What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tandcmum

woohoo i've finished my nights, going to sleep for a few hours today then get up and enjoy my evening, think we might go out for some tea at frankie and bennys as we have a voucher. Then this weekend i'm going to chill and tidy and clean the house as there is someone coming to value it and take pics on monday (we are renting it, but landlords had decided to sell anyway before we told them we were moving out, omen or what) I need to go text my boss my dates for leaving, annual leave before i leave etc now too so sh can put it all into the roster

Ok, I've contacted a shipping company that was recommended by a friend and they are coming next Friday to give us a quote. Things are going to have to move very quickly to get OH to Oz by 30 April... Yeah they gave us another month to get sorted, but that's it, there will be no more waiting on their side!! Fingers crossed... Very very scared now, it's all very very real or it's not going to happen at all... Either way, very scary!! :sad:

spoke with my university just now, they now have my degree transcript ready to post early next week. FFS only took them 5 weeks longer than they said it would.

Hi Gordon

Was your transcript not on the back of your degree? i didnt have a clue where to get mine until a friend told me it was with the dgree certificat, on the back...

Hi Gordon

Was your transcript not on the back of your degree? i didnt have a clue where to get mine until a friend told me it was with the dgree certificat, on the back...

hi heather, you know im not sure, i will have a look and see, the advice i got was that the transcript needed to be sent directly from the university or if you got a copy of it then it needed to be certified by an notary. Hence i went to my university but i thought all i had to do was pay for it they would print it and send it but it has to go via all the student record policy jargon. How p**s*d will i be if it’s on the back of my degree cert.

Well, hello everyone! been lurking on here for a while and feel I should finally post and share with likeminded friends! Been furiously painting and sprucing the house all week for some house viewings yesterday and have a tenant agreed today! Flights already booked for 4th April - Heathrow to Perth. Booked the shippers today to come on the 2nd and 3rd April. So today I'm feeling cream crackered and had a "day off" - but still found time to order a few new t shirts in the sales online in preparation for those days at the beach I am so looking forward to!

Guest Chantel
woohoo i've finished my nights, going to sleep for a few hours today then get up and enjoy my evening, think we might go out for some tea at frankie and bennys as we have a voucher. Then this weekend i'm going to chill and tidy and clean the house as there is someone coming to value it and take pics on monday (we are renting it, but landlords had decided to sell anyway before we told them we were moving out, omen or what) I need to go text my boss my dates for leaving, annual leave before i leave etc now too so sh can put it all into the roster

You must be relieved! Enjoy Frankie And Benny's :yes:

Guest Chantel
Well, hello everyone! been lurking on here for a while and feel I should finally post and share with likeminded friends! Been furiously painting and sprucing the house all week for some house viewings yesterday and have a tenant agreed today! Flights already booked for 4th April - Heathrow to Perth. Booked the shippers today to come on the 2nd and 3rd April. So today I'm feeling cream crackered and had a "day off" - but still found time to order a few new t shirts in the sales online in preparation for those days at the beach I am so looking forward to!

Hello,

Nice to hear from you! You will love Perth! pack a couple of jumpers as well as in the winter it can drop from 25 - 15 in a day and you certainly feel the difference. You must be so excited! All the very best.

Chantel

Guest Chantel
i have saved money by not going to the pub :)

It's tempting to do stuff that that isn't it? we splashed away a few hundred last weekend for our anniversary. We had a fabulous time, wouldn't change that, but wish we still had the money!

Today I've gone to DHL to ship another set of documents to our migration agent in Melbourne for VETASSESS! I thought the dossier was complete but it wasn't... :( Ah well! At least it's gone out of the door now!

Chantel, just wanted to say am loving your new avatar! The fringe really suits you! :)

Guest Hacking family

Watched WDU, it made me cry, dad came round for lunch and we had a heart to heart about the impending move, almost cried again even though he is being very supportive. My visa documents have still not arrived in Oz so i tracked them and somehow they have arrived in New York where they have been awaiting dispatch for 4 days now, spoke to royal mail customer services who were very unhelpful arrgghh almost cried again. Braved the loft and got another car full ready for the tip - no i didn't cry !!!!!! Also searching for a place to rent here in the Uk as we think we may be homeless by Easter, to say I am a little stressed is an understatement, but trying to keep smiling and dreaming of the day we arrive in Perth.

Guest Chantel
Today I've gone to DHL to ship another set of documents to our migration agent in Melbourne for VETASSESS! I thought the dossier was complete but it wasn't... :( Ah well! At least it's gone out of the door now!

Chantel, just wanted to say am loving your new avatar! The fringe really suits you! :)

Why, thank you very much Sephie :cute: that was taken on Saturday at the Lycium theater when we were waiting for the Lion King performance to start!

Guest Chantel
Packed my daughters suitcase, started packing my hand luggage. Went shopping again!! Most of the furniture going on sunday, moving into family's house for four nights.

Soooooooo exciting! All the best!

Hello MrsBee

Excuse me for being nosy, but are you letting your house out privately or with an agent? My OH has to be in WA by 30th April... Needless to say we are panic stations here! We haven't managed to sell and have been exploring the rental options, but now have no more time, we need to get things sorted out asap. I have Northwood seeing us on Wednesday, just hope they are the answer to our prayers...

Anyway just curious. :em3600:

Packed my daughters suitcase, started packing my hand luggage. Went shopping again!! Most of the furniture going on sunday, moving into family's house for four nights.

Good luck, exciting, frightening, sad to leave Bonnie Scotland but all the best on your adventure. I say from experience...15 years ago, Edinburgh to Sydney and haven't looked back.:ssign18:

Today we got up nice and early to get started cleaning out the sheds and tidying up the garden. Got a pile of sh!t ready for the tip tomorrow, high pressure cleaned the driveway and path... Just to do the paving down the side of the house now. Very very busy, but now that I've stopped, I can't stop worrying about the what ifs???

Yeah Chantel the fringe is lovely!

Guest Chantel
Today we got up nice and early to get started cleaning out the sheds and tidying up the garden. Got a pile of sh!t ready for the tip tomorrow, high pressure cleaned the driveway and path... Just to do the paving down the side of the house now. Very very busy, but now that I've stopped, I can't stop worrying about the what ifs???

Yeah Chantel the fringe is lovely!

Aaaawwwwwww AJW Thank you! :cute:

and don't worry, all will be fine. Positive thoughts.