) visa (subclass 176)[/h]Both my husband's and my professions belong to the ' High Availability' green zone , according to http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/applyonline/skilled/planning_level_status.php

Hence , I wanted some guidance regarding this. What do you exactly suggest by a ' Medical Disclaimer'?

My son is very agile and keeps fit despite his shortcomings of being born with a problem. He is a high achiever in his academics and extremely creative and artistic for a boy of five years.

Our other two kids have absolutely no medical issues and so do we, the married couple.

My husband has 13 years of professional experience , while I have been in my profession for more than 9 years.

Do you think our professional expertise might help clear some clouds?

When you say agents, we really can't trust a lot of them around us here locally. If we would like to attend to our application , independently of any agents, is there any chance?

I want to have this information asas , as I would like to file for the process before 1st July , as after that, I understand, some occupations might be closed .

Thanks