What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

had quotes for shipping and looked at property in Australia on the net. Also a quick paint job in the sitting room in preparation for getting the house on the market on Monday. Stressful, busy times but hopefully it will all be worth it in the end

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have today listed 2 items on ebay (daughters old bed & hubbys power tool) and have bids already. Cancelled my water, tv license (got a refund) and poll tax, wrote up some details for the people who will be renting my property who have today passed all credit checks, filled in my shipping acceptance form (need to scan over to Masons). Hubby didn't have such a good day. He got pulled over in the company works van for wearing no seatbelt and the tyres were bald. Got £60 fine and 3 points on his license. When he got home, the garage door fell off its frame and collapsed. So looks like we are due for a new garage door, not to mention the bedroom window that decided to crack last week. Its his last day of getting up at 4:30am tomorrow. Hope the b*stards pay him. Last month they were 4 weeks late paying him. Need a guardian angel for the next few weeks please, April 4th D Day can't come soon enough!

Just taken my other-half to the airport for him to go to Melbourne, not really getting myself to Oz I suppose but part of the journey to get us both there. Thought I was prepared for the sad goodbyes but very surprised by how hard it has hit me (and him). Feeling heartbroken right now :-( but I know it's just for a few months and a step closer to us both being there.

Also on a happier note got another survey to quote for shipping our furniture over, just waiting for the quotes to roll in...

Good luck to everyone in their quest to get down under!

Guest asaandanirish

Seeing the solicitor to sign stat Dec... Then to scan and send it to migration agent.....

That's the absolute last paperwork they need to submit 457.... Hopefully Monday it will get submitted! Then meds on thurs... And hopefully a visa soon!

Haven't been on PIO late due to being so busy and tired from all the workI have done lately. Stripped back the garden and thrown out all the rubble and Rubbish from all the renovation projects (should have done it years ago!) Well that is a lesson learnt! I could have saved my hearing if I had done it earlier

Skip.jpg

Plan to put the house on the market, week after next come "Hell or High water".Ok have to go now as I still have so much to do, but very exciting times ahead.

Guest Gothic Rose

We have just booked our Shipping date on the 13th of March :jiggy:Decided to go with Pickfords after some negotiating. Will be getting separate insurance from Letton Percival. So in eleven days all the Boxes & Bed will be taken away & what ever is left we then have to sell. Fortunately we will have the Sofabed to sleep on, but the house will be weirdly empty.

We have booked shipping company for 19th march, a skip for the 20th, arranged leaving evenings with friends and colleagues and a family meal for the day before we fly.

The estate agent has asked us to drop the price on the house again and has arranged an open day for next weekend, so if no interest after that then we definitely need to rent it out.

Still need to put a few things on ebay

My hubbys current boss has offered to take us to the airport

Things ticking along in the back ground :-) just another week to see if all was well on my practical trade test , WA sponsorship forms are primed and ready to go..

Structural engineer chased ref house extention , still clearing anything of value oin ebay to help stay afloat / settle debts before the big move ..

Still no idea what so ever as to when i'll be heading to oz , June 2012 - september 2013 deffinatly between those 2 dates :-)

lee

Today I am having a day off! In the last 4 months I have sold my house moved to a new borough, covered 2 peoples job full time and still managed to secure every document needed to register with Aphra ( including an IELTS test)I got an e-mail from my migration team to say I have got a 100 % completed application for them to register now and the one job I thought i would test the waters with has been in contact as interested in me ( I may be reading it wrong but they seem quite interested) SO today I am going to get off the oz trial and do anything unrelated to moving or australian!! have a great weekend everyone :)

Guest Chantel

Been away for a few days. Car was a moving death trap and just took a healthy heap out of the money that was specifically put aside for hubby's visa application!!!! Now - how to get that money back!!!!

Guest jeffandclare

today I have been sleeping off the hangover I gave myself yesterday when I got straight 9s on my ielts!!!! Squeeaaakkk! Come on ACS and sort my skills assessment and come on Victoria and gimme 5 points!!!

Guest fayevans

Hi there! well done!!!! my husband has his test on Saturday, just out of interest could you say what level your english is to start with?? my husbands english skills are not good, but seeing people pass it's good to know what standard their level of English is?? were so worried about it all we have brought the IELTS books etc :( Thanks.

Regards Fay

Guest tandcmum

we are currently down in yorkshire visiting some family members, i've bought a dress for my leaving do at work, other than that i have done nothing towards getting to Oz. Shippers come a week tomorrow so the next week will be sorting everything out ready for them to come, then everything that is left will either have to be sold, packed or binned.

Next week we will also start getting in touch with council tax, virgin media etc and tell them our leaving date, looking at most of things like elctricity etc we will be in line for refunds which is all good.

Haven't been on PIO late due to being so busy and tired from all the workI have done lately. Stripped back the garden and thrown out all the rubble and Rubbish from all the renovation projects (should have done it years ago!) Well that is a lesson learnt! I could have saved my hearing if I had done it earlier

Skip.jpg

Plan to put the house on the market, week after next come "Hell or High water".Ok have to go now as I still have so much to do, but very exciting times ahead.

Well done WW!! You have worked like a Trojan this week and it shows. Know you're tired, so have a day off tomorrow! But back to the grindstone on Wednesday - I know you can do it now, see? :wink:

Been buying a last few bit's for my move to OZ ..... not long now ..... also bought my Mother and Father in law some chocolates and a Katherine Jenkin's CD / DVD for their anniversary, bought my SIL a birthday present and my sister an early birthday present, all in all a good day.

Oh and last night was spent looking at ghastly rentals ........ my OH has been out there since early Feb and the penny dropped with him two weeks into his move that I was not talking out of my %$£$ when I said that members of PIO had said finding a decent rental is nigh on impossible.

Guest Chantel

Have been feeling a bit deflated waiting for documents to return with no clue of when. I just received an email from my friend at Perth Births Deaths and Marriages saying that my Change of Name Certificate would be on it's way to me this week and then 2 minutes later (just now, while typing this) it popped through the post!!!!!! Happy DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::ssign19: