Family of 4 moving to Baulkham Hills/Castle Hill areas

Monkeynutzz

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

We have narrowed our search for a place to live. We will settle in either Castle Hill (where we are now) and we are going out at the weekend to have a look around Glenwood.

I have done a load of research around castle hill and we like here very much, but heard a lot of good things on this thread about Glenwood.

If anyone who is in Glenwood or knows this place well that can help me with these questions I would be most grateful...

1) which good primary public school is best (year 4 - I have 8 yr old twin boys)

2) How long on bus or in car does it take to get to North Sydney???

3) is there enough shops and local parks/cycle routes etc without having to get in a car??

Look fwd to hearing from anyone

julie

Just had a look at Glenwood PS website. quite impressive. The Principals video is worth a look.

Hi Monkeynutzz - I live in Glenwood and it is really nice there are a couple of ovals around and the local shops have the normal Woolworths, bakers etc - round the corner from me there is a park and a small bbq area used most days. I am sorry I can't help with the primary school my son is nearly 16 - the local primary is round the corner from me and it looks good too - I am more than happy to answer anymore questions but lets put it this way we love it in Glenwood it is a nice safe area we let oour son go running on his own in the evening without any concerns :biggrin: Let me know if you need anythign else - would offer to meet up or you to pop in for a coffee but this is my mums last weekend so we are off out most of the day! Let me know how the search goes

Hi all

We have narrowed our search for a place to live. We will settle in either Castle Hill (where we are now) and we are going out at the weekend to have a look around Glenwood.

I have done a load of research around castle hill and we like here very much, but heard a lot of good things on this thread about Glenwood.

If anyone who is in Glenwood or knows this place well that can help me with these questions I would be most grateful...

1) which good primary public school is best (year 4 - I have 8 yr old twin boys)

3) is there enough shops and local parks/cycle routes etc without having to get in a car??

julie

Crap didn't answer the question about travel - I work in Glebe and it takes me just over an hour to get there - I catch the train at Quakers Hill into Central (7:10) and am at my desk by 8;20am at the very latest - driving is a pain I tend not to do it very often it takes me just as long sometimes if not longer to get to where I am work wise! Where in the north is the work I can work out the travel for you if you want!

Hi Monkeynutzz - I live in Glenwood and it is really nice there are a couple of ovals around and the local shops have the normal Woolworths, bakers etc - round the corner from me there is a park and a small bbq area used most days. I am sorry I can't help with the primary school my son is nearly 16 - the local primary is round the corner from me and it looks good too - I am more than happy to answer anymore questions but lets put it this way we love it in Glenwood it is a nice safe area we let oour son go running on his own in the evening without any concerns :biggrin: Let me know if you need anythign else - would offer to meet up or you to pop in for a coffee but this is my mums last weekend so we are off out most of the day! Let me know how the search goes

Okay so relo's leave this weekend all very sad :cry: I hate saying goodbye to them! Just wondered if anyone fancied meeting up next Sunday at the Etta we had talked about it before maybe for a couple of hours in the afternoon??? I am not normally very good at organising these sorts of things but thought I would get the ball rolling - anyone up for it???

Hi Julie

How did the search go on the weekend around Glenwood did you have any luck seeing/finding anything??

Lynne

Hi all

julie

We have been here 8 days now and only got over the jet lag on day 5!

We are living in CBD for 2 more weeks , then hopefully have a house in castlehill.

Finding a home is very stressful , not all the houses are as nice as on the pics haha

good luck

Any luck with finding a place in Castle Hill yet? Are you still in CBD???

Always good when you make a decision on where you want to be and I don't blame you Castle Hills looks good too and if the commute is easier then that is half the battle with Sydney. There was talk earlier of meeting up this Sunday not too sure if that is going ahead now - I am still up for it if anyone else fancies it??

Hi Glenwood (Lynne) we loved Glenwood, but decided to settle in Castle Hill for house/commute reasons.

Be good to meet up with you/everyone around the area though soon?

For sure let's make another time, hope everything is ok.

I've been a bit rubbish at keeping up this week as I've been working over in Perth so another time suits us, hopefully soon.

Yep, my other half has had to go back to UK for family funeral, (only been here 7 days when we heard!) he's back next few days- we will be up for meeting up with everyone too. Keep us informed when.

Yep, my other half has had to go back to UK for family funeral, (only been here 7 days when we heard!) he's back next few days- we will be up for meeting up with everyone too. Keep us informed when.

Hi Julie - sorry to hear that it is never nice to get sad news - if you need anything whilst he is away then let me know

Lynne

Thanks Steve injured his back in work but on the mend and went back today so all good now. I would love to meet up in the next couple of weeks - we are away this weekend but would love to meet the following weekend if anyone is up for it. Like I said before we have a teenage soon so we are good on timings and will go with whatever suits in with everyone else.

Thanks Steve injured his back in work but on the mend and went back today so all good now. I would love to meet up in the next couple of weeks - we are away this weekend but would love to meet the following weekend if anyone is up for it. Like I said before we have a teenage soon so we are good on timings and will go with whatever suits in with everyone else.

Lynne

glad Steve on the mend, we will defo be up for a meet weekend after next. We've not met anyone yet, so that would be really nice. I will keep checking on here for timings from anyone else also up for meeting up. My other half (also Steve) will be up for that - we have twins aged 8. Are u on Facebook or twitter or have email?? If u rather I can just check on here for updates.

Hope everyone else's move and settling in going ok!! Only been in the hills couple of weeks but love it already!!

Lynne

glad Steve on the mend, we will defo be up for a meet weekend after next. We've not met anyone yet, so that would be really nice. I will keep checking on here for timings from anyone else also up for meeting up. My other half (also Steve) will be up for that - we have twins aged 8. Are u on Facebook or twitter or have email?? If u rather I can just check on here for updates.

Hope everyone else's move and settling in going ok!! Only been in the hills couple of weeks but love it already!!

Can we rename this site Steve's in Oz???? you girls make life difficult having different names lol.

We have a 4 year old so an afternoon at the Etta or something similar could be good, but were flexible like us he's easy with time. Also happy to facebook.

Steve

Havn't been on here for a while and for some reason not receiving notifications, me and oh are up for either 3rd or 4th our kids are older so thats not a problem so I am happy to go with the majority :biggrin:

I am more than happy to meet in the afternoon we have no plans that weekend at all (the footie season for Ry has not started yet). What day is going to be best for everyone else out of the 3rd or 4th March we can go with the majority then.