What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Guest TILLY BLOT
We do what we do when we do it because it feels and calculates to be the right thing to do at the time, so try not to dwell too much on shoulda woulda coulda's. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, your time apart is proof of just that. I understand, my husband and I find it very difficult to be apart from each other, and being so very far apart I can imagine only feels worse in that knowledge. Remember this: when you look up at the sky you are both standing under the same sun, the same moon, and the same stars. Tonight, if the sky is clear, look to the sky, and see if you can spot Orions Belt, it is a group of stars made up of 3 in a direct row and then a 4th star which completes a triangle with the 3. No matter where you are in the world, you can see the same sky which warms the heart knowing that distance is a more of a psychological phenomenon than a physical one. Your time will come, and I pray that it only comes fast for you and everything will miraculously come into line and work in your greatest favor. Imagine the joy and the closeness when you are reunited! Chantel

.....We managed to get a photo of Orions Belt last week - it was a freezing cold night (-11.5 degrees) but perfectly clear !!

Watching stars.jpg

moonscape_16.jpg

Watching stars.jpg

moonscape_16.jpg

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chantel
Today I take the keystone the estate agent. I am doing a last clean..

Tomorrow we leave for SYdney via SIngapore!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO exciting! wow! I hope you are able to sleep and sit still over the next few hours. All the very best, have a fantastic and safe flight! Go live the dream!!!!!

Guest tandcmum

STILL on nights, it is really doing my head in being so useless at the moment. By the time i finsh my nights we will be 9 weeks away from flying and only 6/7 weeks away from leaving work. I'm strugling to decide how long i want to be off work for before we go, iknow there will be loads to do but on the other hand i think too much time might drive me insane.

Hi all,

New to the site since my partner was offered a position in Melbourne, he's off next week and I'm off hopefully end of April - feeling daunted by all there is too do and also deciding when to finish work.

Anyway since I got my visa last week (woohoo!!) have now started making plans and today had the first of 4 shipping companies in to quote for our furniture and car shipping. I have to say, talking through with them about shipping our stuff made it feel much more real, exciting but very very scary!!! And we haven't got the quote back yet, so it might get even more scary... :-)

Good luck everyone making the move!

Hi there I'm also fairly new to the site. I watched WDU, chased estate agents as had no viewings yet then emailed college where I want to go on Gold Coast. I've paid for student visa application and spent most of the day trawling through PIO!!!!

So impatient to get started and get over there!!!!

All the best to those going soon!!!!

Guest Chantel

Today I made a blog website for our friends and family who are a little thrown back and concerned about us making the move. I included information about our research, the area we are moving to, and hubby's visa process. You can check it out if you like at http://chantelmessianist.blog.com/ My family are easy to persuade about us making the move, they have lived in Australia and hugely regretted coming back to England all of these years later. Hubby's family are supporting us but some with a bit of a brave face, to them it's more of a trip into the unknown and they are understandably concerned. The aim of the blog is to hopefully help reassure them.

Oh and hubby started filling in his Police Check form :wink:

Guest tandcmum

emotional wreck today, that will be the nightshift causing it. after 7 nights on my body has no clue what it is supposed to be doing and has given up fighting. suppose i should get used to it though cos in 9 weeks it wil be doing it again, although i hope the sunshine and the excitement will help with switch around

tandcmum, hope you will be able to recover quickly!

Last night, our cat sitter sent me an email to ask if we wanted to book her services as she was also booked for 3 weeks in July (around the time we were thinking of going for a reccie/recce? trip to Oz) around the area that we live. So if had booked her, she wouldn't have charged us for transportation fees (she lives 10 km away).

So we have booked her for our trip! :) Now comes the actually planning and dates to travel!

Lots and lots of IELTS practice tests as my test is in 16 days and counting.

Bricking it! Need good scores!

Major thanks to Mapster for sending me the papers, she's a star!

Good Luck!:smile:

I've sent off my forms this morning to book my academic IELTS exam 17th March. Was hoping to do it a bit sooner really but most places I was considering were booked up. Well, that's the first step ... and the first cheque of the process gone! Hope I can get my 7's first time.

Guest Chantel
Today I booked a one-way flight from Glasgow to Perth :biggrin:

Absolutely flippin brilliant! so happy for you! Remember to go to the view point in Kings Park, go to the top and enjoy the scenery! :wink:

Well we have just been hit with a brick :em0300: OH's employer has given us a D-day (31 March 2012) we have asked them a few times when they would want OH to start but they have always said don't worry, just keep us informed of your progress, which we have done!!!

House is still not sold, renting it out is still not sorted out, we have no money for tickets cause house is not sold, it's going to be a difficult night and a hard month, but even if all hell freezes over he will be on a flight to Oz before the D-day...

Wish us luck!!

Guest Chantel
Well we have just been hit with a brick :em0300: OH's employer has given us a D-day (31 March 2012) we have asked them a few times when they would want OH to start but they have always said don't worry, just keep us informed of your progress, which we have done!!!

House is still not sold, renting it out is still not sorted out, we have no money for tickets cause house is not sold, it's going to be a difficult night and a hard month, but even if all hell freezes over he will be on a flight to Oz before the D-day...

Wish us luck!!

This is not a big brick hitting you, it's a blessing! this is your optune moment to get everything kick started in a new and refreshing way. The job start date is the foundation of your move, so as long as the foundation is strong, don't worry about the odd brick! and you don't need luck, just a positive attitude and full motivational action. You CAN do it!!! :em3600:

Guest Chantel
This is not a big brick hitting you, it's a blessing! this is your optune moment to get everything kick started in a new and refreshing way. The job start date is the foundation of your move, so as long as the foundation is strong, don't worry about the odd brick! and you don't need luck, just a positive attitude and full motivational action. You CAN do it!!! :em3600:

...In addition, when your positive energy is right, blessings start to flow. The money that you need will come. Abandon doubt and worry, and look forward to your future with a full on positive mental attitude...

Instead of sitting here moping because hubby needs a rocket up his backside, today I decided to make a list of EVERY SINGLE THING we need to do before we can put the house up for sale and worked out that we will need 38 full days of God damn hard work. Sooooooooooooo if he decides he's working again this weekend I will rip the bloody wardrobes and bedroom carpet out myself!!!!!!!!! (can't be that hard can it?) :arghh:

Wish us luck!!

Good luck!!!!

You'll be fine! You'll be surprised how much you can get done in 1 month!! Figure out what you can sell to get tickets first and then just keep working at the rest X