What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Applied for NSW police check. Filled the paperwork out for my UK police check and booked a blood test to prove I have has mumps vaccine. Wish I could say I was now on top of my too do list but I feel like I am drowning in admin atm. Just keep reminding myself it will all be worth it in the end :)

researched cost of living in Sydney (ie a typical grocery shop,a cup of coffee, a day trip to aquarium etc) until my brain melted! :) ooh and also get neighbour to sign off sons passport renewal and photo (ran out last april :o) and hubby has been decluttering/getting rid of stuff like a demon.

Edited by Robertsclan

Just got a job offer in a completely different area than what my pr visa was granted for (General Plumber). After activation trip got a bit worried about cost of living, training costs and earnings for 18 months whilst getting licenced. Going back to IT with a view to 'hit the ground running' when we get out there!

Gaunty

Edited by gaunty

• 2 weeks later...

24 hrs after booking I still hadn't received confirmation so I rang to be told I had booked, and paid, but airline hadn't booked us ??? So they have refunded us, but not cancelled cause nothing was booked. Will take 72 hrs for money to be returned to my account so I can then go and book again.

Woke up at 10 after 3 hours sleep, had mini meltdown, signed house up with letting agent, had mini meltdown. Took car to Carcraft, got much less than its worth, you can probably guess what happened next! Eldest Granddaughter took the Christmas tree down, daughter encouraged me to throw stuff out! Sitting with a glass of Baileys feeling overwhelmed, dreading the goodbyes tomorrow!

• Like 1

:hug: It'll all be worth it my lovely.

Wishing you a safe flight, happy landing. Jxxxx

Thank you for the hug and your good wishes Munchkinella. It does help when people wish you well. Daughter just phoned and told me to go to bed! Role reversal! I doing as I'm told though and may even sleep after the second glass of Baileys! Thanks again xxx

Woke up at 10 after 3 hours sleep, had mini meltdown, signed house up with letting agent, had mini meltdown. Took car to Carcraft, got much less than its worth, you can probably guess what happened next! Eldest Granddaughter took the Christmas tree down, daughter encouraged me to throw stuff out! Sitting with a glass of Baileys feeling overwhelmed, dreading the goodbyes tomorrow!

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow, I am sure it will be fine, Goodbyes are never easy, I feel for you. Take care and have a safe journey, let us know that all goes well

Beecky xxx

Redrafted our budget (for the upteenth time!!) in order to work out the earliest date we can leave the UK...

I had a date of August 2015 but a lot hinges on us saving like crazy to meet this date as we have decided to rent out the house instead of selling due to the dismal housing market.

On the bright side only 11 weeks till we fly to Perth for our reccie.

Thanks to amazing friends we have significantly reduced out costs as we will be staying with them and very gladly taken up their offer of a loan car for the 3 weeks we are on the ground.

I don't want to wish my life away but roll on August 2015!