What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

OMG I've had the grilling... sorry interview. And I will find out in the next few days if I have got the job. It was only going to be a 30 min interview which turned in to best part of an hour. All I can say is do your research for the job you are going for and ensure you have planned well.

Oh well time to sit back and wait................................again..............................................I have a degree in waiting.........................................................

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well today I hvae been out trying to buy Jeyes fluid to clean my shoe collection, but could not find any, so I will go out again later and start the hunt again.

Just been into the removal company and was met by a barrage of paperwork and rules & regulations, I am beginning to think if we are better to dump everything now and start all over when we get there. :dull:

We have had one quote but apparently we are getting another one tonight from the same company.

Oh and did everyone know that if AQUIS inspect our container at their end we have to pay for the inspection and it can take up to 14 days. Just thought I would share this with you guys, for anyone who did not know, it was the removal company who told me.

Also anything that is less than twelve months old we need to declare and have receipts, it is a good job we have been mean this year.

I have also sorted through my wardrobe and have found a load of clothes not going.

Currently now going over paperwork.

• Like 1

Shoes ,,,If you realy cant bare to leave something then take it over , but the more i think about it the more im inclined to just start over ,

innitially i thought id have half a container load , but the paperwork , cleaning , packaging ,shipping and AQUIS have just made me question if its actually worth it ??

I think im gonna store everything that i realy want to keep in the uk , and take a view on taking it to OZ in a year or 2 . Slightly different for me as i dont have a wife of family that need beds , wardrobes , clothes , and all associated hous stuff etc , A shame to leave and give everything away but im treating it as a liberation... A totally new start in oz including everything around me :-)

lee

Booked and confirmed my place on the 25th of feb for my practical trade assessment ..

So finally after all the waiting and waiting and waiting , all i havto do now is wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .

lee

That is what it is all about, wait for assessment results, wait for sponsorship, wait for CO, wait for PCC, wait for visa, wait for house to sell! Its a waiting game!!

If you have money and time before you come get yourselves to Scotland. Ireland, France ?, Amsterdam, anywhere that you have wanted to visit close to the UK. There are so many posts here from expats that complain they want to be close to Europe to visit the countries nearby. Get it over with. When you are here you will have Fiji, Bali, Vanuatu, New Zealand etc. etc. I know which I would rather have !:ssign18:

If I had visit all the places I wanted to see in Europe, I would only be emigrating to Oz in my next life time!!

OMG I've had the grilling... sorry interview. And I will find out in the next few days if I have got the job. It was only going to be a 30 min interview which turned in to best part of an hour. All I can say is do your research for the job you are going for and ensure you have planned well.

Holding thumbs

Shoes ,,,If you realy cant bare to leave something then take it over , but the more i think about it the more im inclined to just start over ,

innitially i thought id have half a container load , but the paperwork , cleaning , packaging ,shipping and AQUIS have just made me question if its actually worth it ??

I think im gonna store everything that i realy want to keep in the uk , and take a view on taking it to OZ in a year or 2 . Slightly different for me as i dont have a wife of family that need beds , wardrobes , clothes , and all associated hous stuff etc , A shame to leave and give everything away but im treating it as a liberation... A totally new start in oz including everything around me :-)

lee

I have thought about this, but it would cost us a fortune to buy all these beds and sofa´s again, they are only a couple of years old anyway.

The removal guy has just been round and seeing him actually relaxed me a bit ..... I asked him what I could & could not take and he just reassured me.

I have am a bit of a creature of habit and love my own bedding and towels, plus most of it is new anyway.

What have you been up to today? any news on the house front x

Love shoes - Jeyes fluid (should) be sold in Robert Dyers, if you have one of them near you, or B&Q, guess Homebase might sell it as well? Its really an outdoor disinfector, for example for use on children's swing sets etc, so think garden centres and the like...

Today I have done very little and feel guilty - went to doc and stocked up on 12 months of ladies medicine, posted an ebay package, answered loads of questions about current ebay auctions, took photos of a couple more things to put on ebay (tonight), tidied out my 'on the go' knitting bag, and that's it. So so lazy! Must try harder tomorrow lol.

Love shoes - Jeyes fluid (should) be sold in Robert Dyers, if you have one of them near you, or B&Q, guess Homebase might sell it as well? Its really an outdoor disinfector, for example for use on children's swing sets etc, so think garden centres and the like...

Hi PositivePixie ... thanks but I am stuck on bloody Spain and they don´t know what I am talking about, O have even looked around the garden stuff, going out in a minute to a huge hyper market, otherwise it will have to be something that smells equally as bad. But thanks for suggesting x

I have thought about this, but it would cost us a fortune to buy all these beds and sofa´s again, they are only a couple of years old anyway.

The removal guy has just been round and seeing him actually relaxed me a bit ..... I asked him what I could & could not take and he just reassured me.

I have am a bit of a creature of habit and love my own bedding and towels, plus most of it is new anyway.

What have you been up to today? any news on the house front x

Booked my place for practical assessment 25th feb,

been through my tool box's for the 3rd time trying to reduce everything to a managable level ,

decided to close the company down sooner as its just costing money to stay open !! probably start the ball rolling in 6-8 weeks :-(

Got third valuation on the house thursday morning . Must get a move on with the council as i want to get house finished and on the market ASASP !!

lee

Watched the shippers come in and reduce my life to a heap of boxes - quite a weird (and untraumatic experience), booked a hire car for our arrival and asked for a quote for furniture rental - oh and worked as well!

LoveShoes - I bought Jeyes in the supermarket, so it might be worth having a look there (although Spain??? not too sure). I made the heartbreaking decision to only take the shoes that would fit in my luggage rather than go through the palavar that is Australian customs - as a result my daughter and I have about 5 pairs each and the hubby and son have 2! Just think of the shopping for new ones (that's what I've convinced myself with).

LoveShoes - I bought Jeyes in the supermarket, so it might be worth having a look there (although Spain??? not too sure). I made the heartbreaking decision to only take the shoes that would fit in my luggage rather than go through the palavar that is Australian customs - as a result my daughter and I have about 5 pairs each and the hubby and son have 2! Just think of the shopping for new ones (that's what I've convinced myself with).

Thanks for your reply.

I bought some Milton tonight which a few members have said is fine.

Unfortunately I have too many pairs to go in my luggage and I don´t want to throw the others out. I have been collecting them for years (hence my silly PIO name ... I love shoes and am seriously addicted to them .... just bought a pair of suede ankle boots tonight in the sales for €18)

OH not taking as many as me though, I don´t have hundreds, but I must have 50. I am :embarrassed:

Guest mandajay

Hi guys,

I have spent the day in my father in laws summer house which is where our life is being stored until it is collected for shipping..

I have had the music blaring whilst i sorted into 'chuck', 'ship' and 'pack' piles!

Munched my way through a wagon wheel and 2 kit kats and my finger ends were blue and numb!

BUT...

I feel ACE! Actually doing something proactive towards the big move has left a big silly grin on my face!

Next step is to book the flights....whoop whoop

Manda x

We went into STA and TRailfinders to get flight quotes to compare to our own online searches, started to de-clutter by donating outdoor toys to local nursery and am currently on here as I have to stay up for another hour and a half in order to phone AHPRA! Also decided today to get john mason and crowne in next week to give us quotes. Also have put a massive wall planner up in the kitchen to start organising everything that we have to do into sizeable weekly/monthly tasks because when I really think about what we need to do my brain begins to fry.....!