Family of 4 moving to Baulkham Hills/Castle Hill areas

Monkeynutzz

I would love to meet up with people from the area so keep me in touch with anything planned! :biggrin: We have been in Oz for two years now but only just moved to Glenwood and it islike going back to the beginning all over again - plus side the Ettamogh is just down the road so the OH and I pop in for a beer on the weekend large outside area fro a beer in the sunshine

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

love to meet for coffee once the kids go back to school,its just the wait to see the schools thats bothering me a bit,this is our girls first time in an english speaking school as we lived in France for the past 6 years.From a tiny village school its a huge change for them.Our youngest is 7 but does not read yet in english.But i'm sure everything will be fine!!

julie

Guest mcauleyl30

Hi Glenwood

I am in the Ettamoagh very often as well :) great place n excellent facilities to keep the kids entertained, I am just up the road from it :) where did u live before oz? I hope u settle well into Glenwood, after 2 years in oz what do u think so far?

I am sure they will be fine kids are full of surpises but you wouldn't be normal if you didn't worry. My kids are 15 and 12 and on they first day at high school me and Neil couldn't settle until they had finished but they were both fine. Look forward to meeting up soon and try not to worry.

Hi

love to meet for coffee once the kids go back to school,its just the wait to see the schools thats bothering me a bit,this is our girls first time in an english speaking school as we lived in France for the past 6 years.From a tiny village school its a huge change for them.Our youngest is 7 but does not read yet in english.But i'm sure everything will be fine!!

julie

Hi Jon

Matthew Pearce school is one on our list to visit when we get out there. We have twins too aged 8. I need to have school walking distance as we will only have one car. So looking at living around B Hills. Do you Travel to CBD daily? If you do how long does it take? Also does your school have after school club? I need to look for a job when I get out too.

A week on Sunday.....eeekkkkkk

Hi Glenwood

I am in the Ettamoagh very often as well :) great place n excellent facilities to keep the kids entertained, I am just up the road from it :) where did u live before oz? I hope u settle well into Glenwood, after 2 years in oz what do u think so far?

Oh yes the Ettamoagh is a regular haunt for my OH and I you may see us there sometimes the couple sat on their own with mobile phones and no kids lol! Well we do have a boy but he is 15 now so not really wanting to hang out with mum and dad!!! We have often said we think we should move closer. We were in Canberra before Sydney moved here for OH's work he is an engineer in heavy industry and not a great call for that in Canberra. We love Oz I have to admit and have made some good friends in Canberra so the move here has been like starting all over again but not one that we regret in anyway! What about you how long have you been here and what do you think?

Hi All

what about a meet at the Ettamoagh ?? i have never beem but have driven by it quite a lot!

i got curious and looked it up after reading on here about it,it sounds good for the kids aswell.

Ooh, can we come as well. It's that funny place with the car on the roof isn't it?

Would love to meet up sounds good though I am doing the visitor thing at the moment so wouldn't be able to meet up until mid Feb but bring it on I am looking forward to meeting some more people :biggrin:

Sorry not v clear there I have my relo's over at the moment so pretty tied up wiht them at the mo!

Hi,

This is Jon's wife Sarah :em3600: we only have one car but Jon works at Norwest Business park so he walks to work and I have the car!

I know where the Eta pub is but never been there so up for a meet if you all go along. Once my two are in school in 2 weeks and 1 day time ;-) not that I'm counting or anything but they would have started in September which is when we left the UK so they've had an extended holiday while we settle into The Hills.

Wow think you derserve a medal and a drink I love my kids being off school but wow since september hats of to you. So its looking like mid Feb at the etta for a meet up looking forward to meeting you all have already met some lovely people off PIO so it will be great to meet a few more

Hi,

This is Jon's wife Sarah :em3600: we only have one car but Jon works at Norwest Business park so he walks to work and I have the car!

I know where the Eta pub is but never been there so up for a meet if you all go along. Once my two are in school in 2 weeks and 1 day time ;-) not that I'm counting or anything but they would have started in September which is when we left the UK so they've had an extended holiday while we settle into The Hills.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, Monkeynutzz and co arrived in Sydney yesterday (30th Jan). We are staying in the CBD until tomorrow and then heading up to Castle Hill for 10 weeks till stuff arrives from uk. Keep me informed of any get togethers on a weekend soon for newbies from uk.

Still jet lagged so off for some kip now.

Guest Marksthelens

We have been here 8 days now and only got over the jet lag on day 5!

We are living in CBD for 2 more weeks , then hopefully have a house in castlehill.

Finding a home is very stressful , not all the houses are as nice as on the pics haha

good luck

Welcome to Oz hope the move into Castlehill goes well, we stayed there when we first came over its a lovely area and good luck with the jet lag :SLEEP:

Hi all, Monkeynutzz and co arrived in Sydney yesterday (30th Jan). We are staying in the CBD until tomorrow and then heading up to Castle Hill for 10 weeks till stuff arrives from uk. Keep me informed of any get togethers on a weekend soon for newbies from uk.

Still jet lagged so off for some kip now.

Welcome to oz try not to get to stressed with the house hunting I know you see some right sights when your viewing but you will get there trust me :smile:

We have been here 8 days now and only got over the jet lag on day 5!

We are living in CBD for 2 more weeks , then hopefully have a house in castlehill.

Finding a home is very stressful , not all the houses are as nice as on the pics haha

good luck