Family of 4 moving to Baulkham Hills/Castle Hill areas

Monkeynutzz

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I will be moving to the kellyville/hills area in june 2012. I have three children 5,3 and 1, and need to find schools and day care for them. Any advice on good schools and day care would be great. Thanks

Hi Mvar, we are in Kellyville, arrived Jan with 7 yr old twins. We have enrolled them at Sherwood Ridge Public school, the other option was kellyville Primary. Both have good reputations and we have been pretty happy. If you are looking at catholic then Our Lady of the Rosary also supposed to be excellent. I think there is a website that has all the NSW school stats- myschools.com.au I think it is. Anyway, good luck with the move and feel free to PM me if I can give you any more advice on the area etc. Polly X

Guest ScottnLouise

Hi we are a family of 4, have been in the Hills district over a year, and now live in Kellyville Ridge near the Ettamogah! Love the area and our eldest has now started school nearby. Looking for some like minded friends looking to entertain the kids and have a good drink and chat - it's nice to meet English people who are in the same boat as us as usually so much in common, plus I am always looking to talk more football, well only when Spurs are winning!

Originally from Kent, however, we are open to the idea of befriending northerners! Haha

Arsenal fans need not apply :-)

Please get in touch!!!

Hi

How are you finding the hills? I've heard it's quite a nice family friendly place. We are due there in June 2012.

Looking forward to it.

Hopefully the transition will be quite smooth (being optimistic).

We are moving from Stanmore London.

Ps. My husband is a mad man u fan lol

Hi we are a family of 4, have been in the Hills district over a year, and now live in Kellyville Ridge near the Ettamogah! Love the area and our eldest has now started school nearby. Looking for some like minded friends looking to entertain the kids and have a good drink and chat - it's nice to meet English people who are in the same boat as us as usually so much in common, plus I am always looking to talk more football, well only when Spurs are winning!

Originally from Kent, however, we are open to the idea of befriending northerners! Haha

Arsenal fans need not apply :-)

Please get in touch!!!

Hi we will be over in 5 weeks (god its going quick!) We have 3 kids 9, 7 and 3 you could talk footie with my 9 year old nearly 10.. although he was an Arsenal fan and converted to Chelsea. My whole family were Arsenal and have been for generations (until my eldest brother went to spurs...the traitor) Husband is a Rugby fan. How are you finding it there? I think we will be in temporary accomodation in the Hills and will then be deciding between there and the Central coast. There seems to be alot of young english families in the Hills whcih sounds great!

How old are your kids?

Mandy

We will be arriving first week in April and will be staying in Parramatta for first 3 weeks while looking for a house around Minchinbury and surrounding suburbs as that's where I'll be working. Will love to catch up with everyone once settled.

Minchinbury is around St. Marys, I would consider that a rough area.

Guest ScottnLouise

Oh we love it, it's a bit quieter, a bit newer, and everyone so friendly. It's only something like 40km's to the city which is nothing..but the traffic can be shocking.... They are working on making the M2 better which should help later this year....

I am sure your transition will be smooth once you get your head round the language barrier with silly things like 'yute', 'g'day', 'ripper' and 'dooner'.."...

Will have to have a chat with your husband....try talk some sense....

I'm sure you are gonna love it, it's different to London but it's great!

Guest ScottnLouise
Hi we will be over in 5 weeks (god its going quick!) We have 3 kids 9, 7 and 3 you could talk footie with my 9 year old nearly 10.. although he was an Arsenal fan and converted to Chelsea. My whole family were Arsenal and have been for generations (until my eldest brother went to spurs...the traitor) Husband is a Rugby fan. How are you finding it there? I think we will be in temporary accomodation in the Hills and will then be deciding between there and the Central coast. There seems to be alot of young english families in the Hills whcih sounds great!

How old are your kids?

Mandy

I'm sure I could talk some sense into your nearly ten yr old. Seems like your older brother could start a trend!...your husband will love the rugby over here...rugby season has just kicked off!

Love the hills it's really good for families it's not too quiet and lots to do for the kids..... We first settled in Terrigal in the central coast it was so laid back, bit remote in parts and quiet but amazing beaches.....handy to have that only an hour away.

What will you guys be doing where will you be working? That would decide a lot....both areas are nice it depends on what you are looking for.....

