thank you everyone

Guest jodie stott

Guest jodie stott

Hi guys. We moved to penrith in sydney a few months ago. I knew straight away that it was going to be hard to start all over again, and was fighting through, despite huge homesicknes, and a massive thought that i had made a mistake. But iv been coming on here every day, reading others posts, about feeling alone, and empty inside, this is such a lifeline to me, sitting here, alone every day with two children, who are also very sad and homesick. My husband loves it here, we sought out adventure three years ago and began the visa process, sold everything we had in scotland, and moved out here. I have loved seeing sydney, but its not a holiday, and whilst i do not regret coming here, my heart knows i need to get the kids back, but my husband wont leave yet, i do think i havent given this place enough time, so i will consider more time but unsure how much, as i can already feel myself getting more and more down. We have considered moving out of this area, but it is a huge cost, to move and for other areas. Also would mean moving kids schools again , and saving here for a bit to get the money, we have applied for some jobs in the gold coast. Im grateful to be here, i wish i could meet a family who had gone back after less that a year who can understand what im saying...thanks all u guys, theres people who look at these threads who are not even members , and its a comfort to many lonely souls xxxxx

Hi guys. We moved to penrith in sydney a few months ago. I knew straight away that it was going to be hard to start all over again, and was fighting through, despite huge homesicknes, and a massive thought that i had made a mistake. But iv been coming on here every day, reading others posts, about feeling alone, and empty inside, this is such a lifeline to me, sitting here, alone every day with two children, who are also very sad and homesick. My husband loves it here, we sought out adventure three years ago and began the visa process, sold everything we had in scotland, and moved out here. I have loved seeing sydney, but its not a holiday, and whilst i do not regret coming here, my heart knows i need to get the kids back, but my husband wont leave yet, i do think i havent given this place enough time, so i will consider more time but unsure how much, as i can already feel myself getting more and more down. We have considered moving out of this area, but it is a huge cost, to move and for other areas. Also would mean moving kids schools again , and saving here for a bit to get the money, we have applied for some jobs in the gold coast. Im grateful to be here, i wish i could meet a family who had gone back after less that a year who can understand what im saying...thanks all u guys, theres people who look at these threads who are not even members , and its a comfort to many lonely souls xxxxx

:hug: you're right this forum can give so much comfort when you are feeling like a fish out of water. Hopefully once you and the kids get settled and meet a few people it would help. Perhaps you should post on the meet ups section and see if there are any gatherings locally - take a deep breath and join in - you might meet some like minded people. Also why don't you tell yourself you are there for a few years and try to enjoy the adventure knowing at some point in the future you will come home. Also don't beat yourself up for not feeling settled - its a bit thing you have done - so well done for giving it a go.

All the best and keep in touch on here so you know you are not on your own.

You need to talk to Dawny - she and her family went back well within the year and they seem to be doing OK.

Personally I cant see the point in banging my head against the wall in the hopes that a different wall may not hurt quite as much but, there you go, horses for courses.

Cut and run I reckon. If you arent happy and you can rebuild some of the life you left behind without too many bridges having been burned then go for it. The longer you leave it the harder it gets especially if one of you loves it (and if he decided to put his foot down he could stop you taking the kids back even if you wanted to) and the goalposts change.

:hugs: to you, it isnt an easy position to find yourself in. I hope things work out for you one way or the other. And, at the risk of being boring, can I plug the Lifeline number again 131114 - there is a real person at the other end of the phone line who wont judge you but will be there for you and help you through the down days.

Hi

I totally understand how you are feeling. I have been here six months & l knew straight away that

it wasn't for me.

I find PIO is a great comfort and I'm so glad that you have found that to be the same.

I too think I might be back in the UK before our first year is up, but it's certainly not any kind of failure.

It takes courage to admit that it's not for you and we are not alone in feeling this way.

Maybe we should start a group for fellow PIO feeling the same.

Anyway I wish you all the very best & hope it all works out for you.

Guest jodie stott

Thanks so much for this !!! and the number !! i may just call, some days its all 2 much and im really lonely, and guilty that i took the kids away from all they knew in search of a better life, but hey, we tried ...

Guest jodie stott
You need to talk to Dawny - she and her family went back well within the year and they seem to be doing OK.

Personally I cant see the point in banging my head against the wall in the hopes that a different wall may not hurt quite as much but, there you go, horses for courses.

Cut and run I reckon. If you arent happy and you can rebuild some of the life you left behind without too many bridges having been burned then go for it. The longer you leave it the harder it gets especially if one of you loves it (and if he decided to put his foot down he could stop you taking the kids back even if you wanted to) and the goalposts change.

:hugs: to you, it isnt an easy position to find yourself in. I hope things work out for you one way or the other. And, at the risk of being boring, can I plug the Lifeline number again 131114 - there is a real person at the other end of the phone line who wont judge you but will be there for you and help you through the down days.

thanks so much for this, i may just call that number, some days i dont want to get up out of bed .... but i do. cheers again :)

Guest jodie stott

hey lottie, i would love to keep in touch with you, great to speak to someone, who is in a similar situation where are you living? when did the feeling sink in, and did you think it would go away?? do you have kids? does your partner agree?

hey lottie, i would love to keep in touch with you, great to speak to someone, who is in a similar situation where are you living? when did the feeling sink in, and did you think it would go away?? do you have kids? does your partner agree?

Hi Jodie

I am living in Queensland just north of Brisbane sorry it's not Sydney as I would have loved to meet up for

coffee, chat, support etc.

My sinking feeling started almost immediately & by 5 weeks I was ready to go back, not sure how I have got to

6 months.

I have a 19 year old who cannot get a job here or apprenticeship at the moment.

My husband really wants to give it more time & is trying desperately to get a job, his next interview is Friday.

Some days it's really hard knowing I was the one who wanted to come in the first place & now I'm the one

who thinks we should go back. It's such an emotional roller coaster & I too feel so lonely & lost most of the time.

If you would like to keep in touch please pm me.

Best of luck making your decisions & remember tomorrow is another day.

Sorry i missed this post!

We moved back to blighty very quickly for personal reasons!(kids happiness), we to thought of moving states, but came to the decision that if it wasn't working in one, why should it be any easier in another, sometimes you need to follow your heart and not your head! No regrets going to oz at all, far from it, just so much happier being home!

Im here if you wish to vent!

Guest jodie stott
Sorry i missed this post!

We moved back to blighty very quickly for personal reasons!(kids happiness), we to thought of moving states, but came to the decision that if it wasn't working in one, why should it be any easier in another, sometimes you need to follow your heart and not your head! No regrets going to oz at all, far from it, just so much happier being home!

Im here if you wish to vent!

Hi, can i ask how long you lived in oz for and where abouts? if i could i would take the kids back next week...... but i cant. What were the main things that really struck alarm bells for you. cheers so much .

Starting again ... and that's what we do isn't it is very hard. Re-establishing yourselves with homes, jobs, friendships etc. and all in an environment and structure that we're not familiar with is a massive task. We'd been here 10 months and we went away for the weekend and we realised that in 10 months we hadn't stopped - it had been like a whirlwind. I've never been truly homesick .. more people sick and that came and went (usually birthdays) and didn't stick around for any length of time. Glad PIO is helping you - you'll find that your feelings aren't unique to some extent the majoirity of us will have felt them to one degree or another.