You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest lottie

If you don't love it!

Today a car cut me up & this is what was displayed in the rear window.

Australian flag saying " IF YOU DON'T LOVE IT GO HOME"

My reply,

"I like it but I don't love it"

anyone else know that feeling?

I read this and just had to reply ......" so what do the REAL Australians " have on their cars .:wink:

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

I read this and just had to reply ......" so what do the REAL Australians " have on their cars .

:wink:

"Dont dam the Franklin" I should think! or possibly "Dont blame me I didnt vote for her"

Wrt to car stickers. That old "my other car is a Porsche". It's almost worth buying 2 Porsches just so that you can have that sicker in both...

I said almost. If I was David Beckham that's one of the first things I'd do.

My Brain Hurts!

No, they don't say that you are welcome if you do love Australia - they say that if you don't then get the **** out of our country. It's the Aussie equivalent of "there ain't no black in the Union Jack".

I don't believe it is. Everyone may have diffeeing opinions on what exactly it means but I certainly don't think it's racist...........more to do with national pride. I think it's aimed at those who are afforded australian hospitality/residence and then continually whinge about the place. "Whinging Poms" wasn't just conjured up out of the blue......................it's a fact................most aussies see us as whingers.............."back in the UK we do it like this".................."isn't it expensive here compared to the UK"................if you worked with Poms who said the former and worked in retail and constantly heard the latter, it may give you an idea of how the sticker originated..............and it's not just aimed at Poms..............it's simply a light hearted, if somewhat crude way of saying, "shut the feck up or plss off"

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

Guest Guest26012

Was trying not to be blunt in my replies! It is to me a case of whinging! And it's not just car stickers that they whinge about! It's the price of fruit and veg, the price of sushi, the heat, the fact that shops close early! yeah I'm a Pom but I get sick of hearing it! As johndoe says the ozzies have probably got sick of hearing it over the years and it is their attempt at humour! I would feel exactly the same if I were in the uk and the immigrants whinged constantly about the country!

Guest Guest26012
No, they don't say that you are welcome if you do love Australia - they say that if you don't then get the **** out of our country. It's the Aussie equivalent of "there ain't no black in the Union Jack".

Rubbish!

Guest Guest26012
It might be your problem if they dont share your sense of humour!! Nothing like a bit of strategic keying to make a point. I dont think I would be trusting the Aussie sense of humour that far, it's not great at the best of times.

In your opinion eh? Not my experience with the Ozzie humour!

Was trying not to be blunt in my replies! It is to me a case of whinging! And it's not just car stickers that they whinge about! It's the price of fruit and veg, the price of sushi, the heat, the fact that shops close early! yeah I'm a Pom but I get sick of hearing it!

At least you don't fit the stereotype of being a whingeing Pom.

Feb 2010 Prospective Marriage Visa | Nov 2010 Temporary Partner Visa | Nov 2012 Permanent Partner Visa | Jan 2015 Australian Citizenship

Guest Guest26012
:notworthy:

LOL!!!

Guest Guest26012
I don't believe it is. Everyone may have diffeeing opinions on what exactly it means but I certainly don't think it's racist...........more to do with national pride. I think it's aimed at those who are afforded australian hospitality/residence and then continually whinge about the place. "Whinging Poms" wasn't just conjured up out of the blue......................it's a fact................most aussies see us as whingers.............."back in the UK we do it like this".................."isn't it expensive here compared to the UK"................if you worked with Poms who said the former and worked in retail and constantly heard the latter, it may give you an idea of how the sticker originated..............and it's not just aimed at Poms..............it's simply a light hearted, if somewhat crude way of saying, "shut the feck up or plss off"

Well said!

Guest Guest26012

??????

Guest Guest26012

:biggrin:

The only solution is to do what I am doing...staying to get citizenship. Then I can whinge as much as I like because I will an Australian and even Poms can't beat the Aussies at whingeing!

More car sticker suggestions? Remember "I used to be schizophrenic but we're both ok now!!!"? Oh how I laughed...

What about, "I used to be schizophrenic but now it's been downgraded to a schizo-affective personality disorder!!!" ?

My Brain Hurts!

Saw one on a battered sports Ute the other day.."Well, it isn't going to suck itself"

Actually I tell a lie, I didn't see it, my 4-yr old did. Fortunately he asked his mother what it meant rather than me. I didn't help her out

:biggrin:

OK I've found us a sticker

anitbogan.jpg

anitbogan.jpg

Jeremy Corbyn on the EU  " A European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anybody"

Guest Ptp113
Today a car cut me up & this is what was displayed in the rear window.

Australian flag saying " IF YOU DON'T LOVE IT GO HOME"

My reply,

"I like it but I don't love it"

anyone else know that feeling?

No sorry

I have a sticker on my car with a map of England on it saying "I flked off because it was full" hilarious! And I'm not a moron lol x

LOL ~ My Hubby said he saw a car with that sticker in the other day..............mayby it was you!!! :eek:

Guest Ptp113
Might get one when I get home "went to OZ and fell a sleep at 8pm each night. Thanks for my super and tax back though!"

8pm? People here don't go out on Friday and Saurday nights until 10pm, if not later!

8pm? People here don't go out on Friday and Saurday nights until 10pm, if not later!

I don't think you can include shift workers mate

My Brain Hurts!

Guest Ptp113
I don't think you can include shift workers mate

Night clubs are empty till 10pm, full until 5am. I'm to old for that caper now unfortunately

Guest SupportPants
Night clubs are empty till 10pm, full until 5am. I'm to old for that caper now unfortunately

Are you sure you're in Oz? I get the impression everyone's in bed by 8pm round here.