What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been cleaning, cleaning and cleaning!

Removals come in 3 weeks today, only have a few kids free days, hubby only has a few days off work and in between all of this we have a big leaving party, my aunts funeral (have to travel from Cornwall to Birmingham and back!) and our eldest son's 6th birthday to deal with! :err:

Oh well, flights and accommodation all booked, we have even got a annual pass to the gold coast theme parks!:ssign19:

Guest Suzi Wong

Sitting among piles of boxes, ready to move into rented accommodation tomorrow. Still awaiting results of medicals and hopefully visa grant shortly. Getting quite excited that I may be able to hand in my notice in my super stressful job soon. It's all becoming very real, scary but exciting too. Everything crossed meds not referred for any reason.

Guest RotherhamtoAus

Joined POI and started the process of finding out what we need to do, have, and how many kidneys i need to sell to get there

Photographed & posted car and sofa ads. Printed group picture of friends to write wee farewell message with skype contact details to friends. Spoke to job prospect in Aus to keep him in the loop. Decided on solicitor we should sell house with, when the time comes. Very productive morning before work!

Edited by Anna333

A wardrobe, chest of drawers and dining room table and chairs all gone to a friend in need today. My house is starting to look bare in places. I am now driving a very fetching ford fiesta on loan from the sales garage. I haven't driven a shift stick transmission for at least ten years.:eek: Haven't stalled it yet but it's taking some getting used to. Great little runner though so might go for a small economical car in Oz.

Waiting for a master upholsterer to come and completely take apart the 9 foot sofa so I can get it out of my house and then reassemble it in the house of another friend in need. It took them 6 hours when I moved in here. I bought two smaller ones to take to Oz about a year ago which are still in their packets.

Tomorrow I will be dismantling the large wardrobes to sell and replacing with a couple of hanging rails for essential clothes. Already packed most of my dresses for shipping. I am trying to get most of it out of the way now because back to work next week and the Ofsted visit is imminent.

Onwards.....

Millie x

I will go first! Over the weekend we did a bit of a clear out and I have taken the rubbish to the skip. It doesn't look like not much but along with other DIY rubbish it filled my Suzuki to the brim!! :cute:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10957[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10958[/ATTACH]

Is that a real car.?