What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck candygirl - keeping my fingers crossed for you :smile:

Thanks Val. I was very relieved at the Post Office when I finally said Goodbye to the package, but now that I am back home, I feel more anxious than ever. I am checking the Parcel Force website constantly to see where the parcel is:err:

Today we booked flights, have a post it note with someones name on everything in the house, donated excess clothes to Marie Curie, had a roll of bubble wrap delivered which is the size of a chest of drawers oh AND HAD OUR VISA"S APPROVED wooohooooooo roll on the 25th when I get on that plane and turn left into first :biggrin:

Ok update time, so sorry for not being on here for a while, have been busy with work and DIY, carpet being fitted today for our house, ready for more pictures, and hope it will be rented soon (yep still wanting a tenant), started saying goodbye at work, as dont want them to be surprised when they enquire and the email fails to be delivered, now that leads me to wonder how many of us, use work email for our banking, retail, and other non-work related, luckly we have not, but we have had to change emails address's as connected to our ISP, and that takes ages to change over!

Its garden day today, could be the last day of fine weather we will have...

Have spent the last three days "negotiating" on the sale of our house. We are nearly there, I think!!!!

We want to sell, they want to buy and the agent is in the middle pulling his hair out:biggrin: One step nearer to Oz I hope:yes:

So happy there is some movement on the house for you C girl. Will keep everything crossed for you over the next few days

Millie x

Well garden is done and carpets and vinyl are down in the house ready. Just hoping for a tenant to move in soon. All the work done yesterday and now I am feeling stiff and sore so today will be spent putting more stuff on eBay that needs to be got rid of before we move to oz...plus it's raining... :sad:...not so unusual in the UK, I know, but sunshine is preferred.

Had good news from my boss. I will still get my bonus even if I hand in my notice now. My contract says I don't get any bonuses after handing in my resignation but he is prepared to waive this as they can't offer my job to anyone else until after I have handed it in. We are leaving on the 23rd Nov so was going to work right up until the last couple of days. Now I am going to get an extra £3500 (before tax) so that's a bit more to take to Oz and I get to take time off work for packing etc so very happy. :biggrin:

I woke up today to an email with 457 visa approval letters for me and my family WHOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!

Well doneon the visa grant :biggrin:

Congratulations

I hope we have sold our house. We are just waiting for the deposit to be transferred from our buyers. I won't believe it until I see the colour of their money:err:

Hoping everything goes well with the house sale Lorraine - another step in your journey :biggrin: