What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good news Hon.

Got fed up with the system. Ours is showing the same. Sent everything off to CO that she requested for me, heard nothing since.

Fly in the early hours of tmoz morn for the Meds, I am like a demented here with worry:embarrassed:

I think the Doc might need to give me a horse tranquiliser or something to keep me calm:biggrin:

Hey C girl

just wanted to say best of luck even though you won't need it. Will send you a mail in a couple of days when everything calms down a little.

Will be thinking of you

Millie x

we're now through the first part of the skills assessment which was an assessment of eligibility to sit an exam which involved collating various papers, references etc. Good to get the first part done, however the only downside is that a written exam has to be successfully passed before the skills assessment can be obtained, and the next available exam is early September. bit of a wait, but means time to save up for the additional exam and put some more towards the visa so not all bad. Just a case of booking the exam, and then let other things take over for a few months before getting the prep started. will get there!!

Ah Thanks Hon. All getting a bit real now.

I am not looking forward to the meds, but am going to Manchester to see the Doc who has been recommended for people like me "a demented giblet about hospitals". I am also looking forward to going Oop North. Only ever been to Blackpool before. The plan is to take my mind off of the meds and have a whistlestop tour of Manchester and Liverpool, so am really looking forward to that.

Finger's crossed you have some good news on the house front when I get back Lorraine xxx

Hey Lols how did the meds go? Just wondered if Dr Feelgood needed the horse tranquillisers or if he just made you comfortable with a Tesco horse burger instead?

Trying to get my Downs Syndrome son an independent psychological assessment for our 457 - what a crock of s*** - he goes to mainstream school, has no medical problems and is being fully funded by my husbands company, independent school, healthcare etc, this is the last hurdle for us and we're there but I'm losing hope, my hubby is already there and I'm here with my 3 children, we can't go til the visa is granted....

Finally got my IELTS results: 9.0/9.0/9.0/9.0 I'm so chuffed.

Also contacted the HR departments and my past ward managers, to request references that I'll need for AHPRA and ANMAC/DIAC.

I have a feeling this next part of the process will take much longer, as I'm relying on 5 different employers to provide references, receive them in the post and then apply to NMAC and wait the three-ish months it takes for them to get me on the register.

Finally got my IELTS results: 9.0/9.0/9.0/9.0 I'm so chuffed.

Also contacted the HR departments and my past ward managers, to request references that I'll need for AHPRA and ANMAC/DIAC.

I have a feeling this next part of the process will take much longer, as I'm relying on 5 different employers to provide references, receive them in the post and then apply to NMAC and wait the three-ish months it takes for them to get me on the register.

I find it helps to give a deadline when you need something back. Could you add a date when you request the references. We had to get 24 from our clients and we found that if they had a date that we needed them by, they tried their best to get it to us asap.

Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Ive sold my house thats what ive done been looking at flights etc etc can't wait to stick 2 fingers up to some people lol

:biglaugh: We were having the same discussion with our mates last night. Our mate said he was going to line them up at the nearest petrol station and slap each one as he drove past. He is off to Canada.

My OH wants to tell the world and shout it from the rooftops. I just want to slope off without telling anyone. I think it will wind people up more not knowing what is happening:wink:

Today, I have made progress. We got my Mum a laptop. I spoke to the Wrinklies for the first time on Skype today, so if we ever get back to Oz, at least I know that I will be able to speak and see the Wrinklies whenever I want. Not bad for two Wrinklies who have never been near a laptop or Skype before:frown:

Received an email from CO saying our assessment was complete, but my meds have been referred so now we wait AGAIN.

Instructed Estate Agents to reduce the price of our house by 5K to generate some new interest.

Hang in there C Girl. All will come good very soon

Millie x

Last week I went to the magistrates court to get my documents certified, and I received almost all of my professional references for my skills assessment. Yesterday I told my manager I'll be moving to Oz (which she was really nice about) and I spoke to the remaining past employers about references, which they've agreed to get done in next week. So hopefully, by 2 weeks time, I'll have completed my application for the skills assessment. This part seems to have dragged on and on!