Where in Stanmore do you live ?.....I lived in Stanmore and Edgware!...we are here 4 years now and live in Quakers hill now....all the hills area is nice :)

Hi

How are you finding the hills? I've heard it's quite a nice family friendly place. We are due there in June 2012.

Looking forward to it.

Hopefully the transition will be quite smooth (being optimistic).

We are moving from Stanmore London.

Ps. My husband is a mad man u fan lol

Guest Marksthelens

Hi , we have been over since jan .

We lived with friends in castle hill but we now have our new home in kellyville ridge , also right near the Ettamogah .

So if you want to meet up , let us know .

Theres me , the wife and our 6 yr old daughter.

Ps we r Evertonians ; p

So what was the meetup like last Sunday? I'm surprised there has been no posts about it. Hope you all had a good time.

Not been on here for a while - meet up was good lots of lovely people though you just never get a chance to speak to everyone at something like that and I think I need a lesson in organising things though - mobile phone number would have been a good place to start! :biggrin: I am always up for another meet up but think someone else would be better at the organising this time!!!

Guest sk1nny

Oh dear I hope you're not expected great sun. It's been a shocking summer n so far not much better autumn. Still fingers crossed for your trip. Loo forward to meeting up soon

Cheers. Looking forward to catching up with everyone soon too. Hope we bring a change in weather for the best!

Make sure you bring the sun its been looking pretty good back home the last few days, so when do you guys get out here? have a temp place to stay all sorted ? drop us a line for a get together

Not been on here for a while - meet up was good lots of lovely people though you just never get a chance to speak to everyone at something like that and I think I need a lesson in organising things though - mobile phone number would have been a good place to start! :biggrin: I am always up for another meet up but think someone else would be better at the organising this time!!!

Hey guys, not been on for a while either been busy times, looks like another meets on the go for the etta hopefully catch ya this time round:biggrin:

Make sure you bring the sun its been looking pretty good back home the last few days, so when do you guys get out here? have a temp place to stay all sorted ? drop us a line for a get together

Been beautiful last few days, everyone in shorts and T-shirts and looking rather pink - typical Brits! We arrive on 7th April and have a 3 week holiday let organised in Parramatta. We are still looking around St Clair as a potential suburb so will take you up on that offer of a BBQ to get a feel for the place. Will drop you a PM when have got mobiles sorted after Easter weekend. Sister in law is meeting us at airport and are down for a few days from Queensland to help us settle which will be good. See you soon!

Guest oldmarried
Hi Mvar, we are in Kellyville, arrived Jan with 7 yr old twins. We have enrolled them at Sherwood Ridge Public school, the other option was kellyville Primary. Both have good reputations and we have been pretty happy. If you are looking at catholic then Our Lady of the Rosary also supposed to be excellent. I think there is a website that has all the NSW school stats- myschools.com.au I think it is. Anyway, good luck with the move and feel free to PM me if I can give you any more advice on the area etc. Polly X

Hi Polly

We just arrived last week and are living in Castle Hill at the moment. We have seen a few houses, one we really like is in the catchment for Sherwood Ridge. Our son is 5 and a May birthday. Everyone here is saying to put him down in kingergarten but we are not sure. I am not sure about the Kellyville area. It feels a bit remote and stark to me. We have also seen a house in Cherrybrook and I really like the area but the house is not as good. Can you tell me about living in Kellyville?

• 2 weeks later...
Been beautiful last few days, everyone in shorts and T-shirts and looking rather pink - typical Brits! We arrive on 7th April and have a 3 week holiday let organised in Parramatta. We are still looking around St Clair as a potential suburb so will take you up on that offer of a BBQ to get a feel for the place. Will drop you a PM when have got mobiles sorted after Easter weekend. Sister in law is meeting us at airport and are down for a few days from Queensland to help us settle which will be good. See you soon!

SOOOOO did you arrive in one piece, still jet lagged???? I think you brought the sun but also some cold nights

SOOOOO did you arrive in one piece, still jet lagged???? I think you brought the sun but also some cold nights

Hi

Flights went really well and got over jet lag quite quickly. Managed to get a car sorted and now doing viewing after viewing trying to find a decent house - not easy! We have been up your way a few times now and really like the feel of St Clair and Minchinbury. If you hear of any decent properties coming up for rent please let us know. We'd love to come and catch up for a BBQ if the offers still open? Would be good to catch up with someone for a beer and a chat.

Cheers

Mark