What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Guest Chantel
have just sorted out our shippers, looking at them coming in about 2 weeks time to collect our stuff, we aren't sending much just some toys and books and dvd's and some personal effects, so the kids now have 2 weeks to sort out their toys, thats going to be interesting...lol

That's probably about all we will take as well, travel light I say! :biggrin: All the best with the kid's toys!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chantel
It sure does, but the drizzle today is making me impatient already, I haven't even sent it off yet!

Thankfully we don't have drizzle - yet! but it is grey! S.A.D really isn't my friend, grey skies make me want to hibernate! The feeling you will get of knowing that it's all posted and in the way will be very worth it! :yes:

Hello :cute:

What are you studying to be and how long have you got until you graduate? As long as you keep your dreams alive in your heart and make moves towards achieving the goals, all will sooner rather than later become reality.

Hi there Chantel, I'm studying early childhood at the moment and I'm in my second year (one year left!) after I've finished my degree I'll work for a year within an early years setting i.e daycare. During that time I'll be looking for employers who will hopefully sponsor my 457 application :cute: BUT I'm worried as people keep telling me I'll never get to Oz with the career choice I've chosen because nobody would want to hire me and it keeps getting me down :em4600: I'm only trying to do something I love (working with children) in a place I love (Australia)

Guest Chantel
Hi there Chantel, I'm studying early childhood at the moment and I'm in my second year (one year left!) after I've finished my degree I'll work for a year within an early years setting i.e daycare. During that time I'll be looking for employers who will hopefully sponsor my 457 application :cute: BUT I'm worried as people keep telling me I'll never get to Oz with the career choice I've chosen because nobody would want to hire me and it keeps getting me down :em4600: I'm only trying to do something I love (working with children) in a place I love (Australia)

Aaaawwwwww :hug: don't let the negative fears and failures of other people get you down. The fact that you have a passion for young children and you are dedicating yourself to working hard to qualify to worth with and help them, tells me that you will be very good at your job and you will be very employable. Maybe the people who are saying those things are jealous of your ability to have ambition and go for your dreams, maybe they are scared that they will lose you and miss you. Either way, stay focused and keep working hard, the time will soon fly and you will soon be exactly where you want to be.

Have you been to Australia before? where would you like to live once you get there. Chin up, you are on common ground here and you are surrounded by friendlies.

Chantel

Aaaawwwwww :hug: don't let the negative fears and failures of other people get you down. The fact that you have a passion for young children and you are dedicating yourself to working hard to qualify to worth with and help them, tells me that you will be very good at your job and you will be very employable. Maybe the people who are saying those things are jealous of your ability to have ambition and go for your dreams, maybe they are scared that they will lose you and miss you. Either way, stay focused and keep working hard, the time will soon fly and you will soon be exactly where you want to be.

Have you been to Australia before? where would you like to live once you get there. Chin up, you are on common ground here and you are surrounded by friendlies.

Chantel

:wubclub: THANKYOU CHANTEL! those are truly inspiring words for me! I am glad to have come across PIO, and I'm taking what you said as a motivating factor to keep working by butt off to get down under :yes: it may seem silly but I've been wanting to live in Australia since I was 14 and now I finally feel like I'm making my dream come true however far I have yet to go! thankyou again for lifting up my spirit and making me see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel xxx Raveena

Guest Chantel
:wubclub: THANKYOU CHANTEL! those are truly inspiring words for me! I am glad to have come across PIO, and I'm taking what you said as a motivating factor to keep working by butt off to get down under :yes: it may seem silly but I've been wanting to live in Australia since I was 14 and now I finally feel like I'm making my dream come true however far I have yet to go! thankyou again for lifting up my spirit and making me see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel xxx Raveena

It's not at all silly :cute: Every day you are closer and you are definitely way closer now than you were when you were 14. Your dreams are waiting to be lived just around the corner.

Chantel

Oh and to answer your question Chantel, no I have never been to Australia before but have fallen head over heels in love from watching Wanted Down Under, Phil Relocation Down Under (basically all the programmes to do with oz) and constantly googling lol! :cute: Queensland would be the perfect place for me, it looks gorgeous so I'll be looking for employers there hopefully :wink: but I'd live anywhere in Oz to be honest, the whole place is stunning! :cool:

Guest Chantel
Oh and to answer your question Chantel, no I have never been to Australia before but have fallen head over heels in love from watching Wanted Down Under, Phil Relocation Down Under (basically all the programmes to do with oz) and constantly googling lol! :cute: Queensland would be the perfect place for me, it looks gorgeous so I'll be looking for employers there hopefully :wink: but I'd live anywhere in Oz to be honest, the whole place is stunning! :cool:

Yo0u've got the bug! :wink: :laugh::wink: We're heading to Queensland. And we also have Oz T.V and google fever! lool :laugh:

Just thought I would touch base with my friends ...... not really much done to get me to OZ ........ apart from doing a bit of shopping, bought a few bits to wear for my arrival, had my hair done today. I am still waiting for the doggies import permit from aquis which I am told should be through this Thursday, I wish they would hurry up, once I get that I will let my OH book my flight, which if all goes according to plan will be for a week Wednesday.

I am staying with relatives at the moment, and feel it a bit rude to be on the PC all day even though I love PIO ....... hopefully shortly normal business can be resumed :biggrin:

Will post as soon as flight is booked and confirmed.

x x

Guest Chantel
Just thought I would touch base with my friends ...... not really much done to get me to OZ ........ apart from doing a bit of shopping, bought a few bits to wear for my arrival, had my hair done today. I am still waiting for the doggies import permit from aquis which I am told should be through this Thursday, I wish they would hurry up, once I get that I will let my OH book my flight, which if all goes according to plan will be for a week Wednesday.

I am staying with relatives at the moment, and feel it a bit rude to be on the PC all day even though I love PIO ....... hopefully shortly normal business can be resumed :biggrin:

x x

Hello Shoes,

Was wondering how you are going, and Mr Fabricator, he has been quiet. I am so excited for you, your big moving day is drawing ever nearer and you will soon be reunited with your lover man to embrace your new lives together! Hope the permits come through for you in a major hurry. Enjoy the rellies.

Chantel

Yo0u've got the bug! :wink: :laugh::wink: We're heading to Queensland. And we also have Oz T.V and google fever! lool :laugh:

I certainly do have the fever, and one I wish never goes away! :wink: Aaaaaaaah I see the beauty of Queensland is too good to resist lol and you'll have to keep me posted on life there once you make the move down under :yes:

x x

Atleast you will be there soon, god only knows when we will get the house sold. I am also working up on the Shetland's now (big differance from where I want to be) so can't get on PIO much. Hope your move happens soon.

Guest Chantel
I certainly do have the fever, and one I wish never goes away! :wink: Aaaaaaaah I see the beauty of Queensland is too good to resist lol and you'll have to keep me posted on life there once you make the move down under :yes:

:cute: will most certainly do that!

You should really do a reccie before spending loads of money training, getting a Visa and setting your heart upon moving to Oz. TV paints a very conformist picture of Australia where everything is neat and dandy. TBH if I only had TV to go on I do not think that I would be emigrating, the wonderful thing for me is that Australia is better then TV

Fixed the dishwasher at £102 for a part of which I only needed a part of if that makes sense, damned annoying !At least our buyers (when we find them) will get the benefit, hmph!!:mad:Worked out our dream house plan, just hope we can find a big enough plot at the right price and afford to build it !:goofy:
I hope the finished plans do not look like this

22862.jpg

They need to look more like this

bunker.jpg

Thermal mass and natural convection cooling is the way to go!:biglaugh:

Haven't post my progress for a while as I have been very busy sorting the House out for sale. Managed to change the plastering from D.I.Y to D.I.B.I.L ( Do it Brother in Law) job so it is now finished and we have begun the Tiling. BIL reckons he will not be sorry to see us go to OZ! (I wonder why) Busy painting Doors at the moment and I plan to cut tiles for the later tiling job. Managed to fill the skip to the 3/4 mark (no the neighbours did not help ) so I still have to fill it before Friday. So much to still do!

Hi there

I'm actually a childminder at the moment but we are going to Oz on a student visa where I'll be studying for children's certificate just to get us there. Hopefully my husband will be able to go back to his former employment which is painter and I'll be able to get work in a nursery or day care centre.

Also we've never been before but my hubby has family out there who sing it's praises so can't wait to get there!!!!!!!

You should really do a reccie before spending loads of money training, getting a Visa and setting your heart upon moving to Oz. TV paints a very conformist picture of Australia where everything is neat and dandy. TBH if I only had TV to go on I do not think that I would be emigrating, the wonderful thing for me is that Australia is better then TV

OOoops too late for me, not been before but money spent !:laugh:

Finally two positive viewings last Saturday and yesterday, the one yesterday said they would have offered on the spot if they had sold, oh well another tonight who are proceedable so all dangly bits crossed !