thewebweazel

What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

Stepped off a plane. Which was the final thing I had to do to get myself to oz :-)

My car went today :(

We are now down to one car but with less than two weeks before we leave we should cope. (And the money from the sale goes into the pot to transfer to Oz dollars).

Wedding 06/04/2013, 820 visa applied 30/04/2013 and granted 02/05/2013 - 2 days!

​300 PMV sent for partner (futureinoz) on 15/05/2012. Case officer assigned (LG) on the 17/05/2012. Medicals done 07/06/2012. Have been told 5-6 months. PMV granted 17/10/2012 :jiggy:

Guest MatJayJay

Okay so I'm a little slow off the mark but sent off my papers (last week) to be checked by the Oz OT Council.

Hopefully (no obvious reasons against) I should be able to apply for registration.

As soon as that hurdle is passed I can begin my visa application (looking at State sponsored to get work in Hospital fingers crossed)

Fingers crossed things go smoothly and I'll be bathing in the Oz sunshine soon :biggrin:

Okay so I'm a little slow off the mark but sent off my papers (last week) to be checked by the Oz OT Council.

Hopefully (no obvious reasons against) I should be able to apply for registration.

As soon as that hurdle is passed I can begin my visa application (looking at State sponsored to get work in Hospital fingers crossed)

Fingers crossed things go smoothly and I'll be bathing in the Oz sunshine soon :biggrin:

Thats really good! I came across your posts a while ago when i was looking for other occupational therapist posts.

Best of luck!

Filled out DIAC and Tassy EOIs today! After TRA application this seemed soooo painless.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I locked the wife outside in the freezing cold, it was Brassick and she was shouting at me to let her in and I said NO' she said she was gonna smash me face in when she got back in, but I still wouldn't let her in, she said, almost whimpering with the cold, WHYyyyyyyy? I said it will make you want to go to sunny hot Australia more.

Are steaks really good for black eyes?

I locked the wife outside in the freezing cold, it was Brassick and she was shouting at me to let her in and I said NO' she said she was gonna smash me face in when she got back in, but I still wouldn't let her in, she said, almost whimpering with the cold, WHYyyyyyyy? I said it will make you want to go to sunny hot Australia more.

Are steaks really good for black eyes?

Brassick - what has her being skint to do with it?

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Ok, so technically not today, but last week was a big one:

Accepted the job offer

Started the residence visa reinstatement process

Sat the IELTS just in case #2 doesn't work

I feel we are a few steps closer!

Citizen of the world, wherever I lay my hat, etc

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Brassick - what has her being skint to do with it?

It means Brass monkey weather, it's a word we use in Yarkshire for that, you only use words like, it's not as hot today is it. Lol

i dont like to brag.......... but check it out................ look bellow............ its all out go. ............. woooooooohooooooooo

AHPRA application will be sent this week. 11.1.12, recieved 28.1.12. approved 12.6.12 :biggrin:, 457 awarded 12.11.12 flights booked for 21,11,12 short term accomodation booked, travel insurance, health insurance, job offers accapted. its flat out OZ now....

i dont like to brag.......... but check it out................ look bellow............ its all out go. ............. woooooooohooooooooo

Is that us getting rid of you gordon lol have to admit the place might be quieter! :P

I'm excited for you!

Well suitcases packed. We can only take 20kg each as I am a dual national and my partner on a PMV, but I have packed out my 7kg carry-on, and my laptop bag and my big handbag. (We are not flying out for another week but need to sort what needs to go with the shipping.)

We have each packed another big suitcase which we will send air cargo. (We are also sending a few other necessary bits and pieces together with the cat gear as they will get out of quarantine before the shipping arrives). The rest of our clothes and shoes are being shipped (we have packed 4 more large suitcases and 6 large bags and that is just clothes!). White and Co will be here tomorrow to pack for the container, so have also been busy cleaning boots, bikes and garden tools until they are thoroughly clean. Still have to do the dyson Hoover and the tumble dryer but they are currently in use. :arghh:

I'm sure we will get there. :skeptical:

Edited by dianaos

Wedding 06/04/2013, 820 visa applied 30/04/2013 and granted 02/05/2013 - 2 days!

​300 PMV sent for partner (futureinoz) on 15/05/2012. Case officer assigned (LG) on the 17/05/2012. Medicals done 07/06/2012. Have been told 5-6 months. PMV granted 17/10/2012 :jiggy:

I cannot stop smiling:biggrin:

Finalised our EOI for a 189 and 190. Now we sit and wait for the next instalment and I am sure panic attacks:err:

IELTS 02/12 = 9's, AQF III 31/05/12, TRA Ass 14/11/12, EOI Submitted 14/11/12, Invite Received 15/11/12, 489 FS Lodged 29/11/12, CO Assigned 01/01/13, Meds 17/01/13 Grant 02/04/2013 189 Independent Visa Invitation 22/04/13, VISA GRANT 01/05/13

Arrived in Perth 09/10/13

I bought one of those mini toothpastes to take on the flights with me :)

Temp Aussie Resident, on a marriage visa.

Wow ! Hello! Haven't been on in a while - been flat out! Visa confirmed September, thesis completed 2 weeks ago, final exam 20th, a hurried 23kg x2 pack up of the house will follow and we'll be on the big metal bird on the 29th!!!!

I am so excited now, scared, excited aghhhh :)

Dr Shellsparkles, down under and loving it!

Two boxes picked up this morning by Seven Seas. Constant state of panic abating for now. Away on the drink this afternoon!

I drink, therefore I dance.....

Received an Invite this afternoon from SkillSelect for a 489 visa. Brilliant, but not sure if this is right for us and whether we should reject it:eek:

IELTS 02/12 = 9's, AQF III 31/05/12, TRA Ass 14/11/12, EOI Submitted 14/11/12, Invite Received 15/11/12, 489 FS Lodged 29/11/12, CO Assigned 01/01/13, Meds 17/01/13 Grant 02/04/2013 189 Independent Visa Invitation 22/04/13, VISA GRANT 01/05/13

Arrived in Perth 09/10/13

set aside our money for our flights, eek, getting real now.

OH spouse visa applied 14 June '12; CO (SV) appointed 20 June '12; Granted 11 Dec 2012 :xmas16:

Had my medical on Friday!! The nurse was happy with everything and I will have my "fit for work" certificate Monday :-)))

Nom Lodged 17/03/2015

VISA Lodged 17/03/2015

VISA lodged as "Desicion Ready)

Occupation- Motor Mechanic

fly out tomorrow night.... such a mixture of emotions just now, excitement, regret, sorrow, sadness, joy. leaving behind so many good friends and wonderful family members. lets give it a go

AHPRA application will be sent this week. 11.1.12, recieved 28.1.12. approved 12.6.12 :biggrin:, 457 awarded 12.11.12 flights booked for 21,11,12 short term accomodation booked, travel insurance, health insurance, job offers accapted. its flat out OZ now....

fly out tomorrow night.... such a mixture of emotions just now, excitement, regret, sorrow, sadness, joy. leaving behind so many good friends and wonderful family members. lets give it a go

thats all you can do - give it your best shot :hug:

Organised my leaving do for 6 days before I leave. Every time I get an acceptance notification on FB I fill up!

Aw bless :hug: It'll all be worth it xx

' Life is but a fleeting moment.....so do not waste a second on something that doesn't make you smile.' :wubclub:

Aw bless :hug: It'll all be worth it xx

My first PIO hug! I've filled up again. Thank you, I needed it xx

today I completed all the paperwork to get my kids passports. bah, my head is fried :)

OH spouse visa applied 14 June '12; CO (SV) appointed 20 June '12; Granted 11 Dec 2012 :xmas16: