What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got on a plane and left life as i've know it behind!! Currently in the heat and humidity of Singapore, avoiding the HUGE numbers of shopping malls as already pushing the limits of Singapore Airline's generosity! Tonight, its back on a plane and tomorrow, I will finally be in Oz and the adventure really begins!! YEAY!!!!

Wondering where to start, we have the shippers coming on Tuesday and we have not even started sorting out clothes we will need to keep for the next 5 weeks and will what we keep be suitable for a Perth spring.

Got car to power wash, get new tyres fitted, clean inside and outside, power wash garden equipemt (and pray they get in), disenfect shoes (god my OH has loads) and so on.

Hi everyone, thanks CG and Millie for asking. Brieff update, the house almost ready to go on the market, got new window glass to put in bit more painting then we good to go. We think it will be on by beginning of Sept....then we wait......if all goes to plan we hope to be over by Xmas, sooner if poss but depends on house sale really, I know many people are in the same situation. Got some shippers comming out in a week or 2, because of the tools/machinery we taking we limited to who we use but I really like Doree Bonner, they are extremely helpful so see what they say when they come out.

We busy getting things sold and starting to organise what we're taking and what we're not, doing well on that front, got loads organised, it will save time at the end. Busy getting paperwork together so it all systems go. was a bit stop and start for a while but we moving along nicely at the moment. It great that Lee and I work so well together, he builds I paint heheheehe......so fingers crossed for the next couple weeks.

I am glad to hear that everyone is progressing nicely, I still have to pinch myself that this is all really happening. I was going over anyway but it has been brought forward by 2 years. We both excited but at the same time it very much ......WOW are we really doing this hehehehe but I am sure you all know that feeling.

Will keep you posted as things develop. MAke sure you all keep us updated aswell

Much Love

Becky xxxxx

Guest Chantel

Got case officer on Monday 14th August by receipt email and today received back photos and other evidence sent along with printed receipt. It feels good to have the communication! :cute:

Guest Chantel
I got on a plane and left life as i've know it behind!! Currently in the heat and humidity of Singapore, avoiding the HUGE numbers of shopping malls as already pushing the limits of Singapore Airline's generosity! Tonight, its back on a plane and tomorrow, I will finally be in Oz and the adventure really begins!! YEAY!!!!

That's exciting!!! :biggrin: Safe journeys!

Builder has completed the work we wanted done for the house to be put up for rent,he has done a great job, now to get on with the painting, then ready for carpets to be fitted, lots of other things to do, even unsubscribing to email fliers, well do i need to know what allot of UK retailers have to offer when we are in Australia..

Some great updates Peeps:biggrin:

Had a viewing on the house this morning. Applied for two jobs in Oz. Booked my flight to the UK and made an appt with a solicitor to certify all our docs for TRA.

Fingers crossed on the viewing C girl and the jobs.

Sold my dishwasher this morning. They didn't even try and negotiate so I obviously sold it too cheap. Ah well, better looking at the cash than looking for it.

Millie x

You have done so well M, perhaps you would like a ickle holiday by the sea before you leave for Aus and see if you can sell my house:biggrin:

It is a very long time since I have worn my realtor shoes. ;) Sold my mother's house in Mallorca for her some years ago and could not believe the amount of extra red tape there is to deal with. And the agency fees are unreal. Will need a holiday though at this rate :cool:

Fingers crossed for you hun

Millie x

Very early stages for us. Today we took passport photos of all the family and arranged for printing for all the different citizenships, passports and visa applications they'll be needed for.

A small first step.... :biggrin:

Good luck with the visa process. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Today I have sorted out the books I am taking = 1 medium box, The DVDs and CDs 3 tea chest size.(think I need to get rid of more cds)

Another few bags of clothes gone and took all the photos being kept out of the old albums and frames to make one small box.

Now have an enormous pile of dvds, cds and books to sell.

The house has been like a laundrette all day. Washed all the duvets, bedding, throws and cushion covers that are going to Oz.

Took down all my own Designers Guild curtains to sell at the Curtain Exchange in Bath. They are too heavy for the Oz climate. Waiting for the Landlord's curtains to dry so I can iron them and re-hang them. My house doesn't look like mine any more. It's all good. :wink:

Millie x