What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Some really good news from all you Guys:biggrin: Everyone's getting organised!!!

Had lunch with OH's original Trainer today finalising paperwork for TRA - all completed now Thank God.

Seeing our lawyer tomorrow to swear 3 Stat Decs and collect final translations of business registrations, then all I have to do is photocopy the lever arch file of papers and fly to UK on Friday to get certified and sent off to Oz - then the real fun begins, 12 weeks of waiting for a decision!!!

Good luck C Girl

Millie x

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been working hard to get the house finished, has been on the rental market for 3 weeks, not one enquiry, so will need to chat to agent to find out how we can improve, or thinking of selling instead, and we all know how tought that is..oh what to do. Still so much to get rid of, its funny how you tidy up, then have to turn the whole place upside down to find what you thought you put in a safe place...ARGH!

Seven Seas picked up our six boxes today, flat looks quite bare now. Only have internet and mobile phones left to cancel and tell the bank to send all mail to my parents address then we are pretty much sorted. Less than 6 weeks to go and then we're off :biggrin:

Dug my heels in the last few weeks and finally the second garden furniture set went for the right price. Got almost half what I paid for it 6 years ago :-)

Now off to settle the last little balance of my Marks and Spencer credit card and will try not to buy anything else while I am there.

Less than 8 weeks now and 35 days left at work and I am so excited!!

Millie x

Dug my heels in the last few weeks and finally the second garden furniture set went for the right price. Got almost half what I paid for it 6 years ago :-)

Now off to settle the last little balance of my Marks and Spencer credit card and will try not to buy anything else while I am there.

Less than 8 weeks now and 35 days left at work and I am so excited!!

Millie x

wow Millie, doesn't time fly, I was really sad and got a timer app for my phone which told me how long until I flew etc...

Before you know it you will be on your way...

A day of cleaning, well with me being the painter, yep it gets everywhere, so car load of painting and DIY materials brought back, so carpet and vinyl has been ordered and when fitted will be ready to rent, then we focus on a another round of offloading of not wanted and donation to charity (PDSA - got gift aid and so far the donations have generated £200!)

We have been working hard to get the house finished, has been on the rental market for 3 weeks, not one enquiry, so will need to chat to agent to find out how we can improve, or thinking of selling instead, and we all know how tought that is..oh what to do. Still so much to get rid of, its funny how you tidy up, then have to turn the whole place upside down to find what you thought you put in a safe place...ARGH!

Good news got a potential tenant! And found what I was looking for now, I bet it will happen again..

Haven't been on here for a while as nothing was happening and I got really fed up but now we have sold our house this week and I have booked my course in Oz so now started filling in my visa. Just need to sort everything out in the house and decide what to take with us mmmm:unsure:

I love this thread, so much so that I was up past midnight yesterday reading everyone's responses.

My husband & I am only in the very early stages of preparing for our move down under. Today I am attempting to write some more of my dissertation. I am sitting my final exams at uni in 8 months time, at which point we will officially get the ball rolling for the big move.

Until then, I shall do a bit & leave a lot, throw in some much needed procrastination, as well as the occassional glance up at my pin board which is currently looking after our Get Me Down Under tickets for Leeds in November. We just need to keep our fingers crossed that my job will remain on the wanted list for long enough to get us out to Oz