What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently accepted an offer for a place at university to study podiatry and today did my 6 yr financial plan (be nice if it works out) to ensure we will have all the money for skills assessment (when I have a skill) in 3yrs) crb, medicals, visa app, state sponsorship (if needed), flights, shipping (including the dog), 3 months rental, groceries, bills, transport... I'm sure I've missed something lol. I also did this adding 20% in case of inflation and currency exchange rising.

If only life worked out the way you enter it on an excel spreadsheet!!

This is now my first step.. just 3.5 years to wait to find out if I can pass stage 1 by getting my degree x

[/b][/u]

:biglaugh: We were having the same discussion with our mates last night. Our mate said he was going to line them up at the nearest petrol station and slap each one as he drove past. He is off to Canada.

My OH wants to tell the world and shout it from the rooftops. I just want to slope off without telling anyone. I think it will wind people up more not knowing what is happening:wink:

Today, I have made progress. We got my Mum a laptop. I spoke to the Wrinklies for the first time on Skype today, so if we ever get back to Oz, at least I know that I will be able to speak and see the Wrinklies whenever I want. Not bad for two Wrinklies who have never been near a laptop or Skype before:frown:

" Wrinklies " ... a little harsh ! ...

Thanks bottler, even though we didn't think there'd be any problems it was still a nervous wait from doing the meds to getting the email, nothing's ever certain. Also still had to read it more than once to make sure. It came through late last night, been to bed but still not sure it's completely sunk in.

Thanks bottler, even though we didn't think there'd be any problems it was still a nervous wait from doing the meds to getting the email, nothing's ever certain. Also still had to read it more than once to make sure. It came through late last night, been to bed but still not sure it's completely sunk in.

it is a brilliant and exciting feeling ... even though I knew I would get one ( contributory parent visa ) I was stunned when it did come through ... just stood there for ages staring at it ... then the jumping up and down shouting YES YES YES ... have a great day and good luck with your move ... keep us informed how it all goes ...

• Like 1

Today I have applied for Health Insurance and my partner is booking his medical. He has a job offer at The Mater, starting August 12th. We will be applying for police checks next month as well as 457 visa. On a different note, how do you get the progress info on the bottom of your posts? Hope everyone is productive in their journey this week :D Good Luck Y'all

• 2 weeks later...
At this present moment, Lee, Mr Fabricator is on a plane heading to Perth to activate his visa.........didnt want to have to activate then come back but unfortunately that's the way things go........ I think it will be the shortest activation ever...leaves today home Saturday........:)

Becky

Wow Becky, have you activated already?

At this present moment, Lee, Mr Fabricator is on a plane heading to Perth to activate his visa.........didnt want to have to activate then come back but unfortunately that's the way things go........ I think it will be the shortest activation ever...leaves today home Saturday........:)

Becky

Oh my Life Hon, what a journey, wish him well from both of us xx

Wow Becky, have you activated already?

No I haven't hun, I dont have my visa yet, will get it sorted out when Lee gets back, I cant apply until he has activated, rules of the partner visa.....we have it all ready to submit tho should should be ok.........We have had no viewings on the house since before Christmas, couldnt put off Lee activating any longer, what with work and everything so decided it better to do it sooner rather than later.

How are things with you? Hope you are well xxxxx

Uploaded HIV blood test results on eVisa and also forwarded copies to CO as my file is closed at the Hospital. Please let this mean that someone, somewhere is looking at my Meds now so we can be put out of our misery.

Can't believe how long it has been delayed for C girl. Hoping this visa will land in your inbox imminently

Millie x

No I haven't hun, I dont have my visa yet, will get it sorted out when Lee gets back, I cant apply until he has activated, rules of the partner visa.....we have it all ready to submit tho should should be ok.........We have had no viewings on the house since before Christmas, couldnt put off Lee activating any longer, what with work and everything so decided it better to do it sooner rather than later.

How are things with you? Hope you are well xxxxx

We are ok although my 8 year old keeps having meltdown where she wants to go home...she hasn't had the best of starts at school, long story but she is in a good school now albeit private...

I am back at uni only studying a fast track nursing degree! SA won't let me teach and it is so hard to even get an interview in teaching. I am looking at the bigger picture now and nursing seems to be one area where there are massive shortages!

Were both working for an agency doing chef work...weather has been amazing on the other hand!

We still haven't sold our house in the UK and had it rented for a while but now it is empty because we can't event it and have it for sale at the same time which is barbaric and a financial strain...

Would you consider renting out yours?