What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Suzi Wong

Booked 4 x one way tickets London to Melbourne for 14 January 2013, 7 weeks tomorrow. Kids enrolled in high school. Just need to work my notice and somehow get through Christmas and we are off!! Thank god we can have few weeks off when we get there, will need them!!

Hey Guys , been a while since i went off grid , hope your all well ??

Congrats Candy girl please as punch .

well ive had my visa a while now and still havnt had the opportunity to actually celebrate the fact ,

My house took forever to finish and get signed off by the council but its now on the market ( to at probably at the slowest time of year !! ) couple of views last week but no takers .

My business has been hanging on by a thread for 3 years ( another reason to get out of the UK ) and i finally accepted that its time to throw the towel in .

So i start my new job on monday , back on the shop floor . atleast this will give me and rebecca some stability and security for the immediate future untill the house sells and we can book out tickets . Oz still feels like an absoloute pipe dream even after all this time and a stamp in the passport .

we will get there and it will be worth all the effort :-)

lee ...

Hey Guys , been a while since i went off grid , hope your all well ??

Congrats Candy girl please as punch .

well ive had my visa a while now and still havnt had the opportunity to actually celebrate the fact ,

My house took forever to finish and get signed off by the council but its now on the market ( to at probably at the slowest time of year !! ) couple of views last week but no takers .

My business has been hanging on by a thread for 3 years ( another reason to get out of the UK ) and i finally accepted that its time to throw the towel in .

So i start my new job on monday , back on the shop floor . atleast this will give me and rebecca some stability and security for the immediate future untill the house sells and we can book out tickets . Oz still feels like an absoloute pipe dream even after all this time and a stamp in the passport .

we will get there and it will be worth all the effort :-)

lee ...

Thanks Honey.

Oh Hon, I really feel for you, but you are destined for better things and you will get your business back again we are both sure. I know how hard you have worked, but at least the job is a short term thing until you both get out to Oz. Let's hope we can sit overlooking the sea, with a Sherbert in our hands and laugh at this process some day. Keeping everything crossed for the house sale too.

Wishing you the Best of Luck for Monday xxx

Awe thanks hun,

I know itll be worth it , and the day will come , i thought the visa was hard work emotionally, but the punches keep rolling ,

Fortunatly i have the most amazing woman im my life , supporting , understanding and just being there .

I love the uk , i just dont like what it has become , i have phoned a few companys this week telling them that im technically bancrupt , tho i will pay everyone off if they can give me a months grace while i start my new job .

Mortgage people said no probs , i owe them £152, 500 and they said dont worry , we wont take payment for 3 months , then to call if i need more time , ( couldnt ask for more )

Company van , phoned finance people , not interested , said to call a week after i skip payment ( basically forcing me to go into arears )

Vat man , paid 25% of my return , theyre not to bad but got a lecture about how VAT is not my money to pay a mortgage and put food on the table

House insurance , £45 a month , they have charged me £12 for missed poayment and intend to prosecute !!!!!!!!!!!! FFS

Winge over but this country is on its knees , ive done all i can to work hard , pay my way and better myself , at the end of it all i'll have nothing but a bad credit rating while those who live on the benefit system have beer money for the weekend and not a care in the world ,

Get out of dodge , live frugally untill settled in oz , steady low pressure job and enjoy life !!! cant come soon enough .

lee

Starting to make a bit of progress. Online skills assessment submitted last week, supporting documentation mailed on Friday, EOI form complete and just needing skills assessment and IELTS details inserted, and IELTS organised for this Saturday. Talked about it for long enough, and glad to be finally making a little progress on the plans!!

I've only just started the whole process. So far me and my Husband have figured out all the things we need to get done before applying for the visa (EOI, IELTS, etc etc). I've done step 1 today: Applied for the IELTS exam on 12th January. It's only a small step, but it's the start and I'm really relieved to get the ball rolling. It's really nice reading back on this thread and hearing about everyone's excitement at their plans, good luck everyone!

Today I ve spent 4 hours cleaning the house ready for estate agents to take photos to put house on the mark only have 5 year old daughters bedroom to go but she wont come out as she is playing eekkkkkkkkkk. I even did the garden had to run back in though as i thought i was a good idea to go out with nothing on my feet after jack frost had been - guess i forgot which country i was in.

We fly six weeks today! I am trying to convince myself that the overwhelming emotion is excitement, not blind panic.

This morning I received confirmation that our baby now has a 676 visa allowing him multiple entries into Australia for stays of up to 12months. Processing times on 101 child visas seem to get longer every time I check, but at least now we have official approval to take him to Aus!

And tonight I am trying to plan a diet for the next six weeks :twitcy:

Another busy day, I like being to able to add to THIS thread:biggrin:.

Today I've done my application (and paid the Aus$3060!!!!!) and then spent what seems like eternity uploading documents. Why do you have to do them 1 by 1?

Because they like to make us work for our Golden Tickets:biggrin: