What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Well we have officially put our house on the market. Hubby's visa should come through within next few weeks so the only thing holding us up will then be the house. Fingers crossed that someone out there is looking and this is their perfect house and it's snapped up :) ( I can but dream)

I had that dream, thinking someone will want this house as soon as they saw it. We put our house on the market on the Monday, someone turned up on our door the wed eve wanting to come and look, booked them for Friday, and hey pesto, they loved it, they offered the asking price, so we sold it in 5 days, so my dream did come true. Lol it can happen. Keep faith. Xxx :biggrin:

Edited by OZZIES

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started getting my house rental ready. Need to re-decorate/touch up 2 of the bedrooms and have a mass de-clutter! Loads has been binned today and lots of ebay/gumtree listings made. Also made a start with some painting.

Oh ... and lots of lists, I've made lists for EVERYTHING!

Tonight I'm also planning to apply for at least 2 jobs. 2 a day until I run out of ideas, hopefully someone will want me :)

Time for update, well our rental has not been rented but have had some positive viewings, also the landlord of the property we live is is really relaxed about the move out date, so does gives us chance to clean and decorate when the shippers have taken our worldly goods away. Many trip to tip, and wonder who else is doing the same and thinking do we really need that..

Started saying the goodbyes and took timeout for a one last look at Cornwall and it was sunny for change...

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Had a family pow wow today to discuss my favourite subject...... Australia and everyone is now on board. YEAH BABY !!!!!!

both kids want to go definite and the wife says she wants to try it also, so it's all systems go.

Had a family pow wow today to discuss my favourite subject...... Australia and everyone is now on board. YEAH BABY !!!!!!

both kids want to go definite and the wife says she wants to try it also, so it's all systems go.

:ssign19:HOFF- Absolutely Fantastic news!!!! I bet they can see the smile on your face from Oz:wink:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
:ssign19:HOFF- Absolutely Fantastic news!!!! I bet they can see the smile on your face from Oz:wink:

I had an inkling they were coming round to my way if thinking, my lad has tried for several low paid part time jobs and got nowhere, so he thinks there's little for him here in the UK, my daughter wants to give it ago, but not forever and the wife is thinking, why not, life's about living. Our plans are to go in about a year to 18 months, fingers crossed.

Oh great ....if you coming here then we will all move back over there ....!!!!!!!!

Booked our hire car for the last couple of days and the airport run. Redirected our mail and notified all the utilities providers. Booked the No1 Traveller Lounge at terminal 3 for a little pampering before flying. Looking forward to trying that one. Suitcases half packed and Margarita ingredients, lots of tequila and a new cocktail dress purchased for our Mexican buffet leaving party on Saturday night. Oh dear :wacko::swoon::ssign16:

Millie x

All my worldly goods are in cardboard boxes thanks to the boys at Crown. Been contacting dealers in oz for a new car (HOW MUCH??). Started the farewell parties. Not looking forward to camping out in the house for 2 weeks but it all goes towards not camping out in a house in oz for too long before the furniture arrives. It's all good at the moment :-)

Well I'm sure counting down the days before I walk away from my job (going to miss some of who i work with). So making the most of doing the rounds to say goodbye. So pleased, no excited that the Visa has come through YIPEE!! So yes "Project OZ" is still very much ON. So busy tucking items into boxes ready for the shippers, and getting rid of more junk. Also busy updating all the job sites with the Visa status, in the hope of getting a job offer before we arrive.

sold both cars and we now have a little hire car, crown popped in this morning and quickly packed what i thought was alot of stuff, snowboard packed in own little box

no tv or sofa so on mattrass on the living room floor ( we must look like something out of trainspotting), all white goods sold by tomorrow, house cleaned, carpets cleaned on thurs, garage floor sealed.

BUT bloody tenants have pulled out at last minute we are so angry, our mang company are doing what they can so we shall see

transferred another £10K to NAB account so plenty to spend when we get there

possible job at same school where wife will be working - fingers crossed

Guest Suzi Wong

We decided that, instead of flying to Melbourne next August, we are going at beginning of January to settle kids in school, no pressure then!!

Guest The Ropey HOFF
its weird sitting in the house, no sofa or chairs, waiting for people to collect all other stuff, i hate all this cleaning

hopefully got a viewing tomorrow

Best of luck matey.