What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

We very probably will after we settle down a bit. :biggrin: Have to start off renting as we are renting here. I think it's great that you built your current house. I saw the pics when you posted the link up and you have a lovely home. Have you had a buyer yet?

Thanks for the compliments :wubclub:

We are 5 viewers in but no offers yet, another viewing tomorrow..........................

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tandcmum

well after a rocky start today we have actually made some pretty good progress. One car full of rubbish to the tip, the car is loaded for another trip tomorrow, we have several bags of clothes to go to the charity shop and the house is clean and tidy. We have also started putting stuff for shipping into one corner of a room and theres not much there yet at all.

Guest Chantel
Thanks for the compliments :wubclub:

We are 5 viewers in but no offers yet, another viewing tomorrow..........................

Hope you get your buyer soon. I'm sure the right person who will be able to come along with the right price will show up soon.

Guest Chantel
I transformed a perilously purple teenage bedroom into the beautiful blue teenage bedroom today. looks nice.

I love watching a room transform. It's very satisfying. :cute:

I really, really, really hope that today some docs and hubby's passport arrive in the post! Pleeeeeeeeaaaaasssseee! :yes:

Fingers crossed for you hun. I'm desperately hoping that my Aussie passport forms that I completed on line and requested to be posted (our printers not the best and would hate for them to saying wasn't up to standard!!!) will arrive ASAP. Especially as I have just over 1wk till my app, and need them signed by a friend :-/

AC

Guest Chantel
Fingers crossed for you hun. I'm desperately hoping that my Aussie passport forms that I completed on line and requested to be posted (our printers not the best and would hate for them to saying wasn't up to standard!!!) will arrive ASAP. Especially as I have just over 1wk till my app, and need them signed by a friend :-/

AC

Thank yoouuuuu :cute: waiting is so frustrating! I ordered our Aussie passport forms as well and they were very swift, got them within a couple of days, so you should be right. Thankfully, hubby's mum is a legal secretary so we were able to ask one of her solicitors to do our forms. Booked our appointment for passport renewals for the 12th...Can't wait! Just waiting for my family name registration doc to come back from Perth BDM. oooooh the tension of waiting for the postman! lol

Thank yoouuuuu :cute: waiting is so frustrating! I ordered our Aussie passport forms as well and they were very swift, got them within a couple of days, so you should be right. Thankfully, hubby's mum is a legal secretary so we were able to ask one of her solicitors to do our forms. Booked our appointment for passport renewals for the 12th...Can't wait! Just waiting for my family name registration doc to come back from Perth BDM. oooooh the tension of waiting for the postman! lol

Ooh I'm the 9th.... We could have caught up otherwise. Well it's been a week now and they're still not here! Saying that our friend is stuck overseas at the moment, but hopefully back in the next few days so he can sign them. Nothing in the post again today so I've treated myself to a ....... Bum bag, lol. Never thought I'd be. Owner of one, let alone a proud owner! It'll keep me excited about checking the post anyway :0) and also ordered the girls bits for on the plane.

AC

Today I have scanned our police certificates from Dubai and emailed them to our CO and now am off to walk the dogs and then more painting......SO bored of painting ....zzzzzzzz

I officially HATE painting! Two rooms to go then I'm done. Why on earth do they put Matt paint in a rental!!! Stupidly I put up some pictures for the girls using blu tac (white tac) and its left oil marks. Also they only had Matt paint in the ensuite so here's lovely marks all over the walls from the steam :-/

AC

Guest tandcmum

a few more bits ticked off this morning, mainly phonecalls that needed doing. Phoned TV license and they made absolutely no sense at all, pay another months direct ebit and get 3 months refund, dont pay another month and get 6 months refund but we cant watch tv for the last 3 weeks we are in the country.mmmmm i wonder what i would rather have, we rarely watch tv anyway and im sure the tv will be gone before then, off to cancel the direct debit...lol

also got my form for freezing my nhs pension, and sorted out final payment for my computers through work scheme

couple of hours left of the morning then back to work today, only 7 weeks left at work and 8 and a half till we fly :)

Guest Chantel
Ooh I'm the 9th.... We could have caught up otherwise. Well it's been a week now and they're still not here! Saying that our friend is stuck overseas at the moment, but hopefully back in the next few days so he can sign them. Nothing in the post again today so I've treated myself to a ....... Bum bag, lol. Never thought I'd be. Owner of one, let alone a proud owner! It'll keep me excited about checking the post anyway :0) and also ordered the girls bits for on the plane.

AC

Wow! I don't understand why you have been waiting so long, I hope they get there 'bums' into gear and 'bag' you a few forms in the post asap!!! (Sorry! :laugh::eek: I know, awful puns) I'm still waiting for our postie :mad: like a fanatic footie fan - Come onnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!! lol

Guest Chantel
Application all complete......Checked and rechecked......envelope sealed......Just got to get to the postie this arvo and away she goes:cool:....Now the waiting starts:eek:

that must feel great! oooh exciting!

Wow! I don't understand why you have been waiting so long, I hope they get there 'bums' into gear and 'bag' you a few forms in the post asap!!! (Sorry! :laugh::eek: I know, awful puns) I'm still waiting for our postie :mad: like a fanatic footie fan - Come onnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!! lol

Just had a little panic so have requested 3 blank forms to be sent out. Hopefully one lot will arrive as I'm not changing my appointment after already buying the train tickets!

Hope your bits arrive today.

As for the pun........ No comment :-P

AC

Guest Chantel
Just had a little panic so have requested 3 blank forms to be sent out. Hopefully one lot will arrive as I'm not changing my appointment after already buying the train tickets!

Hope your bits arrive today.

As for the pun........ No comment :-P

AC

Postie just came...nothing but bills!!! :cry:

Guest Chantel
Now thats just Pants!!!

And to top off my morning it's nearly time to do the pre school run. I've not done a single productive thing around the house, all because I keep looking on here. Arghhhhh........ Thank golly the hubby is away and I have till fri to do a mad clean!

AC

ain't it just! :confused:

And thank you, and that was the kick up the bum I need as well. Have a good one!

Today, so far I have made 2 of 3 important phone calls. Northwood are now seeing us tomorrow morning instead of Wed, and a letter I needed for the bank is being typed and emailed to me this afternoon. There was no WDU this morning so not very happy about that... Will have to settle for Aussie Master Chef this afternoon, it's way more exciting than the UK one!!

Going to have some lunch now, beans on toast... Yummy

Guest tandcmum

have just sorted out our shippers, looking at them coming in about 2 weeks time to collect our stuff, we aren't sending much just some toys and books and dvd's and some personal effects, so the kids now have 2 weeks to sort out their toys, thats going to be interesting...lol

Guest Chantel
I will be holding thumbs for you!

There goes those thumbs again :biggrin: thank youuuuuu :cute: please keep holding them for tomorrow, postie just bought me nothing but bills :cry: but hang on, hubby's passport at least will come via courier :ssign19: there's hope!!! :biggrin:

hope the week brings nothing but blessings your way! :yes: