What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had two more viewings this afternoon. The first couple were apparantly quite interested (or maybe that's just estate agent optimism) and they have already had an offer on their house. I don't think the second couple were interested at all. Ho hum. their loss.

Guest Duckymomo

We had 2 viewings on our house this afternoon also, but the estate agent didn't phone us to let us know how it went so we're left wondering until Monday. I did try to phone him but got voicemail, argh.

We had 2 viewings on our house this afternoon also, but the estate agent didn't phone us to let us know how it went so we're left wondering until Monday. I did try to phone him but got voicemail, argh.

Hate the waiting game... Never ends with this Oz journey does it! Hang in there.

Hi AJW, we are renting through an online estate agency which happens to be owned by my cousin. I uploaded some photos onto the site and waited for the enquiries to roll in. I live in a small village in kent and my tenant happens to be an acquaintance who heard about it via word of mouth so we are lucky. Still lots to do eg gas check and epc and a few repairs to do around the house but we will get there! The house will be fully managed whilst we are away and we will have to send money home to cover the shortfall :frown:

Today i have been making the most of the sunshine and scrubbing bikes and patio set with jeyes fluid. What a disgusting smell, it made me feel sick!! But not sick enough to treat enjoy an indian takeaway tonight. More scrubbing tomorrow - friend coming over to buy kids trampoline, fix broken garage doors, clear garage again! list is never ending...

Hi AJW, we are renting through an online estate agency which happens to be owned by my cousin. I uploaded some photos onto the site and waited for the enquiries to roll in. I live in a small village in kent and my tenant happens to be an acquaintance who heard about it via word of mouth so we are lucky. Still lots to do eg gas check and epc and a few repairs to do around the house but we will get there! The house will be fully managed whilst we are away and we will have to send money home to cover the shortfall :frown:

Thanx MrsBee

That sounds great, we're going to have to rely on a management company. Northwood offer guaranteed rental, just hope they want to take on our property. We may have a shortfall as well as our mortgage is quiet high. Is there a simple way to transfer money from Oz every month?

Guest tandcmum

I actually don't feel like doing anything towards going to Oz today, is that normal???? To be honest today we are going to have to tidy and clean our flat for the estate agents to come round tomorrow and value it and take pics. It's not even our flat and we are being co-operative with the landlords but we could do without it at this stage if you know what i mean as the place is a tip as we have bin liners everywhere stuf pulled out of cupboards etc.

we are 8 weeks and 5 days away from flying and although the important stuff is done like flights booked, hotels on route booked, everything organised of when we arrive in Oz, the shipping and house sorting is just nowhere near and it's geting me stressed. I don't think the horrendous drained feeling i have following my nights is helping either :(

Guest gerry22
Thanx MrsBee

That sounds great, we're going to have to rely on a management company. Northwood offer guaranteed rental, just hope they want to take on our property. We may have a shortfall as well as our mortgage is quiet high. Is there a simple way to transfer money from Oz every month?

be careful with northwood ,you wont get anywhere near your full rental potential.....my mortgage payment was 800. pm thy told me i bwould get 725 ish but once there fees came off 500 was all i would take away...

be on your guard.....

Guest gerry22

you can keep an account in uk open , just move to online banking.. and transfer each month online .. a transfer takes 2-3 days, or just pay it via a credit card and pay it bak off in oz.......

I actually don't feel like doing anything towards going to Oz today, is that normal???? To be honest today we are going to have to tidy and clean our flat for the estate agents to come round tomorrow and value it and take pics. It's not even our flat and we are being co-operative with the landlords but we could do without it at this stage if you know what i mean as the place is a tip as we have bin liners everywhere stuf pulled out of cupboards etc.

we are 8 weeks and 5 days away from flying and although the important stuff is done like flights booked, hotels on route booked, everything organised of when we arrive in Oz, the shipping and house sorting is just nowhere near and it's geting me stressed. I don't think the horrendous drained feeling i have following my nights is helping either :(

but your so close.. do you have everything in place or is it getting overwhelming?

you can keep an account in uk open , just move to online banking.. and transfer each month online .. a transfer takes 2-3 days, or just pay it via a credit card and pay it bak off in oz.......

i wouldnt trasfer money from bank to bank as you get a bad exchange rate, you need to use someone like HALO who would get you a much better rate, i intend to to simply trasfer any outstanding loans onto my oz account. not sure as yet if thats the best option or not.

Guest fayevans
Been chasing my agent and vetassess for a tech interview or practical assessment date, waiting waiting waiting ,

Also did a bit of work on the house , 3rd valuation on thursday morning :-)

lee

Hi there i am new to all of this?? we have just packaged up our vetassess paperwork but it took 5 months!!! can you tell me what paperwork comes after vetassess forms?? My husband has to do the General IELTS english exam on the 10th of march :(

Guest tandcmum
but your so close.. do you have everything in place or is it getting overwhelming?

it's all a it overwhelming to be honest. Important stuff done, we can get to oz, we have places to stay when we get to brisbane and we have everything organised in Townsville, it's just sorting the stuff out this end that isn't happening. At the end of the day i guess anythig that hasn't been sold could all just be collected by the red cross, it's just getting the time and energy to do it all. I'm just tired and grumpy, i'll be fine when i've recovered from my nights

be careful with northwood ,you wont get anywhere near your full rental potential.....my mortgage payment was 800. pm thy told me i bwould get 725 ish but once there fees came off 500 was all i would take away...

be on your guard.....

I will, thank you. Our mortgage is £630, we don't mind paying a small shortfall from Oz, but will see what they have to offer... Fingers crossed it's doable...

Today OH did a trip to the skip, I finished high-pressure cleaning all the paving. So now the garden is ready for tenants, all they have to do is mow the lawn and sweep decks & paving, easy job!!

Tomorrow I have 3 important phone calls to make... I am so worried this madness is going to end in disaster, but I'm trying to remain positive!

Guest Chantel
Today OH did a trip to the skip, I finished high-pressure cleaning all the paving. So now the garden is ready for tenants, all they have to do is mow the lawn and sweep decks & paving, easy job!!

Tomorrow I have 3 important phone calls to make... I am so worried this madness is going to end in disaster, but I'm trying to remain positive!

It will all be fine. Don't worry. :wubclub:

Fixed the dishwasher at £102 for a part of which I only needed a part of if that makes sense, damned annoying !

At least our buyers (when we find them) will get the benefit, hmph!!:mad:

Worked out our dream house plan, just hope we can find a big enough plot at the right price and afford to build it !:goofy:

Guest Chantel
Fixed the dishwasher at £102 for a part of which I only needed a part of if that makes sense, damned annoying !

At least our buyers (when we find them) will get the benefit, hmph!!:mad:

Worked out our dream house plan, just hope we can find a big enough plot at the right price and afford to build it !:goofy:

So exciting! I'd love to build my own house. I would pick some where high among the palms and tropical rainforest with ocean views and then I would have all of the walls floor to ceiling with glass to make the most of of the beauty outside. The main lounge and master would benefit from this and be at the front of the house with a wide veranda wrapping around the outside.

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dreaming :cute:

So exciting! I'd love to build my own house. I would pick some where high among the palms and tropical rainforest with ocean views and then I would have all of the walls floor to ceiling with glass to make the most of of the beauty outside. The main lounge and master would benefit from this and be at the front of the house with a wide veranda wrapping around the outside.

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dreaming :cute:

Well it will be our second time but it's a completely different process in Oz than here it seems !

Why don't you look into it, anyone can do it if you are willing to work hard for it !

Guest Chantel
Well it will be our second time but it's a completely different process in Oz than here it seems !

Why don't you look into it, anyone can do it if you are willing to work hard for it !

We very probably will after we settle down a bit. :biggrin: Have to start off renting as we are renting here. I think it's great that you built your current house. I saw the pics when you posted the link up and you have a lovely home. Have you had a buyer yet?

Guest Chantel
what have i done today to get to oz? ......well I've had my head down doing uni assigments, and with the thought constantly at the back of my mind that getting the degree is one step closer to living my dream down under......hopefully! :angel_happy_face_ha

Hello :cute:

What are you studying to be and how long have you got until you graduate? As long as you keep your dreams alive in your heart and make moves towards achieving the goals, all will sooner rather than later become reality.