IELTS reading any tips?

mapster

Mapster it will be all the stress you have put yourself through. Try and be positive, the most annoying thing is we all know we can pass this test. Never give up!!!

I hope you feel better soon

Sporty x

Thanks for all the support...

I can NOT believe I have some sort of virus been in bed for 2 days feeling really ill..........................

Fingers crossed I get up tomorrow and its gone as my test is this Saturday.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the support...

I can NOT believe I have some sort of virus been in bed for 2 days feeling really ill..........................

Fingers crossed I get up tomorrow and its gone as my test is this Saturday.

I was the same on my last...headache,generally feeling unwell, I think you must be really stressed.

gutted!

Did my 4th test today felt the reading went well until.....

they were just collecting the answer paper and I realised I had put T F NG for the answers sheet rather than true false not given.....as I had been doing for my practise papers!

Can't believe I made such a silly mistake..... That's my 8 out the window......

Hi mapsterhopefully you have answered enough to get the 8's you need. Fingers crossed for you x oh felt it well today but will wait and see.Good luck everyone now waiting for results x

gutted! my 4th test today felt the reading went well until.....they were just collecting the answer paper and I realised I had put T F NG for the answers sheet rather than true false not given.....as I had been doing for my practise papers!Can't believe I made such a silly mistake..... That's my 8 out the window......

There was 4 of these questions and if I got the rest right that will only give me 7.5. ........

Thought it wasn't too bad exam toady. Acton was really unorganised tho..... People had all sorts of drinks food ect with them in the exam room. speak exam times were put on a wall & you didn't get to know the time until after the other exams it was manic as around 300 people were trying to see the time for their exam. I was 20 minutes late for my speaking exam as the 1 st tests didn't finish until 1. 20ish & then I had together stuff from cloakroom and use the toilet! Felt really stressed by time I found the room too.

gutted!

Did my 4th test today felt the reading went well until.....

they were just collecting the answer paper and I realised I had put T F NG for the answers sheet rather than true false not given.....as I had been doing for my practise papers!

Can't believe I made such a silly mistake..... That's my 8 out the window......

Does that really matter - to abbreviate instead of writing it out? I'm not sure it really does - so you may still be in business.

There was 4 of these questions and if I got the rest right that will only give me 7.5. ........

Thought it wasn't too bad exam toady. Acton was really unorganised tho..... People had all sorts of drinks food ect with them in the exam room. speak exam times were put on a wall & you didn't get to know the time until after the other exams it was manic as around 300 people were trying to see the time for their exam. I was 20 minutes late for my speaking exam as the 1 st tests didn't finish until 1. 20ish & then I had together stuff from cloakroom and use the toilet! Felt really stressed by time I found the room too.

Hi Mapster

I only put T F NG in my answers, it is hand marked and checked and there is no confusion between each abbreviation...you will be fine, just having a last minute meltdown!

Hi Mapster

I only put T F NG in my answers, it is hand marked and checked and there is no confusion between each abbreviation...you will be fine, just having a last minute meltdown!

Melt down was an understatement Heather? I felt so I'll this morning and when we were driving there I was thinking what am I doing.? By the time I had my speaking test (I was first at 1.15pm) I had nearly lost my voice! took 6 paracetomal by 9.15am....

Examiner was lovely and said I got a 9 for the speaking.

Just hope I did enough in the other sections yet another long 2 weeks......

Thanks for the support guys.

Xxxxxx

Melt down was an understatement Heather? I felt so I'll this morning and when we were driving there I was thinking what am I doing.? By the time I had my speaking test (I was first at 1.15pm) I had nearly lost my voice! took 6 paracetomal by 9.15am....

Examiner was lovely and said I got a 9 for the speaking.

Just hope I did enough in the other sections yet another long 2 weeks......

Thanks for the support guys.

Xxxxxx

I hope you're having a nice glass of wine now!

i know it's hard but just try and relax or the next 2 weeks...My results were due Christmas Eve and i contemplated leaving them unopened until ater Christmas! but, when it came i was shaking so much i had to open them, i couldn't get them out the envelope fast enough when i reaslised they were 8s and above, i am sure, Mapster you will be celebrating in 2 weeks time.

Take and let me know how you got on.

I hope you're having a nice glass of wine now!

i know it's hard but just try and relax or the next 2 weeks...My results were due Christmas Eve and i contemplated leaving them unopened until ater Christmas! but, when it came i was shaking so much i had to open them, i couldn't get them out the envelope fast enough when i reaslised they were 8s and above, i am sure, Mapster you will be celebrating in 2 weeks time.

Take and let me know how you got on.

Will do thanks Heather.

Early night for me.

As really not well...

Hope you get well soon , blew it today ,I had brain melt down in the reading .Booking another test monday for feb ,not even going to wait for my results i know i did'nt do very well .Going to buy some new practice books and have a few days off work and try again .

Good to hear your gonna try again. It really is practice practice practice. It's the worst part of the process!!! we hav a lot riding on these results this time so fingers crossed :-) good luck x

Hope you get well soon , blew it today ,I had brain melt down in the reading .Booking another test monday for feb ,not even going to wait for my results i know i did'nt do very well .Going to buy some new practice books and have a few days off work and try again .

Good to hear your gonna try again. It really is practice practice practice. It's the worst part of the process!!! we hav a lot riding on these results this time so fingers crossed :-) good luck x

have you cleared your IELTs now Sporty? They are a nightmare to hurdle and doesn't seem to be much consistency in marking!

Thanks feeling a little more human today!!

I can't believe I sat that exam yesterday felling so rough.......

Roll on getting the results.

Good luck to anyone else sitting their test soon.

Oh Mapster, keeping everything crossed for you and hope you are feeling better.

Your exam centre sounds a complete nightmare.

Talk about stres out and we still have another 10 days to wait!! After the long hour drive to Barcelona, he then locked his keys in the car and then managed to lock himself out of his hotel room as well.

Oh Mapster, keeping everything crossed for you and hope you are feeling better.

Your exam centre sounds a complete nightmare.

Talk about stres out and we still have another 10 days to wait!! After the long hour drive to Barcelona, he then locked his keys in the car and then managed to lock himself out of his hotel room as well.

Oh dear sound like your hubby was stressed too!!

I'm feeling loads better today but full of cold...

Test center in Acton London was a nightmare...... so unorganised and pep's had phones with them in the test................5 or 6 times they asked for phones and people just kept putting their hands up with them!!! Then the examiners where struggling to turn the bloody things off!!

Yet it clearly said NO phones in the test room this delayed the start of the tests....

People had cans/bottles of drinks...red bull coke ect and one person had fruit!!!!

You had to have your hand stamped when you signed in but they didn't do mine.....then when I arrived 20 minutes lates for the speaking test I was told no you need a stamp so I had to RUN down 2 lots of stairs to get a silly IELTS stamped on my hand and run back.......

But all done now and fingers crossed I did enough as I am NOT doing another!!

Let us know how your hubby gets on.

xxx