register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

The Pom Queen

Turkish Court could see Fergie locked up for 22 years

Come on are they really going to proceed with this:no:

A TURKISH court has pressed charges against the Duchess of York for secretly filming orphanages in the country.

The court today accused Sarah Ferguson in absentia of going "against the law in acquiring footage and violating privacy" of five children.

She faces a maximum term of 22-and-a-half years in prison if convicted. No trial date has been set.

Ferguson, the former wife of Prince Andrew, made an undercover trip to Turkey in 2008 to examine orphanages for a British television program.

Secretly filmed images that were broadcast appeared to show children tied to their beds or left in cribs at an orphanage near the capital of Ankara.

It is not clear why it took more than three years to file charges against Ferguson.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

I'd be quite surprised if Fergie was actually the one holding the camera, still, if I were her I wouldn't plan to return to Turkey any time soon. Probably took so long to charge her because they were confused and thought she was the manager of Man U.

Guest guest59177

If there were any sense and sensibility prevailing, the people running the orphanage would be charged with child abuse.

I will watch Midnight Express at the first opportunity and imagine Princess Fergie in the lead role. Thank you Turkey for brightening up a dull day.

Feb 2010 Prospective Marriage Visa | Nov 2010 Temporary Partner Visa | Nov 2012 Permanent Partner Visa | Jan 2015 Australian Citizenship

Is Fergie a Princess? Is she even still a Duchess? I know she is A weight watchers ambassador? Poor Fegie, surely she won't go to jail. Poor, poor, poor kiddies. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Good on her and the team for filming. Stories like this put me right off visiting any countries which condone this sort of thing.:no:

I will watch Midnight Express at the first opportunity and imagine Princess Fergie in the lead role. Thank you Turkey for brightening up a dull day.

Only up until when the guard decides he wants a bit of friendly time......I would want to imagine that........really.

14-03-08 Operation Get Down Researched 23-03-08 Appointed Agent 06-05-08 TRA Application Sent 23-05-08 TRA Passed

04-06-08 Online Visa Application Submitted