Family of 4 moving to Baulkham Hills/Castle Hill areas

Monkeynutzz

Hi all, Monkeynutzz and co arrived in Sydney yesterday (30th Jan). We are staying in the CBD until tomorrow and then heading up to Castle Hill for 10 weeks till stuff arrives from uk. Keep me informed of any get togethers on a weekend soon for newbies from uk.

Still jet lagged so off for some kip now.

Congrats! Enjoy yourselves - it's -4 here by the way! Brrrrr

Mark

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-4 can't even tell you how much I don't miss that!!

Can we come to the meet up too? Me, hubby and 2 kids (11 and 4 next week) would love to meet some people after 2 week of really only talking to each other :wink:

Tracey

Can we come to the meet up too? Me, hubby and 2 kids (11 and 4 next week) would love to meet some people after 2 week of really only talking to each other :wink:

Tracey

We've been here a while but love to meet up with others particularly couples with kiddies, we have a 3 year old coming upto 4 in April

We've been here a while but love to meet up with others particularly couples with kiddies, we have a 3 year old coming upto 4 in April

We must arrange!

Guest oldmarried

Have been told today that we will have a 3 bed aprt in Castle Hill as our temporary home for 8 weeks when we arrive. No more details than that. But at least we know where will be. Due to arrive 26th March.

Tracey

Will see you all soon for that beer! Flying out 6th April so not long now. Hoping we get a house sorted quickly like you Tracey!

Mark

It will be here before you know it Mark and im sure you will get sorted with the house quickly as you've done alot of ground work already

Lesley

Will see you all soon for that beer! Flying out 6th April so not long now. Hoping we get a house sorted quickly like you Tracey!

Mark

It will be here before you know it Mark and im sure you will get sorted with the house quickly as you've done alot of ground work already

Lesley

Hi chick,

Lesley You organising a get together (i'm up for that).....

I am living in the hills been here nearly 6 months although i feel i have lived here all our lives.... We love it... we have 2 kids 8 and 4.... we have made some amazing friends, son loves school and all the extra activities.... There is so much to do here. If anyone fancies meeting for coffee or advice i am up for that....

We were looking at a meet up at the etta mid feb as this was best for Glenwood and julia but as you know im free most days but if anyone want to meet earlier for a coffee then i'm also up for that.

I'm not much of an organiser so feel free to take over the role as I know you excel in this :notworthy:

Hi chick,

Lesley You organising a get together (i'm up for that).....

I am living in the hills been here nearly 6 months although i feel i have lived here all our lives.... We love it... we have 2 kids 8 and 4.... we have made some amazing friends, son loves school and all the extra activities.... There is so much to do here. If anyone fancies meeting for coffee or advice i am up for that....

Hi mevans12

The apartments we narrowed it down to in Castle Hill were The Westcorp apartments and The waterfront castle hill apartments. Both look fine - we need to decide between the two. We can't decide until we get there where abouts to live longer term- depends on schools etc. are you looking to stay longer term in Castle Hill?

Both of these are good, of the two the Waterfront apartments are closer to the shops & bus routes but marginally......the title made me laugh though...there's no "waterfront" in this area

OK I need to find out if some of these tag names belong to people I know, I'm guessing I do know some of you already.....

Whenever the catch up happens let me know.....I might even see a few of you in 10th??????

We were looking at a meet up at the etta mid feb as this was best for Glenwood and julia but as you know im free most days but if anyone want to meet earlier for a coffee then i'm also up for that.

I'm not much of an organiser so feel free to take over the role as I know you excel in this :notworthy:

No lesley your far better than me at organising.....

Found out this morning we will be at the Horizons apartments beside Castle Hill library.

That's about 10 mins from me....good location above the library, close to buses, shops, schools, I'm looking forward to meeting new people v.soon...if I can help in any way just let me know

Hi all

We have narrowed our search for a place to live. We will settle in either Castle Hill (where we are now) and we are going out at the weekend to have a look around Glenwood.

I have done a load of research around castle hill and we like here very much, but heard a lot of good things on this thread about Glenwood.

If anyone who is in Glenwood or knows this place well that can help me with these questions I would be most grateful...

1) which good primary public school is best (year 4 - I have 8 yr old twin boys)

2) How long on bus or in car does it take to get to North Sydney???

3) is there enough shops and local parks/cycle routes etc without having to get in a car??

Look fwd to hearing from anyone

julie

Hi all

We have narrowed our search for a place to live. We will settle in either Castle Hill (where we are now) and we are going out at the weekend to have a look around Glenwood.

I have done a load of research around castle hill and we like here very much, but heard a lot of good things on this thread about Glenwood.

If anyone who is in Glenwood or knows this place well that can help me with these questions I would be most grateful...

1) which good primary public school is best (year 4 - I have 8 yr old twin boys)

2) How long on bus or in car does it take to get to North Sydney???

3) is there enough shops and local parks/cycle routes etc without having to get in a car??

Look fwd to hearing from anyone

julie

Cant really comment on glenwood as i dont know to much about it but is fairly close to where i am....

1. The public schools here work on catchment areas. My 8 year old son goes to Barnier Public School and it is fantastic... It is in Quakers Hill although i am in the ponds area (just the way the catchment area is)... The other public i know is good is Rouse Hill...

2. Not sure about travel to sydney but there are Tways and train station fairly close to the areas your looking and i know there is a bus service about every ten mins to the city... Driving i have no clue...

3. If your looking for shopping centres most are accessable by car and they tend to be in main suberbs... There are many cycle paths around the best ones seem to be in the newer areas, although the newer areas dont tend to have the major shopping centres, just a few shops... There are parks everywhere... Hope that helps some

Found out this morning we will be at the Horizons apartments beside Castle Hill library.

I live about 50 metres from those apartments, good spot as Castle Towers shops & Restaurants are like 20 metres from there and Castle Hill RSL club is at the bottom of Castle Street. No need to worry about taking the car and finding parking quicker to walk to either.