medical issues

Guest sparky

Guest sparky

Hi All

Anybody else had problems with there medicals ?,on CO's request we had meds done last week and were skipping all the way to the Dr's thinking of the precious visa that was nearly in our clutches,only to be told a week later that something had come up that had to be investigated further,it may be nothing but now on top of the fact it has delayed things we are now worried about health and we have been told we won't know what problem is till next week.Please remind me why we all put ourselves through this torture!!

Lisa,x

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi All

Anybody else had problems with there medicals ?,on CO's request we had meds done last week and were skipping all the way to the Dr's thinking of the precious visa that was nearly in our clutches,only to be told a week later that something had come up that had to be investigated further,it may be nothing but now on top of the fact it has delayed things we are now worried about health and we have been told we won't know what problem is till next week.Please remind me why we all put ourselves through this torture!!

Lisa,x

Hi Lisa

You are not alone. My family has had probs with the meds too, though we knew in advance that there might be a problem. It is far worse when it is unexpected, I reckon, so I am keeping everything crossed for you that whatever is causing the doctor concern is something that can be sorted out quickly.

I've been to hell & back again with the meds in our own family, so I know exactly how you feel. I have set up my options on this forum in such a way that you can PM me if you want to.

Please let us know how you go.

Gill

Guest sparky

Hi guys

Thanks for your kind words,i am sure there are lots of people in the same boat and it does help talking about it.

Thanks again

Lisa,xx

Guest Missiemo

Hi Lisa

Sorry honey about the med's, I am sure it will be fine, keeping our fingers crossed for you honey.

Take Care Mo

Guest Nelson

Were you notified by the Australian Authorities or the G.P. who conducted the medicals? You've got me panicking now...

Guest sparky

Hi

Don't panic! it was picked up on the day we went to have the meds done,after going back several times they decided it needed further investigation,fingers crossed it will all be fine.(I can say that now after a few glasses of wine).

Cheers,

Lisa, :P

Guest scoop

Hi Guys

I know it is a worrying time, I've not had mine yet :?

A mate of mine who is now out there living the dream 8) She had something picked up on her xray, still not sure what is was but she had to have a couple of extra tests that was all.

Just be aware if you need extra test you may have to pay privately.

Hope this helps and try not to worry! Yeah right!

Good luck with it all

SCoop

x

Guest Nelson

We had our meds done in April and doctor said we were five fine specimens which was such a relief in view of the fact that my hubby had MAJOR heart surgery when he was 31... He was one of the first people in Britain to have a Teflon coated heart (yes.. non-stick, like the frying pans!) and we had been very worried all along even though we came clean from the beginning and told an assessor that this was a real worry. I'm still worrying that someone will decide that he's too much of a risk or something but, quite frankly, i'm so frazzled at the moment, it'll be ME having the heart attack!!!!! I hope all you other guys waiting get through ok..... this whole waiting thing is akin to being pregnant... TRA = first scan, Form SK47 = Amnio, last minute hitches= swollen ankles and then, finally and hopefully, VISA = BABY!!!!

Guest sparky

Hi Guys

I have just got the all clear on my medical,YIPEEEE, and the Dr is sending them to Sydney tomorrow,

Thanks for your support.

Lisa, :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Guest Nelson

Great news :lol: .. Actually, don't you think the whole process is quite cleansing; when you get the all clear for medicals, police, update your C.V., clear out the closets... wipe away the cobwebs of life hmmmmmmmm...

Guest lholmes
We had our meds done in April and doctor said we were five fine specimens which was such a relief in view of the fact that my hubby had MAJOR heart surgery when he was 31... He was one of the first people in Britain to have a Teflon coated heart (yes.. non-stick, like the frying pans!) and we had been very worried all along even though we came clean from the beginning and told an assessor that this was a real worry. I'm still worrying that someone will decide that he's too much of a risk or something but, quite frankly, i'm so frazzled at the moment, it'll be ME having the heart attack!!!!! I hope all you other guys waiting get through ok..... this whole waiting thing is akin to being pregnant... TRA = first scan, Form SK47 = Amnio, last minute hitches= swollen ankles and then, finally and hopefully, VISA = BABY!!!!

Hi Krista

That’s a hilarious comparison, think I might steal it!

I also agree with the cobwebb theory! Going through this process means that when you get to Aus you know that you are completely healthy, character clean and in the clear to go straight into job hunting!

All the best guys and congratulations on the good news Lisa!

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rbecca

I had my medical last October. Problems emerged. It's 8 months later and I still haven't got it all sorted out. If only I had been told to get everything done privately in one go, it would have taken less than half the time. Instead each test has been done one at a time (some privately and some through GP) and when all tests came back in good order I was told that a consultant has to look them over. Since there was actually nothing wrong with the test results, my GP said that she could not refer me to a NHS consultant. I had to get the Australian panel doctor (I think he hates me!) to refer me to a private consultant. This has taken 2 and a half months. I will have died of old age before it gets sorted at this rate. :x

Guest Gollywobbler
I had my medical last October. Problems emerged. It's 8 months later and I still haven't got it all sorted out. If only I had been told to get everything done privately in one go, it would have taken less than half the time. Instead each test has been done one at a time (some privately and some through GP) and when all tests came back in good order I was told that a consultant has to look them over. Since there was actually nothing wrong with the test results, my GP said that she could not refer me to a NHS consultant. I had to get the Australian panel doctor (I think he hates me!) to refer me to a private consultant. This has taken 2 and a half months. I will have died of old age before it gets sorted at this rate. :x

Hi Rebecca

You poor lamb. You really have been mucked about abominably.

But it sounds as if it is all coming right for you now, so you just hang in there babes. You know it will be worth it in the end. :roll:

Good luck, and please let us know how you get on, won't you?

Guest lilac

Hi Lisa

Was just reading your post. Did you get everything sorted out?

What stage are you at with the further tests on your meds.

We also had a problem on ours and need to do further tests.

Very worrying and deflating isn't it?

lilac

Guest lilac

Hello Rbecca

I was just reading your post. So sorry to hear what you have been through.

My other half has had a letter from the panel doctor to give to our NHS GP to send him for further tests. Then to pass a copy of the results to him- the panel doctor.

But he has also said that if there is nothing found on the tests that he will require a consultants assesment and report so it can be submitted with the medical to Oz.

After having read your post I am in 2 minds if it is better to save the money and go through the NHS.

Especially if you have had probs getting a consultants report.

Hope you have progressed with yours, where are you at now?

lilac

Archived