What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent the day trying to juggle work and argunig witht he agent over the fact that the Vetasses practical assessments are booked up for Feb even though we have been on a waiting list since Nov!!! Worst day in the Oz move process!!

Thats shocking hun , i do hope they have put u on automaticly ,

I mailed vetassess today as i had paid for the tech interview , then they inform me that its not an option for my trade as no assessors available , so i confirmed that i would do the practical assessment on the 25th , Just heard back 10 mins ago that im on it , and they have also wavered the $100 extra that it should have been for the practical . Jaime Ng is the guy from vetassess that im in corrospondence with , jaimen@vetassess.com.au , if you know any of your assessment details , case / client number etc , drop him a mail and he may have a look for you , he seems decent enough , ( but dont tell him that i gave you his email , ha ha )

Hope you get sorted ..

lee

Finally decided on the shippers we are using after managing to get them down a bit on the price! Reduced the price of our house and asked the estate agents to reduce our house price by $15k! Hopefully they will all be knocking themselves out to buy it!!!! Only a few more weeks then we will have to rent it out!

Finally decided on the shippers we are using after managing to get them down a bit on the price! Reduced the price of our house and asked the estate agents to reduce our house price by $15k! Hopefully they will all be knocking themselves out to buy it!!!! Only a few more weeks then we will have to rent it out!

Fingers crossed for a quick buyer for you

Est :biggrin:

Today my contribution was to finish work early as I have lost all interest now and cant wait to get on the plane in 3wks!

Was only going to validate visa but think I will be staying there for good as I dont think I will want to come back once I get there so I have started to tie up loose ends and Sue has has put her car up for sale.

So much to do! So little time!!

today i have searched for and found a crate to send all my stuff in, result, next step it to sell my stuff i will be leaving. garage sale everyone.,,,.,,.,..,.,

Ditto that - car boot sales every week now until all the stuff has gone - or else its to the tip we go ...

got a text from my old MD stating that the Australian High Commision had emailed him asking him to confirm all the details on my ref are crrect and that he wrote the ref in the first place, We had a major fall out a few weeks ago re our old company. I've got that horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach:cry:

Today my contribution was to finish work early as I have lost all interest now and cant wait to get on the plane in 3wks!

Was only going to validate visa but think I will be staying there for good as I dont think I will want to come back once I get there so I have started to tie up loose ends and Sue has has put her car up for sale.

Can't say I blame you! You won't wanna come back once you are out there!

Result!!!!

We have just sold a load of our house contents to the new owners - that a few less bit to have to try and get rid of and a few more $$$ for the pot :laugh:

Thats what I've done today :wink:

Est

That is great thinking, I just hope that our future house buyers will want some of the contents, but so, somehow I doubt it. I suspect that i will be giving it away!

today i have searched for and found a crate to send all my stuff in, result, next step it to sell my stuff i will be leaving. garage sale everyone.,,,.,,.,..,.,

How big is the crate how about a pic

I don't blame you for losing interest, I lost interest about a year ago chucked it in and now I'm looking after the kids and fixing the house up for sale!

got a text from my old MD stating that the Australian High Commision had emailed him asking him to confirm all the details on my ref are crrect and that he wrote the ref in the first place, We had a major fall out a few weeks ago re our old company. I've got that horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach:cry:

I would n't worry M8, if he signed your ref its unlikely that he would say its not correct it would be like saying that he lied.

I had masons around to estimate shipping costs....I have to start my job in less than 2 months.

I also have put stuff on eBay!!!

I keep on putting off listing the stuff I want to sell on EBAY it is such a pain !

I informed schools kids were leaving, packed another 8 boxes, bought new cabin luggage! omg running out of time still have to sell car!
Are the kids school going to give you records to take with?