What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Guest Chantel
Also my husbands first lot of exam results (so he can work in the civi world) came in the post today. I'm sooooo flippin' proud of him. He had 8 exams over 4 days and got 100%, 93%, 100%, 93%, 98%, 97%, 100% and 95%. Just 1 more lot of exams to go..... Fingers crossed.

AC

Remarkable! :notworthy: Well done to him! Enjoy the celebrations.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tandcmum

well that was not very succesful, grabbed a load more teddies out of kids room so i think i literally just have what we will take in our luggage now left in their room, have filled one black bin liner full to go to the charity shop but lo and behold i still have 4 bags left sat in the shipping pile. My little girl loves her teddies and plays with so many of them all the time i just can't bear to throw any more out :(

Guest Chantel
well that was not very succesful, grabbed a load more teddies out of kids room so i think i literally just have what we will take in our luggage now left in their room, have filled one black bin liner full to go to the charity shop but lo and behold i still have 4 bags left sat in the shipping pile. My little girl loves her teddies and plays with so many of them all the time i just can't bear to throw any more out :(

Maybe you can compromise something else to make room for a few more? :wink:

Guest tandcmum

Maybe you can compromise something else to make room for a few more? :wink:
it should be fine, there is not that much more to put into the shipping pile anyway, if it looks like we are going to go over our space we can re-sort again

Guest tandcmum

that another 2 binliners filled with clothes :err: i now have a small pile of clothes to go in the shipping , another pile which will be dumped before we leave and hopefully everything else left will fit in our luggage...lol i hope i need to step away from the bin bags now and get ready for work, thats the only problem, once i start throwing things out i really get into the zone and can't stop

Guest guest17301

Thats not a bad thing Suzanne...I was left with half a wardrobe of 'things that had no place' that I ended up giving to my best mate the night before we flew as no more room in the cases!

Guest Gothic Rose

Today we had a guy from Pickfords come to quote, we have two other quotes already. The guy was very impressed with our organisation, we have done all our own packing & The Guy said we have done exceptionally well & he particularly commented on how well we'd packed all my Painting & Mirrors. He said in all his years he has never dealt with people who'd done all their research, knew the regulations so well ( Thanks PIO ) He loved the inventories we've prepared the first gives the dimensions of every box & the two pieces of Furniture we are taking & The second inventory lists every item in every box even down to a silver thimble, rather than saying things like " Kitchen Stuff " . As Thorn showed him out he asked " are you two what they call Goths ? he was an older man & Thorn Laughed & said Yes that's right, The man said we were a very well matched couple & highly organised, making us very pleasant & easy to deal with. So now we wait for his quote, Then let all three companies try to beat each others quotes. We have also spoken with a guy at Letton Percival about separate insurance. They are quoting 1.5 of total value. So as they we are getting there.

Today we had a guy from Pickfords come to quote, we have two other quotes already. The guy was very impressed with our organisation, we have done all our own packing & The Guy said we have done exceptionally well & he particularly commented on how well we'd packed all my Painting & Mirrors. He said in all his years he has never dealt with people who'd done all their research, knew the regulations so well ( Thanks PIO ) He loved the inventories we've prepared the first gives the dimensions of every box & the two pieces of Furniture we are taking & The second inventory lists every item in every box even down to a silver thimble, rather than saying things like " Kitchen Stuff " . As Thorn showed him out he asked " are you two what they call Goths ? he was an older man & Thorn Laughed & said Yes that's right, The man said we were a very well matched couple & highly organised, making us very pleasant & easy to deal with. So now we wait for his quote, Then let all three companies try to beat each others quotes. We have also spoken with a guy at Letton Percival about separate insurance. They are quoting 1.5 of total value. So as they we are getting there.

Hi gothic Rose, I wanted to do our packing as we have been from pillar to post with the army, but we were told (by Pickfords) that they have to pack everything for the 'customs satisfaction', how did you get around this?

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Well ..... I got me sunlounger out and sat in me living room in my speedo's with a knotted hankerchief on me head, opened a can of fosters and watched an episode of Home and Away, ....... Bloody marvelous, i can't wait to get there.:laugh::wink:

Well ..... I got me sunlounger out and sat in me living room in my speedo's with a knotted hankerchief on me head, opened a can of fosters and watched an episode of Home and Away, ....... Bloody marvelous, i can't wait to get there.:laugh::wink:

So when are you going ????????????????????????????????

Guest The Ropey HOFF
So when are you going ????????????????????????????????

When the wife says so ...... The women wear the trousers in every house. Lol

Guest Gothic Rose
Hi gothic Rose, I wanted to do our packing as we have been from pillar to post with the army, but we were told (by Pickfords) that they have to pack everything for the 'customs satisfaction', how did you get around this?

It wasn't so much a case of "getting around it", We had already done 95% of our packing before finding out some companies don't accept self packing. So when we contacted companies we explained that we'd self packed before inviting them to quote. What it means is that there is a chance customs may look at our stuff more rigourously & in terms of insurance we will be covered for everything except breakage. We have packed things very well so hopefully there wont be much breakage. Companies obviously prefer you to use them to pack as they charge for the service. Just Ask lots of questions from all the companies you deal with.

Booked my flight yesterday :cool: leave mid week next week.

I am just hoping that my little doggie will be fine and passes all of her blood tests.

We now have the import permit from AQUIS and are awaiting a certificate of equivalence now and then the blood tests can commence, all very exciting.

:jiggy: